Options

Is NO ONE else drinking tonight??

Comments

• Options
    Its really good news :D
    Any ideas on how long things are gonna take to get underway?

Not sure... just had the offer accepted yesterday, but I'm guessing these things usually take a couple of months or so. I'll have a very temporary stop-off at my folks first. :D I'm pretty glad it ended up being this temporary. I love 'em to bits but I wanted to keep my independence.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Not sure... just had the offer accepted yesterday, but I'm guessing these things usually take a couple of months or so. I'll have a very temporary stop-off at my folks first. :D I'm pretty glad it ended up being this temporary. I love 'em to bits but I wanted to keep my independence.
    Think of it as a kind of holiday. A rest period before all the excitement of getting all your own new stuff. And a way to save up for all those cool new things you're gonna put in your fabulous new home. :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Think of it as a kind of holiday. A rest period before all the excitement of getting all your own new stuff. And a way to save up for all those cool new things you're gonna put in your fabulous new home. :D

Gonna have to do loads of artwork for it, fill it up with PJ stuff too....
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Gonna have to do loads of artwork for it, fill it up with PJ stuff too....
    I bet it'll be awesome :)

You need plenty of time to plan that house warming party too :D
    It must be so exciting for you..

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I bet it'll be awesome :)

You need plenty of time to plan that house warming party too :D
    It must be so exciting for you..

Nod nod. So you don't think I'm totally barmy for the housewarming idea? We'd probably get a few from here wouldn't we..

• Options
    Nod nod. So you don't think I'm totally barmy for the housewarming idea? We'd probably get a few from here wouldn't we..
    I'd really hope so.
    There's plenty of people who'd be up for it I reckon. UKers anyway.
    Just tell 'em to bring a bottle and a sleeping bag :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I'd really hope so.
    There's plenty of people who'd be up for it I reckon. UKers anyway.
    Just tell 'em to bring a bottle and a sleeping bag :D

We could stretch it over a weekend for people who have to come further..

• Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    mornin'... :(

aaahh, coffee! :)

...where's my syringe!!??!!
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options

Oooooh! PJ weekender! Now that sounds like a lot of fun! :D
    How many people do you reckon you could fit in that flat? Or will you have to hire a marquee for us to sleep in? :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Oooooh! PJ weekender! Now that sounds like a lot of fun! :D
    How many people do you reckon you could fit in that flat? Or will you have to hire a marquee for us to sleep in? :D

I reckon the lounge is pretty good for a fair few people... There's gonna be a double bed in the 1 room so we'd have to flip a few coins... Or just make sure things go incredibly well for two of us :D And then there's the hall space.. yeah we'd do fine.

• Options
    I reckon the lounge is pretty good for a fair few people... There's gonna be a double bed in the 1 room so we'd have to flip a few coins... Or just make sure things go incredibly well for two of us :D And then there's the hall space.. yeah we'd do fine.
    It's a done deed then :D
    All we need to do now is a great AET diary check to see when this things is gonna happen.
    And a vote for either Scrabble or knitting :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    It's a done deed then :D
    All we need to do now is a great AET diary check to see when this things is gonna happen.
    And a vote for either Scrabble or knitting :D

I really am totally tosh at organising these things. How to get everyone to agree on a date? :confused:

• Options
    I really am totally tosh at organising these things. How to get everyone to agree on a date? :confused:
    You need to know when you're moving in first. Then a couple of weeks to get settled in. Then put it to the vote. The easiest date is the one that the most people can make it to... Or the really important people :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    You need to know when you're moving in first. Then a couple of weeks to get settled in. Then put it to the vote. The easiest date is the one that the most people can make it to... Or the really important people :D

Yep... No point in jumping the gun with these things.

I just put in Avocado. It seems so empty after Sigur Ros. :(

• Options
    Yep... No point in jumping the gun with these things.

I just put in Avocado. It seems so empty after Sigur Ros. :(
    I'm never playing Sigur Ros again when I'm drunk :(
    At least, not if I'm alone and drunk.
    I don't have Avocado anymore :mad:
    I guess Binaural it is then :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I'm never playing Sigur Ros again when I'm drunk :(
    At least, not if I'm alone and drunk.
    I don't have Avocado anymore :mad:
    I guess Binaural it is then :)

I heart Binaural.

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well I'm just warming up! :D

I suppose you lot will all be too hungover and sorry for yerselves to join me? :p
    I'm here...coffee for me though thanks.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Fuck to the yeah. A whole weekend of Pearl Jam and Sigur Ros?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Or Scrabble and knitting?
    :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

So would you be up for it bud? I need to know dates etc. but in the next few weeks I should know something. Probably end up being April/May.

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    So would you be up for it bud? I need to know dates etc. but in the next few weeks I should know something. Probably end up being April/May.
    I would be, if it was April. I pretty much have that month off. :D

If you'd have me, of course.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    *Checks diary* Hmmmm....
    As I have no life, I can safely say that if the day ends in Y I'm probably free. :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I would be, if it was April. I pretty much have that month off. :D

If you'd have me, of course.

Sweet! So looks like we'd have me, you, Jeremy1012, Urbanhippie.. anyone else? There's also Dunkman, Redrock, VV, Pegasus, Fins, Keithos.. I might've forgotten people. Let's see who we can rally up!

If anyone can do a weekend in April (VERY provisional plan so far), PM me :D

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    You know those nights when you just go into the pub to say hi to a few guys and you're only going to drink one or two beers, but then suddenly you find yourself surrounded by metalheads and your rocking out to pantera and the next thing you know you and ten other guys are screaming 'searching, seek and destroy!" And then you wake up and you realize you're supposed to be studying (or working).

I'm going to drink some tea now...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    You know those nights when you just go into the pub to say hi to a few guys and you're only going to drink one or two beers, but then suddenly you find yourself surrounded by metalheads and your rocking out to pantera and the next thing you know you and ten other guys are screaming 'searching, seek and destroy!" And then you wake up and you realize you're supposed to be studying (or working).

I'm going to drink some tea now...

I don't have those nights very often, but yeah, know what you mean :D

• Options
    I don't have those nights very often, but yeah, know what you mean :D

It was so unexpected and ... weird. But I had a wonderful time.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:

It was so unexpected and ... weird. But I had a wonderful time.

Are you from the UK? Can't remember. If so, come to my housewarming! :D

• Options
    Are you from the UK? Can't remember. If so, come to my housewarming! :D

Belgium. I guess I'll have to get drunk here instead! :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    If hangovers were fatal, I'd be a dead man right now. Not even a binger would clear this up. Empty wallet and salsa on last night's shirt, which is still on me, by the way. There's a reason I only get smoked once or twice a month: I can't take the pain the next day. Well, that, and there's always a chance I did something drunkstupid. The Gear Daddies said it best: "I drank so much tonight/ I just feel stupid."
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    sitting here pondering how can i watch the playoff game and not drink some one help please i have a cooler outside with some frosty beers uhmmm ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....