What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:

DesirePJ said:

DesirePJ said:

The Wave

How was it?
    It was really good, somehow natural disaster movies have always struck an interest in me... being from denmark i normally don´t like movies from denmark, sweden, norway and germany , really don´t know why, this is the firs movie i really enjoy watching,
    I just watched The Wave (Norway) the other day too. It was okay, but I thought it was really really short on story content. It is just really straightforward and to the point, without much character development. I prefer to care about the characters in a disaster movie. However, there is no cheeziness to it like Hollywood often inserts into disaster movies, so that was nice. Although, there were some really unrealistic parts as far as the destruction goes, and what were with all those little fires on water-soaked materials?? Those weren't even gas leaks that somehow became lit from nothing .... so how in the fuck could tiny fires be burning every 10 feet only 5 minutes after the wave swept through and completely soaked everything? That bugged me, lol.
    Yeahh thats what im talking about, thats why i don´t like movies from Denmark , sweden, norway and germany . I don´t think they are so good at making movies.. But this one was okay
    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Me before you..was a lovely movie and Sam claflin is hot..sorry
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,512
    The Shallows - Not a deep movie, yet entertaining and short enough you don't get bored.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Evil Dead
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Pet Semetary...ehh

Took way too long for the plot to develop and it put me to sleep.

Book was awesome
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

Pet Semetary...ehh

Book was awesome
    Yup. About a zillion times better than the crappy movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    PJ_Soul said:

Pet Semetary...ehh

Book was awesome
    But ... but ... Tasha Yar...!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Minds Eye.
    Not good.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited October 2016
    Stella.. with victor mature 1954 film
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)

pretty cool horror flick. Based on a true story. One of the first slasher films. Also starring Dawn Wells (Maryanne from Gilligan's Island) :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited October 2016
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Pet Semetary...ehh

Book was awesome
    :lol: I am a HUGE Star Trek: TNG fan, so love that reference! So funny, while I am posting this I just happen to be watching that show. I haven't watched the series in at least a few years now, and just started again yesterday. Better each time. :):glasses:
    (Although I have to admit I was kind of glad Tasha Yar died, lol. But the episode when she did is a major tear jerker! :lol: )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Pet Semetary...ehh

Book was awesome
    :lol: I am a HUGE Star Trek: TNG fan, so love that reference! So funny, whole I am posting this I just happen to be watching that show. I haven't watched the series in at least a few years now, and just started again yesterday. Better each time. :):glasses:
    (Although I have to admit I was kind of glad Tasha Yar died, lol. But the episode when she did is a major gear jerker! :lol: )
    Her character was dumb, but I always liked that she devirginized the "fully functional" Data.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Theory of Everything
    Trick or Treats(1982)
    So bad that it's almost good.

Trick or Treats(1982)

That 1986 movie with the same title just got a new review on Cinema Snob. Hilarious to see Ozzy play a Jerry Falwell esque character against rock and roll.

Trick or Treats(1982)

That 1986 movie with the same title just got a new review on Cinema Snob. Hilarious to see Ozzy play a Jerry Falwell esque character against rock and roll.
    That's Trick or Treat, no "s"haha, yeah, I gotta get around to seeing that one.

Trick or Treats(1982)

Also Skippy from Family Ties as the lead, if I recall.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited October 2016
    Kind of as a brianlux recommendation (or not really - he just mentioned the movie so I watched it):

Time After Time (1979)

Pretty ridiculous, but still entertaining. H.G. Wells builds a time machine, and he is buddies with Jack the Ripper (unknowingly of course). The cops come to H.G. Well's house looking for the Ripper, who escapes capture by jumping in the time machine and taking off to 1979. H.G. Wells follows him in order to save what he expected to be a futuristic utopia from Jack the Ripper (obviously he discovers it's not a utopia... and for some reason they left the 19th Century in London and landed in 1979 in San Francisco... no explanation as to why they changed locations during time travel, lol. Also, they just happen to land smack dab in the middle the H.G. Wells time machine exhibit in the H.G. Wells museum, haha). Dumb but kind of fun. Stars Malcom McDowell and Mary Steenburgen.
    The Evil in Us
    Not a bad movie, a different take on the modern zombie horror film.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    dankind said:

Trick or Treats(1982)

Also Skippy from Family Ties as the lead, if I recall.
    Ha, Skippy. Saw him doing stand up a few years after Family Ties ended. Marketed as "Mark Price, Skippy from Family Ties". He was terrible.
    Anthony Clark opened for him (before he was a well known commodity) and blew him off the stage.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    The Town. Again. Jesus. Halfway through and I'm like "I think I've seen this already.....but I don't remember how it ends". So I finished it. This has happened a few times lately. 42 is a bit early for this to start happening, isn't it?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

The Town. Again. Jesus. Halfway through and I'm like "I think I've seen this already.....but I don't remember how it ends". So I finished it. This has happened a few times lately. 42 is a bit early for this to start happening, isn't it?

I think it has more to do with the movie than with your age. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    edited October 2016

I am right there with you man. It's happening to me too sometimes, and I'm only 40. :confounded: Although now that you say it's happening to you, maybe it is common at our age after all? Maybe it's one of those things that nobody talks about, so we don't realize it's pretty normal! I did mention this kind of thing to my mom, and she seemed to react as though it was to be expected, not like she was worried that I'm losing it too young, lol. It could also be unrelated factors I guess, like more distractions during certain activities, or our minds are elsewhere for a good reason????
    PJ_Soul said:

I am right there with you man. It's happening to me too sometimes, and I'm only 40. :confounded: Although now that you say it's happening to you, maybe it is common at our age after all? Maybe it's one of those things that nobody talks about, so we don't realize it's pretty normal! I did mention this kind of thing to my mom, and she seemed to react as though it was to be expected, not like she was worried that I'm losing it too young, lol. It could also be unrelated factors I guess, like more distractions during certain activities, or our minds are elsewhere for a good reason????
    I always made fun of my parents for them watching movies more than once, OFTEN. My dad is now getting a good laugh out of this.

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

I always made fun of my parents for them watching movies more than once, OFTEN. My dad is now getting a good laugh out of this.
    :lol:
    edited October 2016
    Or maybe this will catch on.

:lol: I don't think I want to know what that looks like when they're eating. :sick:
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol: I don't think I want to know what that looks like when they're eating. :sick:

Just when I thought man buns were the lowest of the low. :fearful:
    PJ_Soul said:

my wife would no longer have to jack-o-lantern-smile at me in a crowded public place while asking me if she has anything in her teeth. because THAT would be embarassing.

www.headstonesband.com

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Just saw 'Hell or High Water' - really, really good.