Options

OK so why the fuck can't people be who they say they are?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My ex wife is now with another guy - one of my friends, as it happens. I've said 'Fuck it, you know, he's a good guy, he'll make you happier than I was ever going to.' i.e. I've given them my blessing. You've got to understand that I was so fucking fed up of trying to make someone so high maitenance and full of baggage, happy. So I just told my friend it's not worth losing his friendship over, as well as my wife.

So after weeks and weeks of him and her giving me 'space' (translated as not contactiing me) my friend says hey, we need to clear the air. You need your computer looked at. What time can you get in from work and I'll come over, look at it, hang out. I had the impression he was bringing her with him... whatever. I said if you're still here at 6, we'll hang out.

Just got home. Looking forward to seeing my friend, I don't hold grudges. Looked around. They've both been here, it's obvious. They've turned all the lights off that I'd left on. They've taken one of the double beds, the old computer (not that I mind - I'm on a laptop) and fucked off. And they've left the house an even bigger shit hole than it was in the first place with my atrocious housekeeping skills.

Why the fuck are people NEVER who they claim to be? Friends? Life-long soulmates? Any fucking thing?

Just someone give me some fucking honesty..... Why is there no honesty in this world.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Meh, I wouldn't bother with either of 'em anymore.
    Try not to let them get to you (change the locks).
    Good luck man.
  • Options
    My ex wife is now with another guy - one of my friends, as it happens. I've said 'Fuck it, you know, he's a good guy, he'll make you happier than I was ever going to.' i.e. I've given them my blessing. You've got to understand that I was so fucking fed up of trying to make someone so high maitenance and full of baggage, happy. So I just told my friend it's not worth losing his friendship over, as well as my wife.

So after weeks and weeks of him and her giving me 'space' (translated as not contactiing me) my friend says hey, we need to clear the air. You need your computer looked at. What time can you get in from work and I'll come over, look at it, hang out. I had the impression he was bringing her with him... whatever. I said if you're still here at 6, we'll hang out.

Just got home. Looking forward to seeing my friend, I don't hold grudges. Looked around. They've both been here, it's obvious. They've turned all the lights off that I'd left on. They've taken one of the double beds, the old computer (not that I mind - I'm on a laptop) and fucked off. And they've left the house an even bigger shit hole than it was in the first place with my atrocious housekeeping skills.

Why the fuck are people NEVER who they claim to be? Friends? Life-long soulmates? Any fucking thing?

Just someone give me some fucking honesty.....

That's incredibly fucked up. I'm really sorry.

I don't know you well, but from what I gather, you really seriously deserve better than that. I wish I had an answer for why people can't be who they claim to be...because that question has plagued me throughout my life. I don't.
  • Options
    I'm so at the end of my fucking tether.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    That's appalling! I'm SO sorry! I don't know what else to say.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    People are selfish. Plain and simple. All they care is about themselves. They do not care about who they hurt when it comes to what they want.

Why can't you borrow money from a crab?
    Because he's shellfish.

Sorry.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    I'm so at the end of my fucking tether.
    Did they take your strongbow?
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Just someone give me some fucking honesty..... Why is there no honesty in this world.

You're a better man than I. I would have kicked the shit outta my friend for hooking up with my girl, no matter how high maintenance!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    ask you friend to look at your computer, then when he looks pick it up and smash it in his face...
    HE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!
    I lost a good friend during the 06 tour, he messed around with my girl and then started dating her while I was on a ski vacation in Colorado... I do not talk to this prick anymore, and I could care less about him... Nobody really likes him anymore, which makes me happy!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    Rygar wrote:
    Try not to let them get to you (change the locks).

This is good advice!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    oh, and after you smash the computer in his face, post a picture on here, I'll start up a fund to get you a new computer, and I'll donate to the cause as well!
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    This is good advice!
    Darn tootin'.
    Gotta take some control, stop letting people push you around, and where the fuck is my cider??
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    ask you friend to look at your computer, then when he looks pick it up and smash it in his face...

He's right, Mark. ^^^ I'm really angry now AND really upset.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    shit.

I can't answer your question as to why people aren't always what they say they are..

but I do know this - not all people are like that.

that might sound crappy at the moment but I know you know it's true.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    go to the pub, or wherever you people go to get wasted, get BLOODY WASTED, then go to his place and kick the shit out of him... I'd be willing to bet he was flirting(and possibly fucking) your lady before you guys were officially through...
    KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!!!
  • Options
    Change the locks, and tell them if they ever come into your place and take stuff without talking about it first, or clearing it with you they're f-ed. That's kind of a shithead thing to do. Very disrespectful.

