Options

TATTOO Tomorrow morning!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    ... and so it begins :D

Oh, it most definitely doeth :D

I'm just still surprised how little it hurt.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Oh, it most definitely doeth :D

I'm just still surprised how little it hurt.

Yea!! Congrats on getting inked! You better post a picture!

Haha, yep, you can't stop at just one. ;)

Yeah, the pain isn't so bad; only one of mine hurt A LOT but the rest were okay. Hoorah for harmless! :D
  • Options
    Yea!! Congrats on getting inked! You better post a picture!

Haha, yep, you can't stop at just one. ;)

Yeah, the pain isn't so bad; only one of mine hurt A LOT but the rest were okay. Hoorah for harmless! :D

:D I'll post a picture just as soon as I can get hold of a damn camera.. I don't own one. :(
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    :D I'll post a picture just as soon as I can get hold of a damn camera.. I don't own one. :(

Btw what should I clean my tatt for the first time with? A wipe of some kind? A baby wipe?

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Btw what should I clean my tatt for the first time with? A wipe of some kind? A baby wipe?

nooo baby wipes! use a li'l bit of normal soap (I used liquid soap, less drying), lather it up in yer hands, then gently rub it under running water for a really li'l while. then dab the main moisture off, air dry for a while, pile on the moisturiser (E45/Prep H) and wrap up for the night. You'll find you'll still get the gooey bits on it for a day or two, they'll pretty much wash off by themselves after a day or two. baby wipes will have alcohol on 'em, not good. ETA: After a few days, a quick rub under the shower will do, pat the water off, air dry, stick on cream. You'll get used to it. I'm also a lover of the LITHA method (leave it the hell alone) :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    nooo baby wipes! use a li'l bit of normal soap (I used liquid soap, less drying), lather it up in yer hands, then gently rub it under running water for a really li'l while. then dab the main moisture off, air dry for a while, pile on the moisturiser (E45/Prep H) and wrap up for the night. You'll find you'll still get the gooey bits on it for a day or two, they'll pretty much wash off by themselves after a day or two. baby wipes will have alcohol on 'em, not good. ETA: After a few days, a quick rub under the shower will do, pat the water off, air dry, stick on cream. You'll get used to it. I'm also a lover of the LITHA method (leave it the hell alone) :D

Is shampoo OK rather than soap? I'm out of soap.

• Options
    Is shampoo OK rather than soap? I'm out of soap.

yer out of soap?! :p

hehe, yeah shampoo will be ok for now, just use a tiny bit, latherlatherlather, and pile on the cream when it dries :)

Do ye have any shower gel?

Is the tattoo all gooey?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    yer out of soap?! :p

hehe, yeah shampoo will be ok for now, just use a tiny bit, latherlatherlather, and pile on the cream when it dries :)

Do ye have any shower gel?

Is the tattoo all gooey?

It's kind of shampoo/shower gel in one. Cheap shit. :D

And I don't know yet.. I'll disappear and find out, but by then, it's wash time.. so I'm wringing you dry of information before I go and do it all wrong. :D

• Options
    It's kind of shampoo/shower gel in one. Cheap shit.

you need to get yerself to boots and buy yerself some girly stuff :D Bitta Herbal Essences and Dove stuff, no bother to ye :p Oh god I've turned into such a girl... eww
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    you need to get yerself to boots and buy yerself some girly stuff :D Bitta Herbal Essences and Dove stuff, no bother to ye :p Oh god I've turned into such a girl... eww

Well hopefully this will do for tonight.... :o

• Options
    Well hopefully this will do for tonight.... :o

yeah, you'll be grand. The water will do most of the work, so dunnae panic :) yer tattoo isn't going to fall off just cos ye used dodgy soap :p
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    yeah, you'll be grand. The water will do most of the work, so dunnae panic :) yer tattoo isn't going to fall off just cos ye used dodgy soap :p

It's done.. I washed it as well as I could, despite not being able to reach the bugger too easily. :)

And it looks awesome, as it did in the shop, so everyone can breathe a collective sigh of relief......

No? OK, I can breath a sigh of relief. :D

• Options
    It's done.. I washed it as well as I could, despite not being able to reach the bugger too easily. :)

And it looks awesome, as it did in the shop, so everyone can breathe a collective sigh of relief......

No? OK, I can breath a sigh of relief. :D

No soap??? :eek:

Did you shower today? :p

Well I'm glad you figured something out and it looks good. :D
  • Options
    No soap??? :eek:

Did you shower today? :p

Well I'm glad you figured something out and it looks good. :D

Oh come on.. my hygiene is wonderful. Shampoo/shower gel all in one! It's the way of the future. It's like a microwave oven... Oh crap now I've got Dire Straits in my head.

• Options
    Oh come on.. my hygiene is wonderful. Shampoo/shower gel all in one! It's the way of the future. It's like a microwave oven... Oh crap now I've got Dire Straits in my head.

Boys! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I need to see this tat
    I admit it...what's to say......
    I'll relive it...without pain......
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
  • Options
    I need to see this tat

Aarrrgh, I know, trust me I'm dying to get it up on here.. no camera!! Yet... I'll see what I can do tomorrow... If worst comes to the worst, I'll be at my folks at the weekend and they'll have one. I can upload it there.

• Options
    lol cool, it will be an awesome one.
    I admit it...what's to say......
    I'll relive it...without pain......
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
  • Options
    lol cool, it will be an awesome one.

It's awesome indeed.. I actually can't wait to get a photograph so I can see it in more detail.

• Options
    It's awesome indeed.. I actually can't wait to get a photograph so I can see it in more detail.

Yay! Hope you get to a camera soon! :D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I need to see this tat

yeah me TOO.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    So I'm nearing the end of my second day with my tattoo... Should I be expecting scabbing yet? Because none has appeared.

• Options
    cundall23cundall23 Posts: 105
    So I'm nearing the end of my second day with my tattoo... Should I be expecting scabbing yet? Because none has appeared.

You really don't want it to scab up.
  • Options
    cundall23 wrote:
    You really don't want it to scab up.

I've been told by many people that it does... and I don't pick it or scratch it; when the scab's gone, it's healed. Have I been misinformed? At the moment I've got a perfectly nice, clean tattoo after 2 days and I'm wondering what healing needs to be done.. if any?

• Options
    cundall23cundall23 Posts: 105
    I've been told by many people that it does... and I don't pick it or scratch it; when the scab's gone, it's healed. Have I been misinformed? At the moment I've got a perfectly nice, clean tattoo after 2 days and I'm wondering what healing needs to be done.. if any?

You might get a little "crust". It will peel like a sunburn as it heals. Just keep it moist with whatever (I've always used vitamin a+d ointment) and it will be fine.
  • Options
    cundall23 wrote:
    You might get a little "crust". It will peel like a sunburn as it heals. Just keep it moist with whatever (I've always used vitamin a+d ointment) and it will be fine.

Cool, yeah I guess that's what was meant.. thanks.

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

it CAN, but it may not. my one and only tattoo did NOT scab/peel/crust or anything remotely like any of that. i used A&D oinment as well, wonderful...and no issues. i have my tat a little over 4 years now, and still lookin' good! :)

enjoy and post pics! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Congrats Harmless :D
    Has the addiction began yet? I reckon by now you'll have the next three or four all planned out :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09