LAMEST car you've ever owned?

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Mine was a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 4-door, with a 225 cubic inch six. But, like love, I'll always have a place in my heart for my first :p.
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    A 1974 or 75 Light Blue Ford Pinto with a drivers seat that was held up with a milk crate.

Still it was a chick magnet and gave 3 years of honorable service. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 1991 hondai excel.

or as i like to call it, the hondai POS special

yes it was my first car so i loved it. bought it from my boss for like 1000 bucks. it was 6 years old but only had 13000 miles. but the car lasted about 6 months before major problems. if i went over 67 mph a tire would blow out. AC? why would i want to continue to have AC in a town that gets 99 degrees with 97% humidity. crappy gas mileage. had to put that stuff that makes the exhaust not smoke. all around crappy. but i did have a special place.

i wrecked it. well, it actually wasnt my fault. a 17 year old ran a red light and took a left turn right in front of me while i was going 65 mph. he was driving a late 80s car that was pure metal. my car went under it a little then bounced out and spun around, finally landing on the side of the road in a ditch. my car engine rolled in on itself like a burrito. his car had a 1 inch red scratch. his insurance gave me 2600 dollars. which was just above blue book. i didnt go for more, because i wasnt hurt and i dont want to sue to just sue.

as a side note, prolly the main reason i didnt get hurt was this. i was in the process of moving. it was the very last of my stuff. mostly bedding and towels and pillows. i had a lot of pillows so i tied like 8 of them together with a belt and tossed them in the front seat. as i was braking, i instinctivly grabbed the pillows and put them in front of me and went headfirst into them.

by lame car, did i mention no airbags?
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    1978 Holden Sunbird with an Opal engine. :rolleyes:

Man that car was a shitfighter! :D

Sturdy though, which is just as well because the reverse was right up near first and I had a bad habit of trying to reverse and running it into walls and stuff! :o

Of course having the engine blow up TWICE didn't endear it to me so much!

Had a great radio and speakers! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    1989 VW Fox, which IMO was not all that lame of a car, especially with it being a stick. Nifty little VW from a period when VW's had some style -even the cheap-o ones. Most classy interior I've ever seen in an econo-car.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    1979 ford 150 pickup

it was a reject from my dad's construction company.....inasmuch as it was bare bones no thrills ride.....had a lot of fun though :)
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    A 2003 PT Cruiser. Mechanically, the car was a piece of crap. Something major was always going wrong with the car.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    1998 dodge neon, at that age i didnt know all American cars are complete shit (as evidenced by the gimmicks put in american cars, IE sync, ice box in the new dodge, panoramic sun roof) its hilarious how american car makers are like look at the shiny trinket/novelty, pay no attention to that scheduled maintenance bill every 3000 miles.

god i love honda, first scheduled maintenance 100,000 miles.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    1978 Canary Yellow Chevrolet Chevette

I drove it all through high school and college. Paid for the entire thing and all maintenance, insurance, and gas myself.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    1998 dodge neon, at that age i didnt know all American cars are complete shit (as evidenced by the gimmicks put in american cars, IE sync, ice box in the new dodge, panoramic sun roof) its hilarious how american car makers are like look at the shiny trinket/novelty, pay no attention to that scheduled maintenance bill every 3000 miles.

1993 Dodge Colt. The precursor to the Neon, and equally as shitty.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    1987 nissan sentra. the exhaust smelled like sulfur and the body was so thin, I think I could have punched a hole in it.

I got in an accident and broke the plastic pieces that hold the front grill in place. I crazy glued it back on and sold it.

It had like 3,500 miles on it.

