Paris Hilton will visit Rwanda

CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
Just what we needed, this fucking idiot to highlight global issues! Her quote in this story is so deep. If she goes, it will bring more attention to the issues. No you moron, you are just trying to bring more attention to yourself. As you always do. Pompous ass!

People: Paris Hilton will visit Rwanda
By The Associated Press and Internet reports
Article Last Updated: 09/26/2007 08:20:38 AM MDT

Paris Hilton arrives at the amfAR Rocks benefit for AIDS research in New York City on Monday. (The Associated Press)First stop on Paris Hilton's postjail goodwill tour — Rwanda.

The hotel heiress said she will visit the African country this fall as part of her commitment to use her celebrity to highlight global causes, E! Online reported Tuesday.

"There's so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help," Hilton said.

Scott Lazerson of Playing for Good, an organization that helps high-end business and entertainment personalities become involved in charities, originally invited Hilton to Rwanda — scene of a 1994 genocide in which thousands of Tutsis were slaughtered.

Hilton said her journey to Rwanda will not be her last visit to other countries.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    And you bring more attention to it and her by complaining about it on a message board....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Just what we needed, this fucking idiot to highlight global issues! Her quote in this story is so deep. If she goes, it will bring more attention to the issues. No you moron, you are just trying to bring more attention to yourself. As you always do. Pompous ass!

People: Paris Hilton will visit Rwanda
    By The Associated Press and Internet reports
    Article Last Updated: 09/26/2007 08:20:38 AM MDT

Paris Hilton arrives at the amfAR Rocks benefit for AIDS research in New York City on Monday. (The Associated Press)First stop on Paris Hilton's postjail goodwill tour — Rwanda.

The hotel heiress said she will visit the African country this fall as part of her commitment to use her celebrity to highlight global causes, E! Online reported Tuesday.

"There's so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help," Hilton said.

Scott Lazerson of Playing for Good, an organization that helps high-end business and entertainment personalities become involved in charities, originally invited Hilton to Rwanda — scene of a 1994 genocide in which thousands of Tutsis were slaughtered.

Hilton said her journey to Rwanda will not be her last visit to other countries.
    what's wrong with trying to do something positive and beneficial? When are you going to Rwanda?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • That's hot.
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • Allie wrote:
    what's wrong with trying to do something positive and beneficial? When are you going to Rwanda?

She's only trying to benefit herself. If she cared so much about the people of Rwanda, she'd have some of her parents hotels be built there and let the people stay for free! You think she's going to donate a dime of her $$ to them. Hell no.
  • Allie wrote:
    Yeh, I agree. I don't like the girl but people complain about what she uses her fame for and why she doesn't use it for good things. Maybe this WILL be an eyeopener for her... if it's not, I don't particularly care, if it is good for her!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Allie wrote:

i love this... she's a mindless whore for being a rich pampered do-nothing princess, she tries to change that and do something and people shit on her for that too.

i will never understand the hatred people have of her. she has handled the spotlight with more class than 99% of the people on here would.
    She's only trying to benefit herself. If she cared so much about the people of Rwanda, she'd have some of her parents hotels be built there and let the people stay for free! You think she's going to donate a dime of her $$ to them. Hell no.

how do you know what she's going to do? Lots of celebrities do things of this nature, like when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie went to Africa and it was on Dateline or one of those shows. It does promote a lot of awareness about problems-poverty, hunger, AIDS.

I'm no fan of Paris Hilton but I don't think there's anything bad about trying to do something like that.

Cameras follow her everywhere, they might as well spotlight what is going on in impoverished nations.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    i love this... she's a mindless whore for being a rich pampered do-nothing princess, she tries to change that and do something and people shit on her for that too.

i will never understand the hatred people have of her. she has handled the spotlight with more class than 99% of the people on here would.

wait why are you using my quote, I agree with you :eek: for once!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    wait why are you using my quote, I agree with you :eek: for once!

i know. i probly shoulda quoted him, but i was saying "absolutely right! i love this nonsense." honestly loved your post, sarcastically loved his :)
  • Allie wrote:
    how do you know what she's going to do?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this girl out. She's going to go there, tell everyone how awful it is, and how heartfelt she feels towards the people. I can't wait to hear her suggestions as how to make change there. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at least have been doing this for a while and have some credibility. Not this idiot.
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this girl out. She's going to go there, tell everyone how awful it is, and how heartfelt she feels towards the people. I can't wait to hear her suggestions as how to make change there. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at least have been doing this for a while and have some credibility. Not this idiot.

she's 22 or something. brad and angelina had to start somewhere. this is her start. you think they magically hopped over there knowing everything? no. people gave them the same shit then they're giving her now.

yeah, Angelina the homewrecker and Brad the whipped boy toy/ baby daddy have more credibility. Ok :)

You're making assumptions. You have no idea what she's going to do or say. And like I said, when you make your trip to Africa or start donating money or doing anything else positive in the world, please, come back and let me know, I'd like to know what you're doing to make a difference.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    she's 22 or something. brad and angelina had to start somewhere. this is her start.quote]
    she's 25
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    yeah, Angelina the homewrecker and Brad the whipped boy toy/ baby daddy have more credibility. Ok :)

You're making assumptions. You have no idea what she's going to do or say. And like I said, when you make your trip to Africa or start donating money or doing anything else positive in the world, please, come back and let me know, I'd like to know what you're doing to make a difference.

yeah, i forgot how much of a whore paris is compared to the girl who broke up brad's marriage. i mean... a college age girl having sex with guys? what the hell is she thinking?
  • i love this... she's a mindless whore for being a rich pampered do-nothing princess, she tries to change that and do something and people shit on her for that too.

