Options

The Master Cleanse

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay, so I've been reeling this idea through my head for about the last 2-3 months. So on the Friday after Thanksgiving I am going forward with this. I figure to ease in with soups and juices on that Friday and be into the cleanse on that Sunday which I will stay on for 14 days. This is kind of a big deal to me as it isn't something I'm doing for diet purposes, but to kind of ween off all the alcohol and other "things" that have gone into my system over the years. And I know it's not the end-all be-all of detox, but I see it as a huge way to instill some discipline back into my life along with a sense of accomplishment. If anyone has done the cleanse could you PM me as I could use the support and information? Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Okay, so I've been reeling this idea through my head for about the last 2-3 months. So on the Friday after Thanksgiving I am going forward with this. I figure to ease in with soups and juices on that Friday and be into the cleanse on that Sunday which I will stay on for 14 days. This is kind of a big deal to me as it isn't something I'm doing for diet purposes, but to kind of ween off all the alcohol and other "things" that have gone into my system over the years. And I know it's not the end-all be-all of detox, but I see it as a huge way to instill some discipline back into my life along with a sense of accomplishment. If anyone has done the cleanse could you PM me as I could use the support and information? Thanks.

Man I'm with you 100% bro...I'll kick your ass back in line if you stray..do it!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    what is that...is that the one with the lemon juice, cayenne, etc?
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Man I'm with you 100% bro...I'll kick your ass back in line if you stray..do it!

Thanks, man. I know it's definitely going to be a challenge. I'd just like to hear from those who have done it so I feel safer about my body. I'm going to see a doctor on Friday to get checked out first, and I'm also going to talk to my aunt about it.
  • Options
    what is that...is that the one with the lemon juice, cayenne, etc?

Yep.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Is that the infomercial where Klee Irwin keeps talking about bowels and stool and looking in the toilet? It's so gross. LOL
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Is that the infomercial where Klee Irwin keeps talking about bowels and stool and looking in the toilet? It's so gross. LOL

Haven't seen the infomercial, but I'm sure that had something to do with pills they're pushing that make you blast away on the toilet.

And who the Hell is Klee Irwin?
  • Options
    Haven't seen the infomercial, but I'm sure that had something to do with pills they're pushing that make you blast away on the toilet.

And who the Hell is Klee Irwin?

I like to call him Mr. Disgustington.

• Options

Oooooooh, thaaaat guy. Yeah, no, I'm not looking for a colonic. This is more of a fast and detox. If this helps - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_cleanse

Again, hoping to hear from anyone who has gone through with it...
  • Options
    Sounds intense dude

Good Luck
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    I've done the Master Cleanse. Used to do it 2 or 3 times a year just to detox. I absolutely loved it. If you can get through the first 2-3 days, you're golden. I could never go longer than 7 days.

Couple things-
    The warm salt water thing in the morning, don't leave the house for at least 1/2 hour afterwards. TRUST ME.
    Get the Senna tea, it really does work.
    I would sometimes need a solid protein (like a lean turkey burger) at night otherwise I really would feel woozy.
    You'll be exhausted. As your body detoxes, it's rough.

But the end result is beautiful. I stopped doing it because I had surgery that precludes me from it & I have to be really careful about my protein intake these days... but the Master Cleanse is awesome.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    I've done the Master Cleanse. Used to do it 2 or 3 times a year just to detox. I absolutely loved it. If you can get through the first 2-3 days, you're golden. I could never go longer than 7 days.

Couple things-
    The warm salt water thing in the morning, don't leave the house for at least 1/2 hour afterwards. TRUST ME.
    Get the Senna tea, it really does work.
    I would sometimes need a solid protein (like a lean turkey burger) at night otherwise I really would feel woozy.
    You'll be exhausted. As your body detoxes, it's rough.

But the end result is beautiful. I stopped doing it because I had surgery that precludes me from it & I have to be really careful about my protein intake these days... but the Master Cleanse is awesome.

Thanks! PM sent.
  • Options
    You can still smoke cigs on this thing, right?? :D
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    You can still smoke cigs on this thing, right?? :D
    My roommate (who is insane, by the way) did the 21 detox and she was totally diligent about it...she insisted that it cleans out all the impurities and toxins in the body...but she still smoked her weed every night. I don't get it...doesn't make much since to me...why "detox" if you're still smoking??

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-21-pounds-in-21-days-the-marthas-vineyard-diet-detox

• Options
    My roommate (who is insane, by the way) did the 21 detox and she was totally diligent about it...she insisted that it cleans out all the impurities and toxins in the body...but she still smoked her weed every night. I don't get it...doesn't make much since to me...why "detox" if you're still smoking??

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-21-pounds-in-21-days-the-marthas-vineyard-diet-detox

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. I plan to stay regimented. All the beer, booze, pot, and blow that has gone through my system all these years will be nice to get away from and go cold turkey for a couple weeks. Now granted, don't think of me as any kind of addict. It's pretty much the drinking that's been a binging thing every weekend with regular drinking during the week. It'd be a nice feeling to know none of that junk is going through me for 14-17 days. But we will see. I can't promise I'll never drink or smoke again, but I see it as a way of balancing things somehow. But, again, we'll see.
  • Options

I don't get it either... I'm just thinking that if I decided to do this, I'd be getting really fucking hungry by about Day 2. And if I could fire up a heater or 8 a day, I'd be able to manage. ;)

Plus, I could probably stand to peel off about 20... everything I eat these days goes straight to my hips. :D
  • Options
    Good luck. Be careful...don't burn your sphincter off.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Good luck. Be careful...don't burn your sphincter off.

