I fucking love these peanuts with...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...a crunchy coating over the top (like a cornchip coating); you can get barbeque, sweet chilli, smoked.

Unbelievable.

I also chomped through a whole bag of honey roasted the other night. You can see the evidence too, which is bad.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    if you like those, you gotta try the wasbi flavored almonds

I cannot stop eating them
  • Get_Right wrote:
    if you like those, you gotta try the wasbi flavored almonds

I cannot stop eating them

:eek:

Gotta try those.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

:eek:

Gotta try those.

you have been warned

:)

Your in the UK right?

Tell ya what, you send me some branston pickle and Ill send ya some wasbi almonds!
  • Get_Right wrote:
    you have been warned

:)

Your in the UK right?

Tell ya what, you send me some branston pickle and Ill send ya some wasbi almonds!

:D

Deal.

You want some Marmite too? Got some in the fridge and I hate that shit.

Deal.

NOOOO thanks though!

I just get a craving for an authentic ploughmans lunch once in awhile

or a cheese and pickle baguette

strange a yank craving british food
  • Get_Right wrote:
    NOOOO thanks though!

I just get a craving for an authentic ploughmans lunch once in awhile

or a cheese and pickle baguette

strange a yank craving british food

Not really. I spend most of my waking hours wishing we had a sushi bar on every street corner like the USA.

I find a lot of British food pretty bland but I have an obsession with welsh rarebit. Prizes for guessing what that is.

Not really. I spend most of my waking hours wishing we had a sushi bar on every street corner like the USA.

I find a lot of British food pretty bland but I have an obsession with welsh rarebit. Prizes for guessing what that is.

you are talking to a foodie

cheesy concoction over toast, with a little wine in the cheese

Sushi, now that is something I can talk about for HOURS-I have a serious passion for Japanese food.

my wife is Japanese and we travel there at least once a year
    I live in New York (suburbs of NYC), so we do have a lot of good sushi, and some truly world class places-we are spoiled

British food:
    Well I love traditional pub food (when its good) thats not bland
    And the best Indian food Ive ever had in is London
    and some of those fancy inns in the cotswolds have some delicisous local fare (like local spring lamb/mutton).

Im dying to try the St. John restaurant in London, but I have found a good excuse to go back there in the last three years!

Sorry for the rant-food gets me talking.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    you are talking to a foodie

cheesy concoction over toast, with a little wine in the cheese

Sushi, now that is something I can talk about for HOURS-I have a serious passion for Japanese food.

my wife is Japanese and we travel there at least once a year
    I live in New York (suburbs of NYC), so we do have a lot of good sushi, and some truly world class places-we are spoiled

British food:
    Well I love traditional pub food (when its good) thats not bland
    And the best Indian food Ive ever had in is London
    and some of those fancy inns in the cotswolds have some delicisous local fare (like local spring lamb/mutton).

Im dying to try the St. John restaurant in London, but I have found a good excuse to go back there in the last three years!

Sorry for the rant-food gets me talking.

Food is good. Rant away. We may as well make this the Official Food Thread.

For all lovers of food.

My welsh rarebit doesn't have wine (maybe I should try a little next time) but it does have strong cheddar, eggs, worcestershire sauce, wholegrain mustard and beer.

• :D

Deal.

You hate marmite! :eek: You hater, you! ;)

P.S. Marmite RULES! :)
  • You hate marmite! :eek: You hater, you! ;)

P.S. Marmite RULES! :)

:rolleyes:

I do like some stuff, believe it or not. I don't hate everything.

By the way I just polished off another bag of peanuts. I just cannot control myself.

Food is good. Rant away. We may as well make this the Official Food Thread.

For all lovers of food.

My welsh rarebit doesn't have wine (maybe I should try a little next time) but it does have strong cheddar, eggs, worcestershire sauce, wholegrain mustard and beer.

sounds damn good

other great things in the UK
    BEER AND CHEESE-cheddar and stilton
    give me a boddingtons please

YUM

that marmite is something else, not quite sure how to describe it
    but it does not smell good

tonight is fish night in our house (three nights a week)
    steamed whole red snapper with scallions, ginger, soy and lime
    (might sneak a few chilis in there when the wife is not looking)
  • mmmmmmmmm.

