Options

in praise of comfortable footwear

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
yesterday I broke down and finally got a pair of dansko/sanita clogs. oh. my. god. I have displaced bones in my feet from wearing heels all the time at this one job I had a few years ago, and I didn't realize how much pain I was in until I put these babies on and wasn't anymore. I can actually walk naturally. I am in heaven. like I am so comfortable I had to post about it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i just bought a new pair of Doc Martens.. air-cushioned soles apparently.. all i can say is they must be the comfiest things i've won in years... Converse All-Stars must be the thinnest soles i've ever had on a pair of shoes... i could feel blades of grass lacerating my feet with those things on :) now i could stand on a cactus quarry and not feel a thing
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i just bought a new pair of Doc Martens.. air-cushioned soles apparently.. all i can say is they must be the comfiest things i've won in years... Converse All-Stars must be the thinnest soles i've ever had on a pair of shoes... i could feel blades of grass lacerating my feet with those things on :) now i could stand on a cactus quarry and not feel a thing

yes docs are extremely comfy as well. and no shoe has better traction on ice.

I once walked around europe for 2 weeks in chucks and the entire soles of both feet were a giant blister.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I usually wear stuff like Vans, Duffs and Airwalk which are always very comfy. Most recent pair of shoes i bought were Osiris and they are amazing, comfiest trainers ive ever worn by far. I remember when i was younger buying a pair of K-Swiss because everyone in school had them and it was like walking about on two planks of wood. Always stick to the same kinds of trainers now.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    I usually wear stuff like Vans, Duffs and Airwalk which are always very comfy. Most recent pair of shoes i bought were Osiris and they are amazing, comfiest trainers ive ever worn by far. I remember when i was younger buying a pair of K-Swiss because everyone in school had them and it was like walking about on two planks of wood. Always stick to the same kinds of trainers now.

well K-swiss are tennis shoes, they have flat soles so you can move around the court.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I used to wear skate shoes because I thought they were comfortable but now I have North Face walking shoes, they're so much more comfortable. I think I stick to walking shoes now.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    yesterday I broke down and finally got a pair of dansko/sanita clogs. oh. my. god. I have displaced bones in my feet from wearing heels all the time at this one job I had a few years ago, and I didn't realize how much pain I was in until I put these babies on and wasn't anymore. I can actually walk naturally. I am in heaven. like I am so comfortable I had to post about it.

I must have the weirdest feet in the world.

Everyone I know raves about how comfy those are, and I got a pair a few years ago when I was working retail full-time. I wore them for a few days, and my feet hurt SO bad, and I actually had swelling and bruises on them. I had the Mary Janes.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    yes docs are extremely comfy as well. and no shoe has better traction on ice.

I once walked around europe for 2 weeks in chucks and the entire soles of both feet were a giant blister.
    thats funny i walked around europe for three weeks in docs and i got blisters

:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I must have the weirdest feet in the world.

Everyone I know raves about how comfy those are, and I got a pair a few years ago when I was working retail full-time. I wore them for a few days, and my feet hurt SO bad, and I actually had swelling and bruises on them. I had the Mary Janes.

yeah in grad school everyone raved about chaco sandals but they don't work for me at all. it's all the individual foot. I just got the traditional clogs-with-backs that you see doctors and chefs wearing. not exactly sexy, but hey, it matches my not exactly sexy wardrobe.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I have at least 9 pair of dansko. I bought my first pair after the first day of pastry school in 2001. My feet hurt so bad, and all the other students were wearing clogs. Very rarely do they hurt my feet, usually because of the design, but for the most part I can't do without them.

My twin calls them my frumpa-lump shoes.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I have at least 9 pair of dansko. I bought my first pair after the first day of pastry school in 2001. My feet hurt so bad, and all the other students were wearing clogs. Very rarely do they hurt my feet, usually because of the design, but for the most part I can't do without them.

My twin calls them my frumpa-lump shoes.

hahaha they are totally frumpa-lump/old hippy/graying professor/librarian/femi-nazi shoes :). But hey I am an environmental consultant in Cambridge, who am I trying to kid?
  • Options
    The best feeling ever?