Bought a Honda.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    It would have to be my first car, which was a 1989 Toyota Corolla hatchback. The car was small and ugly as fuck, but it got me to where I needed to go. It got pretty good gas mileage, which was great for a consistently broke high school student. Plus, I got the car for practically nothing as it used to be my neighbor's son's car. When he moved away and bought a better car, he just left it there and my neighbor got tired of having it sit in her driveway, so she sold really cheaply so she could get it away.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    My first and lamest 1983 Pontiac Sunbird. Blew the head gasket at 90,000.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    76 Datsan B-210...That thing ran like a champ, but was as lame as they come....:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I absolutely REFUSE to ever mention that car to anyone. Sorry! ;)
    Just me
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    VW Polo 1988 ! My first car ! STill love it and miss it!
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    An early 80s maroon Chevy walley-wagon with faux wood paneling. Used to power brake it in High School. Not so good for 4 wheeling.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    Rygar wrote:
    1993 Dodge Colt. The precursor to the Neon, and equally as shitty.
    i had a dodge/plymouth champ.....i think it was an 86'......i loved that car.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Hyundai Accent forget the year
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    g under p wrote:
    A 1974 or 75 Light Blue Ford Pinto with a drivers seat that was held up with a milk crate.

Still it was a chick magnet and gave 3 years of honorable service. :)

Peace
    Went the 1974 "Baby Blue" Ford Pinto route myself. :cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    I wouldn't say any of my cars have been lame, otherwise I wouldnt've got them. My first car was given to me by my grandparents, it was a 1984 Datsun/Nissan Cherry, cool little car...a 2 door maroon hatchback 1.3L engine. It was about 12 years old when I got it and only had 35k on the clock. Then I got a red 1.8L Vauxhall Cavalier, 5 years old, which I ran near enough into the ground. That turned out to be a bit of a shed in the end. Then I got a Saab 9000...black 2.3L turbo...really nice car, heated leather seats, but drank the petrol and cost a fortune to maintain. Now I'm driving a black 2003 Peugeot 307 1.6i. Not bad but I don't think I'd get another Peugeot in a hurry.
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

Changing your oil is scheduled maintenance............I don't know how one would go 100,000 miles without changing their oil and not do serious damage to the engine......

and as far as american cars being shit.........I had a 1988 chevy s10 balzer with over 250,000 miles on it nothing major went wrong with it that wasn't just from normal wear and tear..........then i had a 1993 chevy cavalier that had nearly 200,000 miles on it.......both great vehicles.......both continued to run until I took them to the junk yard.......
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    A 1987 Mazda 323 station wagon:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/random/2a1c052a.jpg

God, I loved that car. So many roadtrips in it. But it didn't survive the last one to New Orleans and caught fire on the way home. It sadly was never the same after that.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Jeanie wrote:
    1978 Holden Sunbird with an Opal engine.

Had a great radio and speakers! :D
    I've heard of Opel, but never a Holden :p My Valiant had a portable cassete deck, powered off the cigarette lighter! Really.
    know1 wrote:

I drove it all through high school and college. Paid for the entire thing and all maintenance, insurance, and gas myself.
    If I'm not mistaken, the back seat was an option in the early Chevettes :D.
    76 Datsan B-210...That thing ran like a champ, but was as lame as they come....:)
    The Chris McCandless car!

Other notable shitty cars I've owned - a '63 Bug which I ran out of oil and cooked. I thought the light was just malfunctioning. A '67 VW Bus which basically fell apart from rust. The worst car for 11,000 feet in Colorado, which is where I was living at the time. A 1971 Dodge Power Wagon which I unloaded on a dude who looked straight out of Deliverance :eek:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    1990 Chevey Lumina.It ran alright,had a shit load of room in the back seat and in the trunk.Had alot of issues tho.And my dad kindly told me after I bought it that I would probably have to replace the alernator several times,and he was right.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    A shit brown 1977 Plymouth Volare. Complete with hole rusted through the side of the trunk and stuffed with rags. :cool: But the fucker was mine. I paid $400 of my own money when I was 17 and enjoyed it for six months until I totalled it. :(
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    An early 1990s Geo Metro I called the Blue Dragon. What a POS.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    1981 VW Diesel rabbit....loved that car. 50 miles per gallon, at the time about $15 to fill up and would last two solid weeks. Miss that damn car..
  • know1 wrote:

all by your wittle old self? aww...that's so special.
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

"love"?...with tailpipe or gearshift?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    '93 Hyundai Elantra

Paint coming off it and the A/C was useless !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers