Options

TATTOO Tomorrow morning!!

Comments

• Options
    zenith wrote:
    hey - if you do go for between the blades - be prepared - im not adverse to pain, but my god that spot hurts more than anything ive ever been thru (including childbirth sans-drugs)

so ... take a stick to bite on ;)

Whatever happens I don't think I'll go for a central back tattoo.. It'll be further towards the left or right.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    zenith wrote:
    hey - if you do go for between the blades - be prepared - im not adverse to pain, but my god that spot hurts more than anything ive ever been thru (including childbirth sans-drugs)

so ... take a stick to bite on ;)

I have one between the shoulder blades and it doesn't really hurt. If you have a good tattoo artist, tattooing is not really painful. (Oh.. and I've also been through childbirth without drugs... now THAT is pain!).

If you're having the labyrinth HLF, I would see it quite biggish, top of the back/over shoulder blade, leftish (heart side!).

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!! :D
  • Options
    :D Aaaarrrgh I can't wait. :D
    It's spirituality-related and loosely based on Pearl Jam. It's a Labyrinth, which has a double meaning because it's also a 'long road' :) Seems quite apt.

Good luck! sounds like a nice idea.... want pics!!

I should at least be having my next PJ tatt started soon, gonna take some serious work though.... a full colour Do The Evo vid half sleeve :cool:

Also have both wrists and my chest planned out with PJ tatts :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    if i ever get one, this is the place for me
    http://www.hankypankysthehangout.nl/
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Get a tattoo on your knob, saying THIS WAY UP. If ever I got a tattoo, that's what I'd have. :cool:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I have one between the shoulder blades and it doesn't really hurt. If you have a good tattoo artist, tattooing is not really painful. (Oh.. and I've also been through childbirth without drugs... now THAT is pain!).

If you're having the labyrinth HLF, I would see it quite biggish, top of the back/over shoulder blade, leftish (heart side!).

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!! :D

THE DEED IS DONE..... It was fine, not painful... kind of like a sustained blood test.

It's beautiful work; top of the back, left shoulder blade. I'll get it up here when it's healed. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    THE DEED IS DONE..... It was fine, not painful... kind of like a sustained blood test.

It's beautiful work; top of the back, left shoulder blade. I'll get it up here when it's healed. :D

Cool! But we want a pic now... see how well your artist did!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Cool! But we want a pic now... see how well your artist did!

I need to go out and get some cling film and Preparation H.... It's the aftercare I'm worried about.... It would've been nice to have the wife to take care of the constant moisturise/clingflim/all that malarkey, let's see if I can reach it myself :D

• Options
    I need to go out and get some cling film and Preparation H.... It's the aftercare I'm worried about.... It would've been nice to have the wife to take care of the constant moisturise/clingflim/all that malarkey, let's see if I can reach it myself :D

Use bepanthen instead of prep H its so much better.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Use bepanthen instead of prep H its so much better.

Na-ah... you want Tattoo Goo... that stuff's awesome and natural, avaliable in small lip balm like tins and tubes, if your tattooist's any good they'll stock it. Bout £5. :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Of course :D

Nope, I'm pretty sold on the shoulder blade.... no more indecision... I'm not sure how much I like chest tats.

I think :o

YEAH! Get it on your chest! That would look so cool!

...Just kidding.
  • Options
    YEAH! Get it on your chest! That would look so cool!

...Just kidding.

LOL

Yeah I dunno, chest tats look to me as if someone's just been landed upon by a giant free-falling stamp. :D

Edit: The Prep H will have to be OK, cus I couldn't find any tattoo goo... or Bepanthen.

My main question: the guy said keep it covered in cling film, but most people tell me don't bother... air it as much as possible. Who's right?

• Options
    My main question: the guy said keep it covered in cling film, but most people tell me don't bother... air it as much as possible. Who's right?

Don't keep it covered.... it DOES need air - like any wound - to heal. Just be careful of the type of clothes you wear next to your skin, ie no fuzzy jumper, etc.

Cover with cling film for in the shower if you have a tendency to take longer ones. You don't want water to soak in your your tat and the scab that will form.

Prep H is fine - a very fine coat over the tat (gently!). Just needs to shine - no need to slap it on.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Don't keep it covered.... it DOES need air - like any wound - to heal. Just be careful of the type of clothes you wear next to your skin, ie no fuzzy jumper, etc.

Cover with cling film for in the shower if you have a tendency to take longer ones. You don't want water to soak in your your tat and the scab that will form.