I'll try not to.
  • Options
    I'll try not to.

Jus joking around.

I'm skeptical of the Detox fad. I think if you eat clean food, and exercise, you're good.

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/06/detox_diets_don.html

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I had a friend who wanted to do it so jokingly I said I would do it with her.
    Well, she thought i was serious...so I did it with her.
    I made it 3 days and couldn't take it anymore.

It's rough!

The morning salt water drink/enema is ugly! I did get to the point where I began to really like/want the lemon drink. It was starting to taste really good.

I did notice my senses seemed to become really sensitive...especially my sense of smell.

I fell off the wagon when some people from work ordered pizza for lunch on the 4th day.
    I was DONE!
    They say if you can get past day 4-5 or so you are home free, but I couldn't make it. My friend did it for 10 days and said she loved it. I admit, she looked like hell and was ultra moody though.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    can someone define exactly what this routine is here? salt water, lemon, cayenne? i don't get it. what's the schedule?
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Jus joking around.

I'm skeptical of the Detox fad. I think if you eat clean food, and exercise, you're good.

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/06/detox_diets_don.html

No, I know ya were....I hear ya...Believe me, I know this can be categorized as a fad. But like I said, I think this is more of a sense of discipline than anything else. Once again, I will try and keep the sphincter attached. ;)
  • Options
    I dont understand why people do this? I would hate that.
    When I need to drop a few, I Follow this diet. (not really a diet)

Monday through friday I eat...
    Breakfast: A smoothie that has in it
    1 banana,
    5 Strawberries,
    handfull of Blueberries
    and 1 orange with a 1/2 cup of water and 5 ices cubes.

Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken. And more fruit.
    If I need something sweet I eat a few pieces of dark chocolate (low sugar count)

Dinner: I eat anything normal that is NOT pizza or burger etc.. Just normal meals.

Saturdays and Sundays I eat whatever I want within reason.

I also workout monday through friday, with off weekends.

it works REALY REALLY WELL.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I never really understood this diet either. Apparently it has worked for alot of people but i can't go a whole day without something to eat. I will literally pass the fuck out. I can just see this being one of those diets that could be bad for people with weird conditions (underlying or not) So just be super careful and im glad to hear you are going to speak to a doctor about it :)

(salt water?! *gags* *dehydrates*)
  • Options
    can someone define exactly what this routine is here? salt water, lemon, cayenne? i don't get it. what's the schedule?
    Basically it's like this...(you can get the schedule if you google search it)

Drink senna tea before bed
    Wake up and drink salt water enema
    Drink lemon drink throughout the day (fresh lemon juice, cayanne, maple syrup, water)

Repeat

The regime differs depending on who you get it from, but that's basically it.

I'm a very healthy person and the only reason I tried it was because my friend was doing it and I wanted to see if I had the will-power. I didn't! LOL!

Most people I know that have done it successfully did it not because they wanted to lose weight but to "detox". I'm still not sold on that theory, but some of them swear by it so I dunno.

Just be careful with it people. If you have health conditions, do not do it unless you speak with your doc...who will tell you NOT to do it but he'll tell you why you shouldn't, then it's up to you.
  • Options
    Some people claim they void stuff like this on the various cleanses
    http://www.drnatura.com/colon_cleanse_pictures/colon_cleanse_lg100.jpg

:eek:

Some have concluded it's the congealed psyllium husks (or something similar) of what people take during the cleanse itself.

Some people also claim passing green kidney stones, which is just congealed olive oil from the cleanse ingredients.

I think what also prompted the cleanse phenomena was a story about a guy passing crayon from when he ate when he was a kid, or something.

I'm pretty much undecided, but leaning a bit towards the snake oil factor.

i.e. http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2004/12/mucoid-plaque-dubious-idea.html

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    girlfriend just did it....advice from her, don't put the pepper in your drink until you are about to drink it, as it gets very hot the longer it stays in the drink.
  • Options
    girlfriend just did it....advice from her, don't put the pepper in your drink until you are about to drink it, as it gets very hot the longer it stays in the drink.

Yeah, I read about this and figured this would be the best bet.
  • Options

Some have concluded it's the congealed psyllium husks (or something similar) of what people take during the cleanse itself.

Some people also claim passing green kidney stones, which is just congealed olive oil from the cleanse ingredients.

I think what also prompted the cleanse phenomena was a story about a guy passing crayon from when he ate when he was a kid, or something.

:eek:!!!! Dear god!

Good thing I stopped after day 3! LOL!
  • Options

Well, now, you're just getting ridiculous...I''ll keep you people updated once things get rolling.....On a totally unrelated note: two words; Tucker Max.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I do this twice a year - once for 10-12 days the other is just a short week.

I do 250 mls of olive oil and 250mls of lemon juice. 30ml shot of freshly squeezed lemon followed by 30 ml olive oil. Wait 15 or so minutes and do it all again till finished (so takes about 2 hrs).

If you can do it quicker than this then give it a shot but be cautious as the build up of oil in your gut can have weird effects. aka I spewed SO hard a couple of years ago.

Plenty of salad, fruit, brown rice, water, milk thistle, lecithin, seeds, red kidney beans etc

NO grog, dairy, meat, coffee, bread etc. Can have (over 12 days) 2 small 100g portions of chicken or fish (these were better than sex!).

Tough gig and the amount of little black pellets that came out my backside the days after the oil was fuckin fascinating. And yes I had my head in the bowl looking at them (at least 50)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.