Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Ana de Armas may get an Oscar nomination for Knives Out
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited January 2020
    World Without End (1956)
    Awesome typically cheesy sci-fi

TCM description: An astronaut and his buddies land on 26th century Earth and find men meek and women friendly

IMDb: World Without End (1956) https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1712065024/tt0049964/
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Elf (2003)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2020
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
    ...I’ve never watched a full episode of the TV series, have only seen a few minutes here & there of 3 or 4 episodes. 
    Post edited by Renfield on
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    Jason P said:
    Ana de Armas may get an Oscar nomination for Knives Out
    She might, Renee gonna win for Judy
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Aloha Scooby Doo (2005)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    House (1977) Japanese horror movie although it felt more like a comedy movie at times. Very weird.
    Movie poster illustrates the aunts cat Blanche sitting on a pedestal before the aunts house which is surrounded by trees and flames Text at the bottom includes the films title production credits and small portrait shots of the cast members

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bombshell

good pace, Charlize was great. Others too
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The trailer looks awesome.  Want to see that one...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Annihilation 

I like SciFi movies.  This was not a good SciFi movie.  
  • Options
    Irishman.  Great flick.  You could tell that old men were playing the parts as there was zero pep in their step and they walked very stiff.

All in all it was a good movie and had to read up on this Frank Sheeran character.
  • Options
    House (1977) Japanese horror movie although it felt more like a comedy movie at times. Very weird.
    Movie poster illustrates the aunts cat Blanche sitting on a pedestal before the aunts house which is surrounded by trees and flames Text at the bottom includes the films title production credits and small portrait shots of the cast members

OMG this looks so bad it will be good!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Irishman.  Great flick.  You could tell that old men were playing the parts as there was zero pep in their step and they walked very stiff.

All in all it was a good movie and had to read up on this Frank Sheeran character.
    Watched 2/3 of it last night.  Laughed at a lot of the old man stuff when they were meant to be young.  (A lot.)
    Also was thrown off by the way the reverse aging thing made everyone look.  (If you didn't know those faces so well it might not have made them appear as wax museum faces, to me.)

I liked the movie itself, so far, and look forward to watching the rest of it. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887

OMG this looks so bad it will be good!

It was kinda bad but in a good way. Cult classic.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,293
    I watched most of True Lies last night......forgot how fun that movie is. Total nonsense but really entertaining.

Watched some of Reality Bites today and got depressed that most of those actors are all in their mid fifties, yet was happy to see Winona is only 48.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Watched 2/3 of it last night.  Laughed at a lot of the old man stuff when they were meant to be young.  (A lot.)
    Also was thrown off by the way the reverse aging thing made everyone look.  (If you didn't know those faces so well it might not have made them appear as wax museum faces, to me.)

Loved seeing Action Bronson make a cameo in this.

You finish this yet?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    The Irishman. I think if I watched it in parts I may have liked it more. Overall, I thought it was underwhelming.
    me too
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, loved it! Brandi!

Hoping to catch the new Star Wars tomorrow afternoon, lol.
    now, I'm no movie expert, but while watching it, i had a strange feeling during the trailer meltdown scene with Leo. It seemed unrehearsed, like he didn't actually know what he was going to say next. I just heard that it was, in fact, completely improved by Leo. he's a fucking great actor. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Loved seeing Action Bronson make a cameo in this.

You finish this yet?
    Yes, and I also loved that scene.  Loved that is was him being a funny bastard, which he is.

The makeup was just as off-putting when they were super old 

I liked the movie.  Strange how they did it, but I liked the story and how it was told.  Obviously watching those guys do their thing (even with the young and old tricks) was fun to get to do again.
  • Options
    Uncut Gems

fuckin crazy
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    The Lighthouse.

Some wild shit, and, man, Dafoe never disappoints. 
  • Options

thought it was amazing
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Captain Marvel
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    It was good. I think this is one to enjoy on the big screen. 
    Kinda reminded me of Saving Private Ryan. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Finally got my PS4 hooked up, been awhile.

Joker. Loved Phoenixs version. 8.5/10

Spiderman : Far from Home   Better than the first 8.5/10

Ready or Not  Very fun movie. Samara Weaving yet another gorgeous Aussie actress that can act. 8/ 10

3 From Hell. Complete garbage. Ruined the other two movies. Zombie  should take a long break. 2/10
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    It was good. I think this is one to enjoy on the big screen. 
    Kinda reminded me of Saving Private Ryan. 

It’s a simple plot, beautifully shot... saw it in Dolby Cinema, didn’t disappoint 

not too many WW1 films... WW2 mostly
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Watched Shazam last night. Laughed a bunch. Very well done.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I Love You, Man. the more paul rudd and jason stegal  in my life, the better. forgetting sarah marshall is gone from netflix again! how am i going to watch it for the 37th time??
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com