Prep H is fine - a very fine coat over the tat (gently!). Just needs to shine - no need to slap it on.

He also said to bathe it once in warm water tonight but alarm bells rang when he said that.....

• Options
    redrock wrote:

I always keep mine covered for a day or two, just to make sure they dont dry out and not getting iritated by clothing rubbing against them.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001

He also said to bathe it once in warm water tonight but alarm bells rang when he said that.....

haha... it is a strange feeling to get used to.... when you actually realize that you can get it wet, and it isn't going to wash off! ;)

yes, you can wash it with some warm water, and keep it coated in cream (i think i just used an unscented moisturizer, like Lubriderm)...

don't scratch or pick!! :p
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    haha... it is a strange feeling to get used to.... when you actually realize that you can get it wet, and it isn't going to wash off! ;)

yes, you can wash it with some warm water, and keep it coated in cream (i think i just used an unscented moisturizer, like Lubriderm)...

don't scratch or pick!! :p

Not going to scratch or pick, it'll be fine. :D

I couldn't find unscented stuff... is this a big deal?

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i remember keeping clingfilm on til i got home about 10 hours after my tat and panicking when i looked and all i could see was black ink all over my arm under the film. i thought i'd broken my tattoo

it takes a while to get used to the fact that it aint comin off:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    i remember keeping clingfilm on til i got home about 10 hours after my tat and panicking when i looked and all i could see was black ink all over my arm under the film. i thought i'd broken my tattoo

it takes a while to get used to the fact that it aint comin off:)

LOL yeah one of my friends just saw it and said 'dude, it's covered in ink.' But when the tattooist had finished it was beautiful, so in a couple of hours... rinse, dab... and the moment of truth. :eek:

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    so in a couple of hours... rinse, dab... and the moment of truth. :eek:

Those were the exact directions for my, err a friend of mines "unit" pump.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Those were the exact directions for my, err a friend of mines "unit" pump.

LOL... Maybe I should've put it in the 'Things that sound dirty but aren't' thread.

• Options
    Too late for that. The bathing in very hot water (as hot as you can stand it) is as soon as you get home. That is the only time your tat will soak in water until it is healed. Apparently, when you do that, your body sees it as a second aggression and will release more of those little healing things whatever they are called. It seems it will activate and accelerate the healing process.
    I couldn't find unscented stuff... is this a big deal?
    Yes. The perfume is an irritant. Get a basic emmolient (sp?). At superdrug you can get an unbranded tub for a few pounds which is lovely - used on babies too. E45 contains lanolin which may also irritate some people, so avoid that.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Too late for that. The bathing in very hot water (as hot as you can stand it) is as soon as you get home. That is the only time your tat will soak in water until it is healed. Apparently, when you do that, your body sees it as a second aggression and will release more of those little healing things whatever they are called. It seems it will activate and accelerate the healing process.

Oh crap... Was it bad that I didn't do it then? :o And should I not do the warm water thing tonight?

• Options
    Nah.. it's not bad that you didn't do it. Not many people do - it's a traditional japanese thing. Just clean yours gently without too much water.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Nah.. it's not bad that you didn't do it. Not many people do - it's a traditional japanese thing. Just clean yours gently without too much water.

OK cool :)

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    well done on getting the tattoo *high five* :D

So, whats your second idea? There's always another after the 1st ;)

Also, I know that yer getting a lot of instructions about how to heal, what creams to use, water/no water etc... you'll find a method that'll work well for you. :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    well done on getting the tattoo *high five* :D

So, whats your second idea? There's always another after the 1st ;)

Also, I know that yer getting a lot of instructions about how to heal, what creams to use, water/no water etc... you'll find a method that'll work well for you. :)

My second idea? Well I want to extent the one I've got.. got some ideas for thorns around it, which will make the circle larger. :cool:

Otherwise, I'm going for the PJ 5 elements design in some form. :D And yeah, there'll be a second... probably a third... and I kinda want to get a sleeve done.

• Options
    did you gt it? did i miss something on this thread??
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    did you gt it? did i miss something on this thread??

LOL yeah I got it... this morning. I said a few posts back.

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    My second idea? Well I want to extent the one I've got.. got some ideas for thorns around it, which will make the circle larger. :cool:

Otherwise, I'm going for the PJ 5 elements design in some form. :D And yeah, there'll be a second... probably a third... and I kinda want to get a sleeve done.

... and so it begins :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!