Options

Hard Rock Cafe's

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hard rock is like any other truly commercial/corporate restaurant. bland pseudo-american fare. i can think of hard rock, ruby tuesdays, fridays, etc...all in that same vein. i will admit, some of the corporate chains are FAR superior to others. we enjoy houlihans and pf changs, for example...and some smaller, regionalized chains too. they are not all 'evil'...and some have great food.

the only hard rock i've ever eaten in is the one in london. and sure, just as you describe...rather eh food, although cool enough memorabilia. funnily enough, i have never set foot in the one in NYC. just recently walked past it few weeks ago, closest i've been to it in years.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Why would anyone go to these places in Paris when there's all that brilliant French food around?
    :eek: I HATE the food in France... I lost about 2 dress sizes when I lived there cos I was on a liquid diet :) (ok, that's not completely cos the food was so bad). That was the skinniest I ever was and I hated it. Sure everyone was complimenting me and saying I looked great... but I could see my ribs :eek: It was horrible.

Anyway, lol, yip, we stayed in the hard rock hotel in Chicago... it was pretty cool. Nothing special, the rooms were quite grey and not very homely and the service and prices in the bar weren't great... but there was a good feel to the place, perhaps cos of the company. I think it was Jimi's guitar on our floor :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :eek: I HATE the food in France...
    :eek: Not enough boiled potatoes and cabbage for you?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    :eek: Not enough boiled potatoes and cabbage for you?
    There wasn't enough of ANYTHING for me :D . I really just did not enjoy it at all... and pretty much lived on panini's and salads. Eating out wasn't much fun at all there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Bloody hell, Helen... you visit the country which is the epitome of true gastronomy and there wasn't anything you liked!!!! Damn girl... what kind of places were you trying to eat at!

Guess McDonalds and the Hard Rock for you everywhere then!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Bloody hell, Helen... you visit the country which is the epitome of true gastronomy and there wasn't anything you liked!!!!
    No actually I've been to Italy a few times and NEVER had anything even half decent... it was ALL absolutely amazing :p

I ate out with friends quite a bit in France... the lady I was staying with cooked every evening traditional French stuff. I just literally did not have ONE nice meal in that city :o and I was there 4 months.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    There wasn't enough of ANYTHING for me :D . I really just did not enjoy it at all... and pretty much lived on panini's and salads. Eating out wasn't much fun at all there.

I must say, that is quite impressive, Helen. You sound like my mum. :D:) Next time, make sure you get MORE drunk and you'll enjoy the food much more. :o
  • Options
    the lady I was staying with cooked every evening traditional French stuff. I just literally did not have ONE nice meal in that city :o and I was there 4 months.
    Remind me not to cook for you when you visit!

You do sound like a little old lady travelling and not appreciating anything, but saying 'I wish i was at home where I could get a decent cup of tea'!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    LOVE HRCs. Love the ambience of it all. I also have a very small collection of pilsner glasses from different cities, which will look cool in my home bar someday.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Remind me not to cook for you when you visit!

You do sound like a little old lady travelling and not appreciating anything, but saying 'I wish i was at home where I could get a decent cup of tea'!
    :D nope, I did eat the food for as long as I could til I realised panini's were much more enjoyable.

MCKB... trust me, I couldn't have GOT any drunker :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    LOVE HRCs. Love the ambience of it all. I also have a very small collection of pilsner glasses from different cities, which will look cool in my home bar someday.

I collect the Hurricane glasses, they are really good for drinking cocktails from.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    WOW!!! If any of you ever get to the Goldcoast, Queensland (Australia) you really HAVE to visit the Hard Rock Cafe there!!!! I can't comment on what any of the HRC's are like anywhere else in the world, but HRC in Surfers Paradise is FANTASTIC!!! Seriously.....can't fault it!

* the atmosphere is great! Awesome entertainment!
    * the staff are AMAZING!!! (to say the least) they all seemed like old friends, yet still totally professional. Even though it was always packed, we were always made to feel like we were their only customers....not just another number.
    * the food....OMG! the food is to die for and really reasonably priced too.
    *the service is top-notch, second to none!!!

I honestly can't say enough about that place!!!

