Alcohol you overdid....

Comments

• smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    a terrible night of way too much vodka has completely ruined any vodka for me. It was two years before orange juice was even a remote possibility. Good thing I didn't really like OJ to begin with.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I got really drunk on Busch Light & Boonesfarm (I feel so awesome for typing that) and we went to a rock bar in Cincinnati called Annie's. Man that place ruled. Anyway, a 90's rock cover band was playing, and I was hammered. They were playing all these 90's staples, and I just kept yelling for them to "Play some Dokken! Play some Dokken!!!" over & over. I am not making this up.

Ten years on, the details are a bit fuzzy, but I remember yelling "Play Dokken!" after they played The Toadies' "Sweet Angel" (dude's voice was perfect for that song, nailed it).

Apparently I really was aggravating them and they finally played a Dokken song! They played "It's Not Love," and it ruled. I thrashed and sang the whole way through.

Thrilled, I drunkenly thanked the singer "That was awesome! You played Dokken!" after they were done. And then I apparently walked up to some long-haired dude (he had long hair, so "of course" he liked Dokken) and was telling him how awesome it was that they played Dokken. Also, apparently, he agreed that it was awesome.

Went home, got sick, threw up all over my bathroom. Woke up with a huge headache.

This story comes up every time my buddies & I get together or go see a band (ie, "Hey Fanch, are you going to tell the band to play some Dokken?"). They even tried to get me to do this at my own wedding reception a few months ago. I wasn't drunk so I didn't do it. :D

Anyway, I over did it. I'll still drink Busch Light or Boonesfarm though.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • If I have drunk it, I have overdone it at one point or another, so I would be one sober SOB if I could never touch those drinks again. They don't call me Ledbelly for nothing!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Grappa.

Im fairly sure theres nothing worse on earth that tastes worse than Grappa.

The stuff tastes like fire, general burning, pure alcohol, death, pain, misery, despair, mud, stones, grapes and lastly; regret.

And its only 40%...likely to motherfucking kill you.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek:

does anyone drink Old Crow???????

yikes.
    when i was a young dumb fucker
    i drank plenty of that trashy fiery liquid
    holy shit that stuff sucks
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I'll try and make a long story short:

I was 16 yrs old or so.
    My buddy & I bought our tickets from Greyhound bus.
    $70.00 got ya a ticket to the show and transportation.
    They had a rule for us passengers.
    One 6 pack of beer per person was allowed.
    My buddy & I had a 12 pack of beer & a half gallon of vodka & OJ on ice as we entered the bus, (they never carded us.)
    People were smoking dope in the restroom @ the back of bus.
    It was ON like nobodies fuckin business.
    The buses stop for dinner, we're already very much toast.
    We didn't buy dinner, spent all our money on more beer, Coors to be exact.
    I asked some dope smokin dudes who were in their 30's if they'd buy us some beer.
    6 cases of Coors was purchased.
    When I stepped off the bus in the Busch Stadium's parkinglot holy shit, the world was spinning out of control.
    Staggering into the stadium, my buddy & I couldn't function well enough on our own to find our seats, some dude helped us locate our seats.
    I was smoked, I was puking in my seat trying not to vomit on anyone.
    Unfortunately some very classy ladies in front of me evidently got some of it on them.
    One turns around & says to me, "would you please stop spitting on us".
    I'm like, "I am very sorry," as I was covered in my own sickness.
    I then past out, woke up some moments later.
    Continued to rock out, got back to the bus, partied a bit more.
    I was a complete & utter dumb fuckin kid.
    As painful as it was, it was one of the better moments in my concert going experiences.
    It rocked.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    kamikillzme aka kamikaze shots....

tried doing 21 on my 21st bday - surprised I am alive to tell the story. NEVER went near it again....bleh
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

tried doing 21 on my 21st bday - surprised I am alive to tell the story. NEVER went near it again....bleh

Kamikaze shots! That was a loooong time ago! They were good. What is in them?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    jack, crown royal and any bourbon-the sight of the bottles make me queasy
    its a fraternity thing
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756

omg...I loved kamikazis.
    Oh lord...those were the days. ;)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    chadwick wrote:
    I'll try and make a long story short:

I was 16 yrs old or so.
    My buddy & I bought our tickets from Greyhound bus.
    $70.00 got ya a ticket to the show and transportation.
    They had a rule for us passengers.
    One 6 pack of beer per person was allowed.
    My buddy & I had a 12 pack of beer & a half gallon of vodka & OJ on ice as we entered the bus, (they never carded us.)
    People were smoking dope in the restroom @ the back of bus.
    It was ON like nobodies fuckin business.
    The buses stop for dinner, we're already very much toast.
    We didn't buy dinner, spent all our money on more beer, Coors to be exact.
    I asked some dope smokin dudes who were in their 30's if they'd buy us some beer.
    6 cases of Coors was purchased.
    When I stepped off the bus in the Busch Stadium's parkinglot holy shit, the world was spinning out of control.
    Staggering into the stadium, my buddy & I couldn't function well enough on our own to find our seats, some dude helped us locate our seats.
    I was smoked, I was puking in my seat trying not to vomit on anyone.
    Unfortunately some very classy ladies in front of me evidently got some of it on them.
    One turns around & says to me, "would you please stop spitting on us".
    I'm like, "I am very sorry," as I was covered in my own sickness.
    I then past out, woke up some moments later.
    Continued to rock out, got back to the bus, partied a bit more.
    I was a complete & utter dumb fuckin kid.
    As painful as it was, it was one of the better moments in my concert going experiences.
    It rocked.

lol, I enjoyed reading this
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    Warm Gin. Nuff said.