Your wife doesn't like chillis? Not right. Yeah, chuck some in... :D

mmmmmmmmm.

Your wife doesn't like chillis? Not right. Yeah, chuck some in... :D

;)

she likes them, just not too many

You know I will!

Im out for the evening.
    Have a good night, Im sure you are hungry now!
  • Get_Right wrote:
    ;)

she likes them, just not too many

You know I will!

Im out for the evening.
    Have a good night, Im sure you are hungry now!

Have a good one mate.

• Has anyone ever tried Beef Consomme?
    I'm forced to eat this every Christmas at my (inlaws). I hate it so much!
  • Has anyone ever tried Beef Consomme?
    I'm forced to eat this every Christmas at my (inlaws). I hate it so much!

What is it?

I should know what consomme is, been to France a few times.

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Miss Vickie's Sea Salt and Malt Viniger for breakfast

Tim Horton's Hearty Vegetable soup for dinner.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    Miss Vickie's Sea Salt and Malt Viniger for breakfast

Tim Horton's Hearty Vegetable soup for dinner.

Just googled these. Yes, they look good. Mm-hmm. Welcome to the Food Thread.

We Fuckin' Feel like Talking about Food.

• What is it?

I should know what consomme is, been to France a few times.

It's (congeiled) blood. We have it with cream and chives. I hate it SO MUCH!

Every Christmas! Barf!
  • It's (congeiled) blood. We have it with cream and chives. I hate it SO MUCH!

Every Christmas! Barf!

Congealed blood?

Fuck. What happened to good ol' turkey roast?

• Congealed blood?

Fuck. What happened to good ol' turkey roast?

Thank you, THAT'S how you spell it! :o:D
  • Thank you, THAT'S how you spell it! :o:D

Well I mean I THINK it is, I may be wrong...

I should know; I've been in hospital a fair few times, with a fair few dressings for a fair few injuries...

That's why I can't eat black pudding either :D

I watched a german documentary of a Schlachthaus and they made Black Pudding. Absolutely disgusting.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    I watched a german documentary of a Schlachthaus and they made Black Pudding. Absolutely disgusting.

LOL

Disgusting indeed.

• Ahnimus wrote:

I've always heard of blood pudding...never looked into it.

I can't imagine a lot of people eating this. I think it might run a close third to jenkem...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • I've always heard of blood pudding...never looked into it.

I can't imagine a lot of people eating this. I think it might run a close third to jenkem...

Jenkem?

A surprising amount of people eat black pudding. It's a Northern delicacy.

• I've always heard of blood pudding...never looked into it.

It's not the same at all. I understand what you mean but blood pudding is quite traditional in England, although I personally hate it.

I guess it's what you're used to. I personally find a big bowl full of congealed blood with cream over the top, disgusting. :) It tastes horrible! :)
    Here is the video the black pudding is in there somewhere
    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=398987337631624632&q=schlachthaus+duration%3Along&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

It's called Fleisch und Blut (Flesh and Blood)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It's not the same at all. I understand what you mean but blood pudding is quite traditional in England, although I personally hate it.

I guess it's what you're used to. I personally find a big bowl full of congealed blood with cream over the top, disgusting. :) It tastes horrible! :)

I'm eating dinner, and reading this put me off haha.

Now my dinner was tasty though - rice, dal (indian lentils), spinach cooked with onion/tomato, and garlic, and sauteed marinated tofu slices, and Indian lime/mango pickle.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ...a crunchy coating over the top (like a cornchip coating); you can get barbeque, sweet chilli, smoked.

Unbelievable.

I also chomped through a whole bag of honey roasted the other night. You can see the evidence too, which is bad.

Are they Chipnuts? Chipnuts are my favorite thing on the planet when it comes to snack food. They're literally chip covered nuts that come in all the chip flavors. Picards makes 'em. :)