Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    :eek:
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    even flow? wrote:
    :eek:
    http://www.AnotherLongSeason.ca

With files from the Associated Press - AP

October 10, 2008

Another Long Season....for Detroit?
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    haha, for a team that is supposed to challenge for worst in the conference you tools didn't look too bad last night
    It was an exciting game, when Detroit made it 3-2 i was like here we go again, then when Mayers shot the puck over the glass i thought for sure Detroit was going to tie the game, thankfully they didn't and they walked outta the Joe with 2 points :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • That had to be the most enjoyable leaf game I have watched in years.
    kenshunt wrote:
    It was an exciting game, when Detroit made it 3-2 i was like here we go again, then when Mayers shot the puck over the glass i thought for sure Detroit was going to tie the game, thankfully they didn't and they walked outta the Joe with 2 points :)
    It was opposite night in Toronto, haha!
    Montreal looked the opposite of their play against Buffalo, and you looked opposite of your game against Detroit.
    I would like to personally thank the Leaf's Organization for helping my Habs look like the friggin All Stars.
  • ya we looked like absolute crap tonight, nothing like thursday night. I can't really think of a positive from tonight except maybe cujo looked better than he did in pre-season, luke schenn sticking up for stajan on that hit from behind (even though he did have a bad game tonight), and cola coming back when it looked he was going down for the year again.

besides how bad we looked, montreal looked amazing, Now I hate the habs but i have to give props when they are deserved... your PP is amazing, such great passing out there and although it will kill me, i can see you guys having a good chance this year.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
    leafs4ever wrote:
    ya we looked like absolute crap tonight, nothing like thursday night. I can't really think of a positive from tonight except maybe cujo looked better than he did in pre-season, luke schenn sticking up for stajan on that hit from behind (even though he did have a bad game tonight), and cola coming back when it looked he was going down for the year again.

besides how bad we looked, montreal looked amazing, Now I hate the habs but i have to give props when they are deserved... your PP is amazing, such great passing out there and although it will kill me, i can see you guys having a good chance this year.
    Yeah the Habs looked pretty good. Poor Coliacavo...he's an injury waiting to happen.
    Lots and lots of shots on board for both sides. Don't expect Jamal to be so eager to fight someone next time ;)
  • Rygar wrote:
    Yeah the Habs looked pretty good. Poor Coliacavo...he's an injury waiting to happen.
    Lots and lots of shots on board for both sides. Don't expect Jamal to be so eager to fight someone next time ;)

yup we need to trade him before he goes down for real.
    Hollweg will be back for monday which will bring some more grit to the team (yes i know he can't win a fight lol). I'd actually really like to see Frogren dropping the gloves for us. He used to fight in the swedish league, and from what i've heard he was a pretty good fighter
    leafs4ever wrote:
    yup we need to trade him before he goes down for real.
    Hollweg will be back for monday which will bring some more grit to the team (yes i know he can't win a fight lol). I'd actually really like to see Frogren dropping the gloves for us. He used to fight in the swedish league, and from what i've heard he was a pretty good fighter
    Couple new names on the Leafs this year. Terrible game for Grabs.
    I see Don Cherry is still a blowhard.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Couple new names on the Leafs this year. Terrible game for Grabs.
    I see Don Cherry is still a blowhard.

hahaha, don will be don. I do agree with his drafting ohl players though.

Grabs was selfish tonight, i think he wanted revenge on the habs and it back fired on him. He'll be a good one though i think, i like his play and his heart. I'm glad the habs gave up on him :)
    leafs4ever wrote:

Grabs was selfish tonight, i think he wanted revenge on the habs and it back fired on him. He'll be a good one though i think, i like his play and his heart. I'm glad the habs gave up on him :)
    The rumor mill on that is that he's a very poor locker room presence (at least in Montreal). Beyond that he needed to be dealt if he ever wanted to see any relevant ice time in the big leagues, cause we have our lines set and a very good pool of players in the system.
    leafs4ever wrote:
    And the kicking people when they're down.