-but I will elaborate....

My big brother thinks it's funny to buy people a shot of microwaved gin on their 21st. It's not too funny when you are doing 21 shots. But, I have carried on the tradition. It's funny from the other side when you are doing one shot at a 21st bday bash.

Remember.... warm gin, when you are asked what the worst shot is.
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Let's see...

I once drank a case - yes, a CASE of Regal Select (beer). We were high on something that made the beer totally not effective - and we were drinking it to read the bottle caps. Two cases, two teenagers, in the woods with a fire - lots of fun :) Cannot drink any beer anymore!

A fifth of Tequila, bag of limes, shaker of salt, and two chicks bitching about their boyfriends = bad combo. Cops came - told us to go home - when my sisters boyfriend took us home, I got out of the car and fell on the ground. My mom open the front door and I stood up long enough to say "Hi". She closed the door - I fell down again. Turns out she was watching through the window and thought it was hilarious - so she did it a couple more times. :rolleyes: Thanks mom! I was unable to drink tequila for about 10 years! Thank goodness I've gotten over that - cause I like my margaritas!

I know there is more...but will save those for one a "most embarrassing things you've ever done" threads ;)
    stickboy wrote:
    who's rolling up ..anyone? I need to burn :D

When you make it to Seattle - I'll do the rolling :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Vodka OJ, havent had one since grade 7. Me and 2 of my friends drank a 40oz of vodka and the three of us puked all night. So I haven't had one in 12-13 years.

P.S. I'm drunk right now
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Tequila. I can't even smell tequila without feeling like a i have to ralph. EW!

In junior high, I took some tequila to school and drank it straight first thing in the morning. Did not even feel it. Now I'm tipsy from half a class of blush.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    I see how that is....you love cats but not me?! I was in dc too! *runs and crys*

ha ha! do I know you? I used to love cats, but I'll never have another one after my mom's cat repeatedly used my carpet for its box. I can always use new friends as long as you keep it clean (no dirty talk like that man with the 3 million page pearl jam unplugged MTV thread -- on the Porch.)

you can be my friend by watching my brian vander ark videos

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=233705&page=3
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    iluvcats wrote:
    ha ha! do I know you? I used to love cats, but I'll never have another one after my mom's cat repeatedly used my carpet for its box. I can always use new friends as long as you keep it clean (no dirty talk like that man with the 3 million page pearl jam unplugged MTV thread -- on the Porch.)

you can be my friend by watching my brian vander ark videos

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=233705&page=3
    Aw..I wish I had known you were there too!
    You should ask Kat if you can change your name to iusedtoluvcatsnowithinktheysuck
    :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Damn you Guiseppe Alberti and your cat piss you call Liquore Strega
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Aw..I wish I had known you were there too!
    You should ask Kat if you can change your name to iusedtoluvcatsnowithinktheysuck
    :p

it was very last minute that we decided to go see Edward Vedder. got tix on friday.

it is almost one year ago that we had to put our kitty to sleep. i still think of him often. recently i had to go to his old vet's office and their stray cat loved me! she ran over and sat in my lap.

nice user name suggestion trixie :D
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    southern fucking comfort.

even the smell of it means i get to re-taste my last meal
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    Firewater. I was like 16 and I ended up running around the town I was living in with no shoes on.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Another Tequila hater here but it may have been something to do with the pint of wine I drank before hand. It was just Tequila I could smell and taste for days afterwards.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    C'mon people, don't you know that alcohol will attack if it senses any fear in you. Get back on whatever horse threw you off before it comes back lookin' for trouble.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    eyedclaar wrote:
    C'mon people, don't you know that alcohol will attack if it senses any fear in you. Get back on whatever horse threw you off before it comes back lookin' for trouble.

i shot my so-co horse elevendy times....then i cut off its head and stuck it in jack woltz' bed
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    SENROCK! wrote:
    whats CHEAP BEER? Since Im new to the beer thing. Do u mean like STEEL RESERVE???!!!! :eek: You can get a 40 for about $1.60 and im SURE it tastes LIKE STEEL!!! :eek:

Keystone, Natty, Beast, High Life, Olde E, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    kristophed wrote:
    Vodka OJ, havent had one since grade 7. Me and 2 of my friends drank a 40oz of vodka and the three of us puked all night. So I haven't had one in 12-13 years.

P.S. I'm drunk right now

I remember drinking Vodka and popping a few of my pop's valuims.....not a good mix!
    one time in high school, my neighbor said she was so sick in bed she could not even move. she had taken LSD and drank some type of tangerine vodka. plus she did not eat and her family wasn't home. she was lucky she came out of it ok.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    iluvcats wrote:
    one time in high school, my neighbor said she was so sick in bed she could not even move. she had taken LSD and drank some type of tangerine vodka. plus she did not eat and her family wasn't home. she was lucky she came out of it ok.

That sounds about like 5 years of my life... well, except that I wasn't such a baby about it as your neighbor.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    That sounds about like 5 years of my life... well, except that I wasn't such a baby about it as your neighbor.

she wasn't a baby about it, she was a very cool person. maybe she had low blood sugar or she drank too much of the vodka (tangaray?)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    There's a long list...
    Raspberry Vodka - after the ill advised high school binge drinking experience that ended in my friends' mother rubbing my back and promising it would be OK in the morning.
    Tequlia - after a vicious Praire Fire and Stop Light on my 21st birthday..but I'm working back up to it. Gotta get back on the horse that bucked you, right?
    Jack Daniels - well..maybe it was my ex-boyfriend who overdid the Jack..but that alone is enough to give it a pretty negative connotation in my head. Can't even smell the stuff now.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009