Freaks....dude you're better off. What you're describing sounds similar to someone I used to know.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    shit.

I can't answer your question as to why people aren't always what they say they are..

but I do know this - not all people are like that.

that might sound crappy at the moment but I know you know it's true.

No.. sorry, I don't. I really don't. Not at the moment. The only people I trust are people who'll just stay away and not tell me a fucking thing about themselves. Then we've got something to work with. We're both oblivious and we can get on with it. That's how relationships work isn't it.

• Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    ...just when I thought my life sucked...

Perspective is everything, guys. Hopefully there were no kids (HOPEfully! ?) and you'll be able to move on and recover. Gotta say, revenge may be good short term, but will not really get it done in the end. I'd go the zen route : write a letter, then burn it, along with all your animosity. Sounds gay and fluffy, but it can work. Good luck, dude.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    No.. sorry, I really don't. Not at the moment. The only people I trust are people who'll just stay away and not tell me a fucking thing about themselves. Then we've got something to work with. We're both oblivious and we can get on with it. That's how relationships work isn't it.
    So did they take things that she owned, or were they joint-ownership items? Or even worse, yours?
    Get the cops involved (get that Strongbow into you, already!) Wait...leave the Strongbow till after you call the cops...
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    :eek:
    Are you serious????
    wth is wrong with people.
    And why does she still have keys to your apt.
    They just went in and took stuff???? So was he calling to see that you would not be there and just went in???

Unbelievable...
    I am very sorry that you were treated like that.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm sorry mark....that is some fucked up shit......as roland said, change the locks, lose their numbers and move on.....
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    So did they take things that she owned, or were they joint-ownership items? Or even worse, yours?
    Get the cops involved (get that Strongbow into you, already!) Wait...leave the Strongbow till after you call the cops...

She only took her stuff... I'm more just pissed off that the guy fucking chickened out - completely lost his nerve - before I got home. He said he wanted to 'clear the air with me' but he hasn't even got the fucking knackers to do it without pissing off before I arrive home.

Thanks everyone for the concern. :) It's appreciated, really.

I just don't know who to listen to anymore. It sounds stupid but I'm having such a fucking existential crisis right now. I mean I can't be in a town/country/world that's so horrible to people all the time. All I wanted was to share my life with someone - love them - do what I could for them. And I get shat on. Where is the fucking justice and what place do people like me have on this piece of shit earth.

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170

That's really crossing a line. Fuck, I can't imagine how much it must have taken to give them your blessing and he threw that back in your face. I swear to god, if I was you he'd get a kicking, and I'm not a violent guy. Just know one thing Mark, you are better than them. I know being the good guy feels like shit 99% of them time, I've always known this, but one day things don't work out so well for the assholes of this world.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ah for fuck sake that really is ridiculous! They took one of yer beds?! you seem like a nice dude, if they asked you probably would have let them in to get it, y'know?

I'm really sorry m'dear, tis a shit buzz :(
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Well that's answered your question from earlier.

No present for her! heh heh *nervous laugh*
  • Options
    WOW. :(
    that is beyond sad. you're the bigger/better person harmless. i am continually amazed by ex-wife/husband stories. i cannot imagine loving someone enough to MARRY them, and then treating them so horrifically if the marriage doesn't work.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Bitch!

Okay I totally take back my present comment in another thread, bitch is lucky if she gets a calender.

Not everyone is a shit head. Really.. they though, yes are shit heads.
  • Options
    She only took her stuff... I'm more just pissed off that the guy fucking chickened out - completely lost his nerve - before I got home. He said he wanted to 'clear the air with me' but he hasn't even got the fucking knackers to do it without pissing off before I arrive home.

OK, forget the stuff.
    Forget the guy. Forget the girl.
    Change the locks, move, whatever. You need to distance yourself from these people cause all their doing, and probably ever going to do, is bring you down.
  • Options

Ok, now I'm seeing the situation. In the next day or two, tell her you need the space, and she needs to pick up the remainder of her stuff asap (if she hasn't already). You're not a storage facility (but don't exactly say that...hehe). Just the same, change the locks. It's your place, and you're the boss. They'll make each other miserable soon enough...heh

Chin up.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Damn!! That is seriously effed up.

sounds like what happened to my brother when his wife left (not that he was an angel)> He comes home early from work and she and her family and taking all the furniture, etc.!

HLF---do you have any immediate family close to you?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Damn!! That is seriously effed up.

sounds like what happened to my brother when his wife left (not that he was an angel)> He comes home early from work and she and her family and taking all the furniture, etc.!

HLF---do you have any immediate family close to you?

Yeah. They're being supportive. They're the only people I know right now to be honest.