What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    My Girl 😭
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    CROJAM95 said:
    Captain Marvel

i thought it was good
    Me too.  It was good but it was filler...

The soundtrack was fun, just Like the Guardians of the galaxy films

young Sam Jackson was done pretty well

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Captain Marvel

i thought it was good
    Me too.  It was good but it was filler...

The soundtrack was fun, just Like the Guardians of the galaxy films

young Sam Jackson was done pretty well

Did you happen to notice the Music posters behind Carol when she is over by the phone?  311, PJ Harvey etc?!?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Clovehitch Killer

It was ok.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Mortal Engines

I actually enjoyed this movie. Fun popcorn flick.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    The Matrix: Reloaded
    The Matrix: Revolutions

First time I've finished the trilogy. Pretty entertaining and better than I expected.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Battle of the Sexes.  Great movie based on the true story of the tennis match between Billie Jean King and Bobbie Riggs.  And the DVD has extras including the real Billie Jean King telling more about the story of her women's tennis organization, the fight for equal rights for women and the hope for wider tolerance of the gay and lesbian community.  Definitely a fine film, and more entertaining and informative than preachy so don't let the subject matter put you off!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Close
    (Netflix movie)
    Just ok.  I like the lead actress (kickass Lisbeth) and one of the supporting actresses (Ellaria Sand) but it sort of fizzled out at the end 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    Creed II
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    BLACK35 said:
    Creed II
    This looked cheesy as hell.

Verdict?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    Conan the Barbarian
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Last night I fianlly  Bohemian Rhapsody.   I'd been told by a number of people what a great movie this is and so the expectations might have been to great.  As rock band biopics go, this is certainly one of the better one but it did not knock my socks off that way I expected it might after all the big build up.  I thought the music was great and that says a fair amount because I'm not a huge Queen fan.  I like their stuff, just don't love it.  I thought Gwilym Lee was superb as Brian May.  I had no idea until later that Mike Meyers played Ray Foster and he was so un-Mike Meyers like I thought that was great.  Rami Malik did a fine job of playing Freddie Mercury and seeing the YouTube clip about him training for the part was impressive... but somethings just didn't quite work for me.  For one thing, the over-bite bit seemed exaggerated to me.  As for the live performances, watching clips of the real Mercury... well, how do you match that?  Almost impossible.  And malik somehow seemed a bit diminutive to me compared to the real Freddie.  So over-all I'd give it somewhere between 4 1/4 to 4 1/5 stars out of 5.  Well better that a lot of music biopics. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    The Dawn Wall.  Documentary on Netflix about Tommy Caldwell (and Kevin Jorgeson) free climbing that section of El Capitan. The doc was really about Tommy background and his history of climbing & wanting to be the first to climb the DW. There was a short piece on Kevin’s background but if you watch the film, you’ll get the story as to why he was his climbing partner.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    Let Me In (2010)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The Informers (2008)
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899

NEW WAVE: DARE TO BE DIFFERENT 

Rated TV14 • 95 minutes

In August, 1982, a small group of radio visionaries at WLIR Long Island knew they couldn't compete with the mega radio stations in New York City. With one brave decision, they changed the sound of radio forever. Program Director Denis McNamara, the crew at the station and the biggest artists of the era tell the story of how they battled the FCC, the record labels, mega-radio and all the conventional rules to create a musical movement that brought the New Wave to America - including bands like U2, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode and Blondie.

Absolutely loved it.  I don’t recall hearing of this station where I grew up, but I realised watching it that this station was, in part, responsible for disseminating the music I listened to throughout junior and senior high.  Bravo and thank you!  It was a stroll down memory lane watching it. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    The Dawn Wall.  Documentary on Netflix about Tommy Caldwell (and Kevin Jorgeson) free climbing that section of El Capitan. The doc was really about Tommy background and his history of climbing & wanting to be the first to climb the DW. There was a short piece on Kevin’s background but if you watch the film, you’ll get the story as to why he was his climbing partner.
    I enjoyed this. I couldn't believe the experience they went through in Kyrgyzstan. Crazy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    PJ_Soul said:
    I enjoyed this. I couldn't believe the experience they went through in Kyrgyzstan. Crazy!
    Yeah that was pretty nuts! I couldn't even come close to imagining being in that situation.
    Tourist Trap(1979)
    Pet Sematary(1989)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Triple Frontier - blah kinda movie, loved the use of music in it.
    The Battered Bastards of Baseball - really liked this, had no idea of the documentary subject.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bedtime Stories

(Better than I expected)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Walk Hard: Dewey Cox Story

Eddie made an appearance at the end with his 2006 hair! He never should have cut it.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364

Just saw this tonight. I enjoyed it, but no horror/thrillers have really been “hitting the spot” lately. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Just saw "Leave no Trace".  I don't think I've ever seen a movie quite like this.  Heavy, skilled, emotional, hands on, back to nature, real.  I thought it was great.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Bought the Blu-ray. Best film I’ve seen in years.

Next time, I’m sparking up a bowl before the third act. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    edited March 2019

Just saw this tonight. I enjoyed it, but no horror/thrillers have really been “hitting the spot” lately. 
    It didn’t really scare me, but the movie is still awesome.  I can’t wait for the next Jordan Peele movie.
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    US
    Enjoyed it and the fact that it had no jump cuts so no jump out of your seat screaming made it that much better.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    Tag.

I thought it was pretty fun. I love that it was based on a true story.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)