Ok... Paris Hilton... class? You're pushing it :p

I'd be the first to bitch about the girl and the likes of her being a bad example to kids... but that means she IS an example. So for her to highlight good issues for whatever reasons can't possibly be a bad thing :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Allie wrote:
    she's 22 or something. brad and angelina had to start somewhere. this is her start.quote]
    she's 25

my bad. don't know much about her aside from knowing she looks great naked, hehe.
    Ok... Paris Hilton... class? You're pushing it :p

I'd be the first to bitch about the girl and the likes of her being a bad example to kids... but that means she IS an example. So for her to highlight good issues for whatever reasons can't possibly be a bad thing :confused:

i said she handles the media with class. she doesn't fuck with reporters or whine or throw pampered fits. she smiles, waves, and goes about her life. she knows there's a circus around her and seems to have simply accepted it, rather than creating it or fighting it. even the psycho papparazi people have said she is the nicest and politest person they've stalked. she doesn't have to be. she's a kid trying to grow up with the world watching and scrutinizing her every move. she made mistakes. we all did. if you were videotaped non-stop from 18-23, would you have been a good example to kids? everything she has done has been done by every college kid in this country every weekend. why does she take shit for it and they get a pass?
  • Bashing celebs is the "cool" thing to do.
    I'm all for making fun of them and their comical antics but
    to deride someone for using that fame for something good
    is non-sensical and petty.

as long as she doesn't get behind the wheel there she will be ok.
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
  • Allie wrote:

I love how people just shine her on and buy into anything she does. This girl can take a shit and people will think it's gold. I'll never understand it.
  • i said she handles the media with class. she doesn't fuck with reporters or whine or throw pampered fits. she smiles, waves, and goes about her life. she knows there's a circus around her and seems to have simply accepted it, rather than creating it or fighting it.
    I suppose you have a good point actually :eek:

It's rare that you hear of Paris behaving like a diva really.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I love how people just shine her on and buy into anything she does. This girl can take a shit and people will think it's gold. I'll never understand it.

on the contrary, it seems to me that this girl could hand out gold to poor people and people like you would be waiting to talk about how she's a piece of shit for it.
  • i said she handles the media with class. she doesn't fuck with reporters or whine or throw pampered fits. she smiles, waves, and goes about her life. she knows there's a circus around her and seems to have simply accepted it, rather than creating it or fighting it. even the psycho papparazi people have said she is the nicest and politest person they've stalked. she doesn't have to be. she's a kid trying to grow up with the world watching and scrutinizing her every move. she made mistakes. we all did. if you were videotaped non-stop from 18-23, would you have been a good example to kids? everything she has done has been done by every college kid in this country every weekend. why does she take shit for it and they get a pass?

She's a media whore. She loves attention. She loves the spot light. Of course she's not going to throw a fit. She wants her face everywhere. Conceited people are like that.
  • on the contrary, it seems to me that this girl could hand out gold to poor people and people like you would be waiting to talk about how she's a piece of shit for it.

And people like you would just keep shining her on and see no foul in what she's done in life.
  • She's a media whore. She loves attention. She loves the spot light. Of course she's not going to throw a fit. She wants her face everywhere. Conceited people are like that.
    Eh... they're not usually actually!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I suppose you have a good point actually :eek:

It's rare that you hear of Paris behaving like a diva really.

exactly. yes, she partied a lot and probably wasn't doing what parents would like their kids to do, but like i said, so does everyone at her age? she fucked up, took some knocks, had it all videotaped and broadcast around the world, but she has never once complained about it. now she seems to be trying to change and noone wants to hear about it all of a sudden. they love her in the news when she screws up cos if gives them a chance to rant like corduroyboy and fuel their ego with self-rightoues self-satisfaction. now she changes and what he's really pissed about is the thought of losing his favorite punching bag.
  • I'm willing to bet Ms. Hilton could not spell Rwanda...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • And people like you would just keep shining her on and see no foul in what she's done in life.
    why are you getting so annoyed? He has a point... Jaysus, if I'd cameras following me around from 18 to 23 :eek: Paris would actually be quite the angel compared to me. Yeh she was stupid for letting yer man film them. But she handled it really well.

I don't like her but I've a bit of a soft spot for her and I'm not sure why
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I love how people just shine her on and buy into anything she does. This girl can take a shit and people will think it's gold. I'll never understand it.

you still taking about Paris or have you moved onto Ed now?
  • I'm willing to bet Ms. Hilton could not spell Rwanda...............
    I'm willing to bet you couldn't either... only for it was there in front of ya :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    And people like you would just keep shining her on and see no foul in what she's done in life.

what has she done that is so foul that she deserves such hatred? she went to clubs, like every other college girl in this country. she had sex with guys, like every other college girl in the country. she got busted for drunk driving and did jail time (more jailtime, i might add, than i served for all THREE of my dui's combined). so she fucked up, again, like every other college kid who overdid it with booze at some point.

where is this hidden, hideous evil i'm missing? i never said i see no foul. i said she's fucked up, but the only difference between her fuckups and everyone else's is hers are on tv.