I fucking love these peanuts with...

Comments

• Are they Chipnuts? Chipnuts are my favorite thing on the planet when it comes to snack food. They're literally chip covered nuts that come in all the chip flavors. Picards makes 'em. :)

Probably a variation on those but I'm guessing you from the US of A? These are English; but yeah, sounds like the same thing.

I am putting on weight, so the thread needs to take a new turn: How do I get it off again? :( :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    can i just say that consommé isn't congealed blood... its a kinda soup thing where they boil the mixture and skim the top... or something.

black pudding is good stuff... its about 80% ox blood... yummy

nothing beats haggis though.. i fookin love that stuff.

its illegal to send it to america... not because of whats in it, but because it in no way contributes to obesity... so they've banned it.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    can i just say that consommé isn't congealed blood... its a kinda soup thing where they boil the mixture and skim the top... or something.

black pudding is good stuff... its about 80% ox blood... yummy

nothing beats haggis though.. i fookin love that stuff.

its illegal to send it to america... not because of whats in it, but because it in no way contributes to obesity... so they've banned it.

You're basicly right... again... but it's mainly made up of blood. It's still disgusting.

I've never tried haggis but I did once eat pickled ants.
    You're basicly right... again... but it's mainly made up of blood. It's still disgusting.

you know how i hate arguing... but consomme doesnt have any blood in it.. its a clear soup... very strong in taste but no blood... i.e. you can get fish and chicken consomme.

fish and chicken blood isnt easily acquired ;)

i wonder if you are being served a bouillon or perhaps just really thick gravy ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Shut up!
    dunkman wrote:
    fish and chicken blood isnt easily acquired ;)

That is a good point, actually. :mad:

P.S. :D
  • Why does this brown stuff come in a tin that says 'Beef Consomme' then? :confused:
  • Why does this brown stuff come in a tin that says 'Beef Consomme' then? :confused:

I think Dunk's right about the traditional meaning of consomme; it's definitely a French term, hence why I got confused by the black pudding thing. I have had shellfish consomme before. That's what I remembered it from but couldn't put my finger on it.

Methinks the manufacturers are trying to push something as being more refined than what it actually is: blood in a tin.

They can call crap in tins anything they like... That's why I've got a stack in the fridge of the shit-which-tastes-passable, Heinz 'Ravioli'. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

Why does this brown stuff come in a tin that says 'Beef Consomme' then? :confused:

most beef products are brown... its just a reduced beef soup... but read the ingredients next time you see that tin... it wont say blood is one of the main ingredients.

p.s. women love beef products
  • dunkman wrote:
    most beef products are brown... its just a reduced beef soup... but read the ingredients next time you see that tin... it wont say blood is one of the main ingredients.

p.s. women love beef products

In a survey, 9 out of 10 women said that Dunk's petit beef product was lacking a certain... je ne sais quoi.

In a survey, 9 out of 10 women said that Dunk's petit beef product was lacking a certain... je ne sais quoi.

68% of your jokes use french, this means 103% of americans dont 'get' them.
  • dunkman wrote:
    68% of your jokes use french, this means 103% of americans dont 'get' them.

LOL

That was weird because I expected you to get back at me... but you got back at Americans instead.

:D

• Yeah, I'll have to look into it more. It's like a sort of jelly.
  • Yeah, I'll have to look into it more. It's like a sort of jelly.

Every post you make about it makes it sound worse.

I'm going to look for it next time I go shopping.......

I'm probably not going to look for it :D

• Well, I'm a woman, I'm going to argue this point even though I KNOW I could be wrong.

Seriously, I'll have to look into what it is they're feeding me.
    LOL

That was weird because I expected you to get back at me... but you got back at Americans instead.

:D

well this is a classy food thread thus far.. i'm expecting a yank to come on it and debase it by saying ... 'oh yummy i love deep-fried whole buffalo with a side order of Mamma Jenkins ranch sauce"

i've noticed that a lot of americans on here call food products by their corporate name.. you noticed that?

i.e. i would say i liked steak and fries and they'll say 'oh i love the Marvins Old Ranch steaks and Pretty Polly Erb Fries".

i've also just realised that they'll call Herbie, the VW Beetle car Erbie... silent fucking H you see :rolleyes:

p.s. Scotland invented hatred
    Yeah, I'll have to look into it more. It's like a sort of jelly.

thats a proper consomme... they've added extra gelatin to make it like jelly.

gelatin is boiled-down animal tendons... :)
  • dunkman wrote:
    well this is a classy food thread thus far.. i'm expecting a yank to come on it and debase it by saying ... 'oh yummy i love deep-fried whole buffalo with a side order of Mamma Jenkins ranch sauce"

i've noticed that a lot of americans on here call food products by their corporate name.. you noticed that?

i.e. i would say i liked steak and fries and they'll say 'oh i love the Marvins Old Ranch steaks and Pretty Polly Erb Fries".

i've also just realised that they'll call Herbie, the VW Beetle car Erbie... silent fucking H you see :rolleyes:

p.s. Scotland invented hatred

Yeah I've noticed... someone on this thread (I forget who) wrote that he liked a particular type of corn chips; not just any old corn chips; and a particular brand of soup; not just any old brand.

LOL Erbie Goes to Monte Carlo.

Erbs. Grrr.

• Well, I'm a woman, I'm going to argue this point even though I KNOW I could be wrong.

Seriously, I'll have to look into what it is they're feeding me.

Sounds like you will. :eek:

Is there any history of mental illness in your family? :eek:

• Sounds like you will. :eek:

Is there any history of mental illness in your family? :eek:

No, I have nowhere to go from here... I can't pick an argument with you two anyway because you're too nice.
  • No, I have nowhere to go from here... I can't pick an argument with you two anyway because you're too nice.

Nice? Nice? I'm not nice.

Rrrrraraaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhh.

• Nice? Nice? I'm not nice.

Rrrrraraaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhh.

I had crumpets and peanut butter this morning.

Crumpets..... mmmmmmmmm.

• I had crumpets and peanut butter this morning.

Crumpets..... mmmmmmmmm.

Crumpets and Marmite are better.

Thanks for telling us what you had for breakfast, I think I now know almost everything there is to know about you. :D

P.S. Chilli rules... I mean Chilli, not Chilli Con Carne.
  • Crumpets and Marmite are better.

Thanks for telling us what you had for breakfast, I think I now know almost everything there is to know about you. :D

I bet you don't know what's in my pocket.

• Crumpets and Marmite are better.

P.S. Chilli rules... I mean Chilli, not Chilli Con Carne.

Mmmm Marmite :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I bet you don't know what's in my pocket.

A goldfish? Erm, a crumpet? I could be here all day...
  • I bet you don't know what's in my pocket.

A hamster?
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Keep guessing ladies.

• Keep guessing ladies.

Lint?

• Lint?

I bet you don't know what's in my pocket.

is it a badger who has lost his atlas?

a Romanian refugee who smells of disaster?

a river?