Options

Am i the only one who is thinking about bagging Bonaroo because of Metallica?

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I cant stand metallica nor their fans.....discuss
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i cant wait to see metallica live.....and hang out with their fans....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i dont care about seeing metallica live, and hanging out with their fans.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    they don't have the crazy metalhead fanbase they had in the 80's dude, they sold out in 96 and since have appealed to high school/middle school kids, as long as they play anything pre re-load I'll be cool
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187

I actually considered it but im not gonna let them ruin it for me..
    Its gonna come down to money instead of Metallica , sadly.
  • Options
    fuck that, i cant wait to see them. but like somebody said earlier, anything post black is irrelevant to me.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    so you are not gonna go to bonaroo because metallica fans are gonna be there?
    you people are soft. soft as shit. i've been to a festival where metallica headlined 4 years ago. have you? i'm not a huge metallica fan, i went to see other bands, but i stuck around for their show and it was ok. they played lots of their earlier tunes. their fans were cool. sure there were some fucking tossers there, but don't kid yourself folks, not all pearl jam fans are angels either. people here have complained about us (pearl jam fans) at lolla and how feral some people acted.

get a grip.

or stay home.

jesus.
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    you people are soft. soft as shit. i've been to a festival where metallica headlined 4 years ago. have you? i'm not a huge metallica fan, i went to see other bands, but i stuck around for their show and it was ok. they played lots of their earlier tunes. their fans were cool. sure there were some fucking tossers there, but don't kid yourself folks, not all pearl jam fans are angels either. people here have complained about us (pearl jam fans) at lolla and how feral some people acted.

get a grip.

or stay home.

jesus.
    RIGHT ON!!!!!

ive met PLENTY of pathetic pearl jam fans.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    metallica is the only reason im thinking of going...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Metallica puts on one hell of a show!!! I'd be all over this festival if it was closer to the Pacific Northwest.
  • Options
    Man if you bagged every festival because of one shitty band, there wouldn't be a lot of options for you.
  • Options
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']metallica is the only reason im thinking of going...

Your sig is making me think you are speaking with sarcasm sir....
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    metallisuck being a headliner is definitely disappointing but it won't stop me from going to the festival...
  • Options
    trust me you will be quite suprised,they put on a hell of a show. I wasn't the biggiest fan of there's but was blown away by there live act.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213

wow. narrow.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Just skip their set then! I've seen them three times and they put on a good show.

I don't think their fans are anymore annoying than we are. DMB fans...now that's another story.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Just skip their set then! I've seen them three times and they put on a good show.

I don't think their fans are anymore annoying than we are. DMB fans...now that's another story.

whats up with DMB fans?
  • Options
    I would love to see them,
    Metallica was a great band. Everything after Black sucks IMO.
    If they play the first few albums, I think they will rock.
    I worked out today to "And Justice for all". One kicks ass baby.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    don't care for metallica, and not a fan of hip hop...but am I looking forward to seeing them play at roo? hell yeah...

there is so much more to do if you want...hell, go see a movie if you want

or you could hope the late night acts start early, a la the flaming lips last year
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    If I was going I'd definitely want to see Metallica - they are an important band! If you're worried about the fans, just stay back a bit - the hardcore will be upfront no doubt. I can't imagine a band that would make me stay away from a festival, unless it was headlined by Insane Clown Posse or something.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I considered it for a split moment, but not for long. I've wanted to see PJ play the farm for so long there's no way I'm letting Metallica or their fans being there ruin it for me. Besides, how many hard core Metallica fans are going to pay over $200 to see them at a hippie festival?
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    don't care for metallica, and not a fan of hip hop...but am I looking forward to seeing them play at roo? hell yeah...

there is so much more to do if you want...hell, go see a movie if you want

or you could hope the late night acts start early, a la the flaming lips last year

That was because the Police played such a short set. I don't think any late night shows will start until the headliner is done.
  • Options
    I was just spitballing the idea of not going, jeez......for those who know me you know im going regardless. Just wanted to see some input as to who really cares about metalicca. Oh I will be at the roo no doubt, I was just dissapointed to see metalicca in the lineup thats all.

sbb

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    whats up with DMB fans?

Their "snobbiness" at Bridge 06' was of epic annoyance. They act like DMB is the end all be all of music. Especially live shows.

I found their performance pedestrian at best. It's just not my cup of tea I guess.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    metallica is a great live band dude. give them a chance. sure they may be pricks but they kick ass live. . .well really just lars is a prick. . .and maybe james
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I was just spitballing the idea of not going, jeez......for those who know me you know im going regardless. Just wanted to see some input as to who really cares about metalicca. Oh I will be at the roo no doubt, I was just dissapointed to see metalicca in the lineup thats all.

sbb

pussy, dont backtrack

long live Napster!
  • Options
    Their "snobbiness" at Bridge 06' was of epic annoyance. They act like DMB is the end all be all of music. Especially live shows.

I found their performance pedestrian at best. It's just not my cup of tea I guess.

I saw DMB live in '05...i wasn't a huge Dave fan, but we got a big group of people to go and had a great time. Dave puts on a good show, and his music is OK, but i hear you on the Dave fans...especially in college, every vapid dumbshit sorority whore who thought she knew anything about music went on and on about how great Dave Matthews is...beyond "Crash Into Me" most self proclaimed Dave fans couldn't name about 3 more DMB songs.
  • Options
    metallica is a great live band dude. give them a chance. sure they may be pricks but they kick ass live. . .well really just lars is a prick. . .and maybe james

metalica has some great music , dont get me wrong but James Hatfield is a douche...any takers on that? discuss

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I would love to go. I have seen Metallica twice and the crowd was night and day different each time. First time was Master of Puppets opening for Ozzy. Back in the day...
    Then I took my 12-13 year old son to see St. Anger and sat through a very loud fucking show. Wasnt too bad really.

I just wanna see PJ again but cant make a special 4 day trip to Tennesee that week. I really woul dgo if I wasnt planning on my daughter being in a week long basketball camp and me coaching baseball. For all that can go, it looks like a great line-up.

Looks like the biggest festival with the most diversity for your $$$. Chillin with Jack Johson, listening to Willie, throwing down with Metallica (or looking for for food) gettin the message from Kanye. Shit yeah I can enjoy all that and cap it all off with an amazing show from PEARL JAM!

Hmm, wonder if we can do a different basketball camp... nah, not gonna happen.

Enjoy
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    metalica has some great music , dont get me wrong but James Hatfield is a douche...any takers on that? discuss
    Lars is a bigger douche ;)

I actually have a bit of respect for Mr Hetfield as a musician. He is easily one of the greatest riff writers of the 80's. Easily. I also admire him for the way he fought back and turned his life around after he hit rock bottom. That shows character and fight. You only need to look at history to see how many other musicians were trashed up and at the bottom of the pit like Hetfield was, and they didn't live to tell the tale.

There's no arguing that metallica, back in the glory days, were pretty damn good.
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:

get a grip.

or stay home.

jesus.

I'm pretty much gonna have second that. At the same time, I kinda hear what the dude's saying.... By simply thinking about people whom I know, which ones love Metallica, versus which ones especially dislike Metallica, I would have to say that, from *MY* perspective alone, having Metallica there probably WILL in fact taint the crowd somewhat. i'm splitting hairs, and borderline talking shit here, however, wouldn't you say if Kid Rock was also a headliner, or Nickelback, or otherwse, that you would simply see more knuckleheads? I'm generalizing horribly here, I know. Luckily there are at least SOME intelligent Metallica fans, and at least everyone there won't be there because of Metallica, so yeah, I'm still going.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal