Options

Hard Rock Cafe's

13»

Comments

• Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I used to make a habit of collecting a shot glass from all the Hard Rock's I'd visited. I then had an epiphony about five years ago that yes, the guitars and outrageous stage outfits were fun to look at but the food sucked and that overall the Hard Rocks were second rate bars. And I haven't been back since. Not to say I would never go again, I've just stopped my shot glass collection. :)
  • Options
    It's not! :cool:

C'mon England isn't exactly known for it's good food I'm afraid :o

No it's not really but I'm happy with my roast dinners and Shepards Pie.

I went to a sandwich shop the other day and they were selling this thing called a 'baguette'. Inside was this stuff called brie... DIRTY BASTARDS! (Okay I watch too much TV).
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Real, traditional english food is very good and diversified. But you need to go to a good restaurant and not crap pubs for proper english fayre!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

number of Michelin starred restaurants in the UK = 230

number in Ireland? = 5

here endeth the lesson.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Real, traditional english food is very good and diversified. But you need to go to a good restaurant and not crap pubs for proper english fayre!
    but why would ya wanna eat in a restaurant when there are so many pubs? :eek: What I kinda shoulda said better is that here, if you go into ANY pub/restaurant you're ALMOST guaranteed something really nice. Sure there are really nice places in London but they seemed to be much harder to find and it can be pot luck. There seems to be a higher GENERAL standard here. I'm not trying to offend anyone, our food's shit compared to say italy for example :) but it was just my observations.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    but why would ya wanna eat in a restaurant when there are so many pubs? :eek: What I kinda shoulda said better is that here, if you go into ANY pub/restaurant you're ALMOST guaranteed something really nice. Sure there are really nice places in London but they seemed to be much harder to find and it can be pot luck. There seems to be a higher GENERAL standard here. I'm not trying to offend anyone, our food's shit compared to say italy for example :) but it was just my observations.

london isnt england
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

There isn't a single pub which is nice to eat in anywhere near where I live.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    There isn't a single pub which is nice to eat in anywhere near where I live.
    That's what I mean :o . Of course you can get shit food here... but it's rare that I'm disappointed... but over there I find it very much 50/50.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    That's what I mean :o .
    Yeah.. but when one know's where HLF lives, I'm not surprised! Got a few pubs with good food in the Twickeham area!
  • Options
    That's what I mean :o . Of course you can get shit food here... but it's rare that I'm disappointed... but over there I find it very much 50/50.

It depends where you go. If you go further out to the countryside where I live, You'll find lot's of good pub food for the country bumpkins. It's the 'thing' where I live probably because there's lot's of farmers around here. Makes sense.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Yeah.. but when one know's where HLF lives, I'm not surprised! Got a few pubs with good food in the Twickeham area!
    You do actually :o I still remember that fucking goats cheese... mmmmm... I tried making that several times... never worked :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    It depends where you go. If you go further out to the countryside where I live, You'll find lot's of good pub food for the country bumpkins. It's the 'thing' where I live probably because there's lot's of farmers around here. Makes sense.
    :) sounds good.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    dunkman wrote:
    london isnt england

new york isn't new york
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    You do actually :o I still remember that fucking goats cheese... mmmmm... I tried making that several times... never worked :mad:

You tried making goats cheese?
  • Options
    I think I went to one in copenhaagen.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    The memorabilia is ok, but as an actual restaurant it's not very good. At its best, the food is mediocre and is waaaay overpriced.

Honestly, if I wanted to see rock and roll memorabilia, I would just plan a trip to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.....
  • Options
    Yip, there's one in Copenhagen alright.

Lol, MCKB... no but redrock and I had this fantastic goats cheese on roasted veg in a kinda sweet chilli sauce... it was yum.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life