Is NO ONE else drinking tonight??

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I made a bet with a pit member that I could refrain from drinking for 3 whole days. I cannot drink until 00.00 on tuesday therefore :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Me, I am. Just had my first sip....mmmmm.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • I'm gonna miss this place... and this thread *sniff*
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'm gonna miss this place... and this thread *sniff*
    You'll be back. Right?!

Just got my first beer. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm gonna miss this place... and this thread *sniff*

"you can check anytime you like, but you can never leave"

:D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I made a bet with a pit member that I could refrain from drinking for 3 whole days. I cannot drink until 00.00 on tuesday therefore :)

its not like they have a webcam into your home.. you could cheat.

unless i made that bet last night? in which case i cant remember but anyway i DO have a webcam into your home... and anyone who masturbates to The Sky At Night needs help... i still watched though, i'm pretty sure i could see Uranus
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    audiodave wrote:

Me too :D

Cheers Mark... :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • audiodave wrote:
    You'll be back. Right?!

Yeah I'll be back, just gotta spend a few months to sort my shit out.. everything's in flux. Should be in my flat soon and then it's plain sailing.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Me too :D

Cheers Mark... :)

Cheers Sarah.. I've only got orange squash but it's pretty nice. :D

• cutback wrote:
    "you can check anytime you like, but you can never leave"

:D

and you'll never even know whether I did or not... ;)

dunkman wrote:
    its not like they have a webcam into your home.. you could cheat.

unless i made that bet last night? in which case i cant remember but anyway i DO have a webcam into your home... and anyone who masturbates to The Sky At Night needs help... i still watched though, i'm pretty sure i could see Uranus
    Aye but I want to prove I can do it :D Tomorrow is going to be the really tough point. I'm going to be sat in a pub for 2 hours between lectures and I'm not going to drink... :o

about the webcam, I found it. I broke it so I can get back to The Sky at Night in peace :rolleyes:
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Aye but I want to prove I can do it :D Tomorrow is going to be the really tough point. I'm going to be sat in a pub for 2 hours between lectures and I'm not going to drink... :o

There's always the KP nuts.

Cheers Sarah.. I've only got orange squash but it's pretty nice. :D
    Oh yeah....who are you trying to convince...us or yourself?
    There's always the KP nuts.
    I realise how these last two posts of mine must make me sound like an alcoholic. I'm not :o It's just a light-hearted bet. I'll be back on the poison in a few days :D
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I realise how these last two posts of mine must make me sound like an alcoholic. I'm not :o It's just a light-hearted bet. I'll be back on the poison in a few days :D

Haha

'I'm not an alcoholic. I'll be back on the poision in a few days.'

:confused:

Haha

I mean if I was an alcoholic I'd be stopping for good :D
    Haha

Spoken like a true alchie. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Sweet! So looks like we'd have me, you, Jeremy1012, Urbanhippie.. anyone else? There's also Dunkman, Redrock, VV, Pegasus, Fins, Keithos.. I might've forgotten people. Let's see who we can rally up!

If anyone can do a weekend in April (VERY provisional plan so far), PM me :D

*coughs* :( :o

... and at the mo I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Chime wrote:
    *coughs* :( :o

Chime!! Sorry! Haha you up for it?

Chime!! Sorry! Haha you up for it?

Possibly :p
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I realise how these last two posts of mine must make me sound like an alcoholic. I'm not :o It's just a light-hearted bet. I'll be back on the poison in a few days : D

Hair of the dog, sounds like a plan J. :)

Of course you should never listen to me, I am a menace to myself and society in general. :D Least I would be if I could string a coherant thought together. mmmm.....coffee.....please work! :D:o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Chime wrote:
    So you make all that fuss and don't even give a definite answer?! :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Chime wrote:

We're thinking POSSIBLY April, but I have no idea when I'm moving in yet, so... will let you know.

audiodave wrote:
    So you make all that fuss and don't even give a definite answer?! :p

One hasn't been given a definite date yet ... when one is one will consult one's diary :D

You know whether you're coming down in a couple of weeks yet?????
    Chime wrote:
    One hasn't been given a definite date yet ... when one is one will consult one's diary :D

You know whether you're coming down in a couple of weeks yet?????
    I never give definite answers. Always gives me the opportunity to bail if I want to, and then I don't have to break promises.

I may just be evil.

So...maybe. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Jeanie wrote:
    Hair of the dog, sounds like a plan J. :)

Of course you should never listen to me, I am a menace to myself and society in general. :D Least I would be if I could string a coherant thought together. mmmm.....coffee.....please work!
    Hmmm :) it's not a hair of the dog situation. It's a taking a break from the temptations, and subsequent downsides, of alcohol :) just to prove I can and also to recuperate a little :o
    audiodave wrote:
    I never give definite answers. Always gives me the opportunity to bail if I want to, and then I don't have to break promises.

I may just be evil.

You ARE evil Dave, I know..just don't be pulling that weirdo coloured writing shit on me again...freakshow voodoo boy!
  • audiodave wrote:

I may just be evil.

Don't know about evil, but you do sound very female. :D

Dave isn't my real name...

it's David. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I just like to give myself options and never back myself into a corner. Possibly quite female of me...but blame that on the multitude of mothers and sisters I have. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~