Putting on a pair of well worked in sneakers after a day of downhill skiing.

omg...a 10 minute foot orgasm...no kidding.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I usually wear skater runners like Vans and DCs, but I just got a pair of ecco shoes, and they are so comfy, and sturdy, and surprisingly light too. Best shoes ever.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    well K-swiss are tennis shoes, they have flat soles so you can move around the court.

They might be a tennis shoe company originally but they sell a lot of shoes just because they are fashionable, where i live anyway.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I usually wear skater runners like Vans and DCs, but I just got a pair of ecco shoes, and they are so comfy, and sturdy, and surprisingly light too. Best shoes ever.

Eccos and mephistos

both pricey but very, very comfortable
    a lot of eccos also have gore-tex so you can wear em in any weather!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Merrells. At least they seem to work while walking a picket line (the WGA strike). The first day I wore tennis shoes - argh, what a mistake. Then I swtiched to the Merrells - wonderful. I've had conversations with other people picketing and people seem to like Merrells.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Tevas are good, too.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    im usually a converse guy. aren't the most comfortable by any means. but my asics on the other hand... like walking on a cloud.
  • Options
    im usually a converse guy. aren't the most comfortable by any means. but my asics on the other hand... like walking on a cloud.
    Absolutely! THE most comfortable runners in existance.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    i just bought a new pair of Doc Martens..
    I love Docs!!! Though I do have a penchant for uncomfortable, high heeled boots and shoes :D I'm afraid I don't do 'earthy'...

**Dunk... just noticed where you lived....**
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Asics - yes, I agree. The best.

Other good sandals, Rafters. I had a pair, not thongs, they were super comfortable. I wore them on a family vacation where we walked miles and miles and they were the only shoe I wore.
  • Options
    Absolutely! THE most comfortable runners in existance.

I wear Brooks for running. running shoes are a very personal thing.
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    The best feeling ever?

Putting on a pair of well worked in sneakers after a day of downhill skiing.

omg...a 10 minute foot orgasm...no kidding.

yep, true...
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    redwing workboots and a good pair of socks.
    this is what gets my feet sexual.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    redwing workboots and a good pair of socks.
    this is what gets my feet sexual.

HAHAhaha, funny you...;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Linda wrote:
    HAHAhaha, funny you...;)

oh my god it's soo true it's unbelievable.
    my feet never felt so loved.

im a socks and underwears type thingy.
    i love socks and what's under my jeans.
    and footwear for me=redwing boots.
    or knitted/crocheted slippers that lil old ladies whip up for me.
    have several sets.
    warm fire, homemade slippers, bad-ass feet sexual relaxation.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    oh my god it's soo true it's unbelievable.
    my feet never felt so loved.

im a socks and underwears type thingy.
    i love socks and what's under my jeans.
    and footwear for me=redwing boots.
    or knitted/crocheted slippers that lil old ladies whip up for me.
    have several sets.
    warm fire, homemade slippers, bad-ass feet sexual relaxation.

honestly, i rather wear nothing under my jeans..
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Linda wrote:
    honestly, i rather wear nothing under my jeans..

im quite positive that is outstanding.

me=boxers.
    i can't go comando, weirds me out in a out of control way.
    socks, boxers, boots, im set.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    im quite positive that is outstanding.

me=boxers.
    i can't go comando, weirds me out in a out of control way.
    socks, boxers, boots, im set.

and freezing...
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    Wow, that's so great. You won a pair of DM's, jammy bugger.
    I'm a live an' die in trainers man meself, Adidas and K-Swiss being my current babies, one white pair, one black.....what more could you want?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I still have to say my uggs are the most comfy shoes I have ever owned.

When I was in high school I was in marching band, and we had to dress up to do the Halloween parade. I wore these awesome red doc martin boots that I had bought in London because I was dressed as the devil. I'll tell you, my heels started to kill the moment we started walking, but being in a big parade in a marching band, doesn't allow you to stop. So I walked for 3 miles. I had tears in my eyes, it was so horrible. When we finished I pulled my feet out and my socks were soaked in blood, and I had NO heel what so ever. It was so deeply blistered and cut and bleeding so badly, I had to go to the hospital.

WORST SHOES EVER.