There's also another side to the HRC.....they do alot of wonderful work, that maybe a lot of people don't know about - raising a LOT of money for wonderful, wonderful causes. I'm sure there's a site or something that gives all the info; on this.

I do, however, have 1 complaint :( We live in Western Australia, so can only go to HRC when on holiday :( If we lived over there, we would be there (HRC) whenever possible!!!
  • Options
    I collect the Hurricane glasses, they are really good for drinking cocktails from.

I got one in Chicago in '96 when it was the 25th anniversary of the HRC...I EARNED it! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I got one in Chicago in '96 when it was the 25th anniversary of the HRC...I EARNED it! :D

When you say 'earned it' I assume you mean you drank a shit load of cocktails and got wasted.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    When you say 'earned it' I assume you mean you drank a shit load of cocktails and got wasted.

Never had such a hangover, but got the glass! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Never had such a hangover, but got the glass! :D

I want me some cocktails now.

• Options
    I want me some cocktails now.

Believe me I know what you mean...been on the wagon 19 days now.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Believe me I know what you mean...been on the wagon 19 days now.

It's been about 9 hours for me :o

• Options

You bastard! Kick me when I'm down why dontcha!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    You bastard! Kick me when I'm down why dontcha!!! :D

It's the easiest way, less chance of me being kicked back.

• Options
    Almost 2 days for me :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

There's also another side to the HRC.....they do alot of wonderful work, that maybe a lot of people don't know about - raising a LOT of money for wonderful, wonderful causes. I'm sure there's a site or something that gives all the info; on this.

There is so many great causes they've raised money for in the past and as I said there's probably a site somewhere telling all about it......but....here's a link to the lasest.
    http://www.hardrock.com/promo/sig25/

I wish them every success with this latest effort!! :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    :eek: I HATE the food in France... I lost about 2 dress sizes when I lived there cos I was on a liquid diet :)
    Jeez Hell, there's more to food than Bangers and Mash, Fish n Chips, and, ugh, Irish stews.

I couldn't stop eating in Paris last year. Then I promptly lost all the weight gained once I hit London. Blegh.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I was dragged to one in London by a girl about 5 years ago and I remember that the price of a bottle - no draught - beer was extortionate. I also remember the staff hussling us out of the place as soon as we'd finished our food so that they could ferry in some more customers. It was one of the most soulless money grubbing corporate whorehouses I've ever been unfortunate enough to have set foot in.
    Hard rock my ass. More like hard cock!
    wow beer in the uk expensive.. who'd have thought that :p

I'd only hate the Hard Rock cafe if they didn't have any Pearl Jam stuff... but they do... so i can't say... plus i've never been! :p
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    There is so many great causes they've raised money for in the past and as I said there's probably a site somewhere telling all about it......but....here's a link to the lasest.
    http://www.hardrock.com/promo/sig25/

I wish them every success with this latest effort!! :)
    uh oh i loaded the page.... and Bono's mug appeared.... must be a rip ;)

KIDDING!!!
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Jeez Hell, there's more to food than Bangers and Mash, Fish n Chips, and, ugh, Irish stews.

I couldn't stop eating in Paris last year. Then I promptly lost all the weight gained once I hit London. Blegh.
    Hahaha... only one of them is Irish :) . And hinn, the food's better here than in England. If you eat in a pub there, it's like the only vegetable they have is peas :eek: and once you put peas in water they're ruined anyway :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hahaha... only one of them is Irish :) . And hinn, the food's better here than in England. If you eat in a pub there, it's like the only vegetable they have is peas :eek: and once you put peas in water they're ruined anyway :(

Really, the only veg we eat is peas :confused:

Thats news to me!

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    If you eat in a pub there, it's like the only vegetable they have is peas :eek: and once you put peas in water they're ruined anyway :(

:confused:

thats just utter crap

Ireland: 2008 Hyperbowl Champions... :);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    :confused:

thats just utter crap
    It's not! :cool:

C'mon England isn't exactly known for it's good food I'm afraid :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    It's not! :cool:

C'mon England isn't exactly known for it's good food I'm afraid :o

In the past may be but know it's definitely up there for eating out ... must be going to the wrong places ... the tourist traps :o ... didn't you guys go into a Garfunkles :eek:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?