Options

TATTOO Tomorrow morning!!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
:D Aaaarrrgh I can't wait. :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Oooh! have someone take pictures to show us!

Good luck!
  • Options
    cool..is it PJ related??
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    cool..is it PJ related??

It's spirituality-related and loosely based on Pearl Jam. It's a Labyrinth, which has a double meaning because it's also a 'long road' :) Seems quite apt.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    It's spirituality-related and loosely based on Pearl Jam. It's a Labyrinth, which has a double meaning because it's also a 'long road' :) Seems quite apt.
    cool.

take a picture

• Options
    cool.

take a picture

Will do :D Someone'll have to give me a crash course in uploading though. :o

• Options
    Will do :D Someone'll have to give me a crash course in uploading though. :o
    oh jesus.........:D

• Options
    Oooh! have someone take pictures to show us!

Good luck!

Thanks Gray, and will do...

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Ooooh! Good Luck! :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Ooooh! Good Luck! :D

BUMP :D

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Good luck man.

Don't wanna put a downer on it, but please make sure you're REALLY ready. I nearly got one last year, and I do want one, but i'm glad I didn't get it done where I was thinking.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Good luck man.

Don't wanna put a downer on it, but please make sure you're REALLY ready. I nearly got one last year, and I do want one, but i'm glad I didn't get it done where I was thinking.
    WHERE were you thinking!!??

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    WHERE were you thinking!!??

I want to know that too..

• Options
    I want to know that too..
    Not where you're thinking! On my wrist.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Not where you're thinking! On my wrist.

Well because mine's a circular tattoo, I need a flat part of the body.. therefore I'm going for a shoulder blade. But left? Right? Haven't decided yet..

• Options
    I have mine on my right shoulder. It's good but the problem is I can only see it in the mirror. I forget it's there :(
    I catch a glimpse of it in the shower and think 'whats that?'
    I like my tattoo and I wish i'd had it somewhere I could see it.

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I have mine on my right shoulder. It's good but the problem is I can only see it in the mirror. I forget it's there :(
    What you got?

See that was my problem. I want to get one somewhere I can see it...but somewhere other people can't unless I show them. And once again...NOT what you were thinking.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options

I had this thought as well... It'll be fine for people who like looking at my back (which happens from time to time), but maybe I want to be able to see it myself.

Maybe I should go for off the shoulder towards the front/chest?

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I had this thought as well... It'll be fine for people who like looking at my back (which happens from time to time), but maybe I want to be able to see it myself.

Well you had better decided soon Mr.! :p

How exciting! I remember going to get my first tattoo, now I am waiting to get number 4. (I always wait at least 2 years to make sure I really want that design and location, although the first two I knew I wanted a lot longer. I think I will be done after number 4 though).

Take pics! Yea!! :D
  • Options
    Well you had better decided soon Mr.! :p

How exciting! I remember going to get my first tattoo, now I am waiting to get number 4. (I always wait at least 2 years to make sure I really want that design and location, although the first two I knew I wanted a lot longer. I think I will be done after number 4 though).

Take pics! Yea!! :D

Of course :D

Nope, I'm pretty sold on the shoulder blade.... no more indecision... I'm not sure how much I like chest tats.

I think :o

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

Nope, I'm pretty sold on the shoulder blade.... no more indecision... I'm not sure how much I like chest tats.

Heehee. I vote for shoulder blade. But it is your body and decision! :D

Have fun! :D
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    audiodave wrote:
    What you got?

See that was my problem. I want to get one somewhere I can see it...but somewhere other people can't unless I show them. And once again...NOT what you were thinking.

i never get this idea from people - why would you want a tattoo if you want to cover it up??
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options

See that's what I mean. I decided on mine. Thought about it for months. Then changed my mind. I think I want one on the top of my chest now though. I can see it but most other people can't.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options

... if you are really that undecided, you should be waiting and thinking on this - once its on its there for life, and theres nothing worse than regreting.

mine - location and design - were all decided months beforehand. All except my first, which i regret. so learn.
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    See that's what I mean. I decided on mine. Thought about it for months. Then changed my mind. I think I want one on the top of my chest now though. I can see it but most other people can't.

I've wanted this tattoo for a year... so the thought's been put in, don't you worry mate.

But the placement of it will cause me nightmares until I walk into the shop and say 'there'....

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656

YES, that might work :) even better than between the shoulderblades...
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    I've wanted this tattoo for a year... so the thought's been put in, don't you worry mate.

But the placement of it will cause me nightmares until I walk into the shop and say 'there'....

That's ok then. Just didn't want you to do something you would regret. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    That's ok then. Just didn't want you to do something you would regret. :)

Been there a million times talking with friends and family, no worries ;) I've made sure I've chosen a design which will still be significant to me when I'm 80.

• Options
    Linda wrote:
    YES, that might work :) even better than between the shoulderblades...

Arrgh.... Did anyone ever tell you you're a spanner in the works?

LOL :D

• Options
    Arrgh.... Did anyone ever tell you you're a spanner in the works?

LOL :D

hey - if you do go for between the blades - be prepared - im not adverse to pain, but my god that spot hurts more than anything ive ever been thru (including childbirth sans-drugs)

so ... take a stick to bite on ;)