Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Waiting for Star Wars, 20 minutes until the previews, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Richard Jewell. 

Walked out after 35 minutes. Last movie I walked out of in the theatre? The Mule.

Clint Eastwood has lost it man. That Richard Jewell movie took 35 minutes to get to them finding the pack sack and seeing the pipe bombs. Unnecessary character development, over acting, typical “slutty” tv reporter (objectification of women), Hamm acting like himself (as always), fat-dimwitted “rent-a-cop” blasé story line, Jerk lawyer who likes Snickers bars (Sam Rockwell who I like but this role was I’ll-advised).

Did I have to site through the “fake” Kenny Rodgers concert and everyone doing the Macarena? Did the whole crowd really do the Macarena in 1996? I’m thinking they didn’t.  Sheesh. 

If you have to see this awful movie wait for Netflix.  I cannot explain all the Oscar-buzz.  There, I vented. No more Eastwood movies for me. 😂
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    I just figured the Richard Jewell movie wasn't going to do well because no one was interested in it being made.  I don't know that but that was my first thought when I heard about it.
  • Options
    I just figured the Richard Jewell movie wasn't going to do well because no one was interested in it being made.  I don't know that but that was my first thought when I heard about it.
    Lots of good movies don’t do well at the box office.  This is a bad movie that won’t do well at the box office. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    The Rise of Skywalker
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Total Recall (the good one)

Based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, who also inspired Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?), Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly ... which makes sense because all these movies explore how reality is defined by one's perception. 
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Little Women- loved it.
    We have 26 more For Your Consideration films for the Academy Awards to watch...
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Jumanji 2 Loved it! Hilarious 👍🏻
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (again)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Joker-quite the disturbing film with a brilliant performance by Joaquin Phoenix.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Jumanji - The Next Level
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Watched The Great Gatsby (2013) for the first time.  It was like eating a macaron, pretty and sweet with barely any substance.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Us
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Watched The Great Gatsby (2013) for the first time.  It was like eating a macaron, pretty and sweet with barely any substance.

That was my thought.  It was pretty, but I don't even recall if I finished watching the ending or if I just forgot about it.  
  • Options
    The Laundromat- no comment
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited December 2019
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It's okay, but not nearly as good as I was hoping it would be, since it's way, way more about an Esquire writer than it is Mr. Rogers. I personally wasn't bored by it, but I think some people might be. I actually found the film very peaceful, which worked for me at the time that I saw it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    One Child Nation (on Amazon)

I typically pooh-pooh the viewer warnings spiel...but oh man, it was a hard watch.  And one particular scene is burned into my and my husband's brains.

Filed under "horrific shit".
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    I didn't finish it.  I thought there were a lot of flaws in how it was made, but the horror of watching the fucking idiots speak in it....I couldn't deal.  For sure a tough watch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Another tough one is Don't Fuck with Cats (Netflix).  We tried to watch it, but a few minutes in we saw two adorable kittens and knew what was to come.

Talk about couldn't deal!  That shit was shut down and FAST.
  • Options
    Logan's Run.  Good grief guys had horrible haircuts in the 70's.  I can't imagine having a haircut like that and looking in the mirror thinking ...

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Logan's Run.  Good grief guys had horrible haircuts in the 70's.  I can't imagine having a haircut like that and looking in the mirror thinking ...

Looks like Ray Romano in a bad disguise :lol:
  • Options
    Booksmart
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    Leap Year (2010)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Leap Year (2010)
    One of my all-time favorite film reviews: https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/movies/08leap.html
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Triple Frontier (2019)
    Munich (2005)
    Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)
    The Lion in Winter (1968)

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Triple Frontier (2019)
    Munich (2005)

Munich is one of the small handful of Spielberg’s films that I feel is actually worth its running time. 

A gripping display of what are basically organized hate crimes. It’s his Birth of a Nation
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Once Upon a Time in America - Good but my least favourite Tarantino flick
    Goalie - not a bad story of pro hockey in the 50s and 60s. 
    American Made - pretty decent for a Tom Cruise flick. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Triple Frontier (2019)
    Munich (2005)

Munich is one of the small handful of Spielberg’s films that I feel is actually worth its running time. 

A gripping display of what are basically organized hate crimes. It’s his Birth of a Nation
    I agree.  No one side comes out unscathed.  They’re all guilty of hate crimes.  Violence begets violence begets violence.  Forty-five years later and the situation is just as complicated and fucked up.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Knives Out 
    Not bad.  Good acting and some funny parts.  

This was my favorite movie review from this year:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/11/09/last-christmas-best-bad-movie/
    The love he receives is the love that is saved