But he hates Montreal, French people, and Europeans, and he should really shut up sometimes. Like his complaining about how Montreal shouldn't have put their #1 power play line out at the end of the game to run up the score.
    1) It's the NHL, fuck off.
    2) Tom Kostopolous and Guilliame Latendresse are NOT on the #1 PP, do your homework ;)
    Bump for Kenny :)
    Yeah fucking Hollweg needs to pack up and go back to NYR, he doesn't understand hitting from behind is wrong, i thought after Simon smacked him over the head with his stick would have straightned him out.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yeah fucking Hollweg needs to pack up and go back to NYR, he doesn't understand hitting from behind is wrong, i thought after Simon smacked him over the head with his stick would have straightned him out.
    Hollweg is a complete waste of roster space, always has been.
    Rygar wrote:
    Hollweg is a complete waste of roster space, always has been.
    I'm not saying he cost the game but the Leafs wre up 3-1, then he runs pietrangelo from behind gets 5 and a game, on that powerplay the blues scored 2 powerplay goals, i agree he's a waste
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I'm not saying he cost the game but the Leafs wre up 3-1, then he runs pietrangelo from behind gets 5 and a game, on that powerplay the blues scored 2 powerplay goals, i agree he's a waste
    He is pretty useless overall, I remember him giving Kovalev the elbow last year and Kovy just turned around and gave him one of his own. Pretty funny.
    I don't think Wilson will put up with him much longer, so he'd better up his play and not do anything stupid (if that's possible) whenever his new suspension is over.
  • Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    Remember to vote today fellow Canadians....thought this would be a good place for a reminder.
    Peace,
    Two Birds wrote:
    Remember to vote today fellow Canadians....thought this would be a good place for a reminder.
    Actually a good place for a reminder would be to make a new thread.
    Rygar wrote:
    Actually a good place for a reminder would be to make a new thread.

I am aware of that however there was another thread and it's been removed not sure why? All Encompassing has it up and "running" again. Cheers
    Peace,
    Two Birds wrote:
    I am aware of that however there was another thread and it's been removed not sure why? All Encompassing has it up and "running" again. Cheers
    Oh, I missed that. Maybe it was just moved to the moving train?
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh, I missed that. Maybe it was just moved to the moving train?
    yes it's on the train.....
    Peace,
    In keeping with the tradition of Laugh fans everywhere, I will say that they will beat NYR on Friday as that is how the flow goes with the team.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    even flow? wrote:
    In keeping with the tradition of Laugh fans everywhere, I will say that they will beat NYR on Friday as that is how the flow goes with the team.

touche.

hey they had a special story posted on espn or tsn about sundin
    when i returned it was gone,...
    has he returned yet ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • i'd say hollweg definitely cost us the game on monday.
    We out played the blues and deserved that win if not for that idiot.
    Anyways i'm very happy with the way most of the guys played even he we lose every game but play hard like wd did i.ll be happy.
    leafs4ever wrote:
    i'd say hollweg definitely cost us the game on monday.
    We out played the blues and deserved that win if not for that idiot.
    Anyways i'm very happy with the way most of the guys played even he we lose every game but play hard like wd did i.ll be happy.
    Yeah 1 stinker game outta 3 isn't bad, i see the effort, they skate hard, i can't beleaf they benched Stajan for Hollweg and look what happened lol, i think id like Hollweg if he would just hit legal or slow done if he see's a player turn instead of driving him from behind.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    I hate shootouts lol, but what an intense game that was to watch
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    touche.

hey they had a special story posted on espn or tsn about sundin
    when i returned it was gone,...
    has he returned yet ?
    sundins prolly gonna pull what every other player like Selanne and Niedermayer have been doing the past few yrs. Come back towards the end of the season, make a fat paycheck and whatever happens, happens. Its becoming sad really

and sad also to see Hollweg becoming that kind of player. Kinda losing respect for the guy these days
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    So they can't make a contender out of the team already in Toronto. Solution, get more teams!
    WTF.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Rygar wrote:
    So they can't make a contender out of the team already in Toronto. Solution, get more teams!
    WTF.
    did I just hear correctly on espn?
    that theyre thinking about adding a SECOND team in Toronto??

uh....WHAT??

I was born in toronto and I dont even think they need a 2nd team

hey nhl...idiots! PUT a team back in Winnipeg and Quebec you fucking MORONS!

gawd, why cant they get shit right in this league?? :mad:
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...