Bob Ross

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
What a very entertaining charlatan!

'This little happy tree needs a happy little friend'

Pffft!

I'm done now. :)
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Pffft!

His fro was magically delicious.
  • SwanSwan Posts: 350
    why is he a charlatan?
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I love to use his soft tone when speaking just as I am doing right now while typing aahhhhh :D
    That guy must have smoked some big doobee's before each show.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    I wonder if he got laid like mad, just cause he was on TV.

Can you imagine his "pillow talk"?
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I wonder if he got laid like mad, just cause he was on TV.

Can you imagine his "pillow talk"?

Spoken in a soft tone....."oh yes, I am going to give you a happy little orgasam. You have a breath taking hiney".
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    Spoken in a soft tone....."oh yes, I am going to give you a happy little orgasam. You have a breath taking hiney".

lol
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Happy Little Clouds.....

that dude was such a stoner!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263

LFMAO!!!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." -Bob
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." -Bob

I'm sure that will console all his illegitimate children
  • He always dropped the 'th' from the word 'that'.

'Like 'at.'

It was annoying.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    nothing better than snoozing on the couch with this on the tele.
    I love to turn you on
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756

Pffft!

Why are you referring to him as a charlatan?
    He was a beautiful and peaceful soul.
    I love this:
    http://www.atr-lang.com/data/media/1/bob_ross_csg002_blue_moon.jpg

I would hang out there.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I always heard that there was an episode where he had a Vietnam flashback and kind of drifted off into crazy world for about 15 seconds.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Why are you referring to him as a charlatan?
    He was a beautiful and peaceful soul.
    I love this:
    http://www.atr-lang.com/data/media/1/bob_ross_csg002_blue_moon.jpg

I would hang out there.

'Charlatan' was a bit of a joke. But he did have nations duped into thinking that his stuff was highly skilled art. It wasn't, it was based on a few simple techniques and, more importantly, the right tools.

'Charlatan' was a bit of a joke. But he did have nations duped into thinking that his stuff was highly skilled art.

All his stuff is hanging in the lobby of every Motel 6 I've ever been to.
    'it was based on a few simple techniques and, more importantly, the right tools.

Sounds like you've been spying in my bedroom, harmless_little_f***.
  • All his stuff is hanging in the lobby of every Motel 6 I've ever been to.

:D

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    All his stuff is hanging in the lobby of every Motel 6 I've ever been to.

Motel 6 has a lobby?
    Never been.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • All his stuff is hanging in the lobby of every Motel 6 I've ever been to.

I'm not sure whose theory you're trying to prove here. :D

I'm not sure whose theory you're trying to prove here. :D

Obviously it's good stuff...probably nailed to the wall so nobody walks out with it.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Motel 6 has a lobby?
    Never been.
    same here....well i've been to a motel 6 once, but i wasn't paying attention to the lobby lol

and he is *far* from a charlatan. sure his stuff won't hang in the met or the louvre, but he was able to make a gorgeous painting in 30 minutes. and he inspired folks to paint, and just to see what the act of painting is like. was a relaxing show to watch :)

for those dismissing it, ask yourself if you could do it better. and after you do that, shut yer trap lol
  • Obviously it's good stuff...probably nailed to the wall so nobody walks out with it.

To do what... sell it on E-bay cus it's Bob Ross?

Nup. Still not sure... :confused:

• OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I loved watching him as a kid, it would mellow me out.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Bob Ross was a fantastic teacher, and he did the world wonders to introduce a whole bunch of people to painting... OK? But he wasn't a brilliant painter. He was a decent painter.

same here....well i've been to a motel 6 once, but i wasn't paying attention to the lobby lol

I see, you were working as a "ceiling inspector" that day? :)
    Bob Ross was a fantastic teacher, and he did the world wonders to introduce a whole bunch of people to painting... OK? But he wasn't a brilliant painter. He was a decent painter.

decent painter does not equal charlatan though. charlatan implies he faked it or something. and it looked like he was painting, pretty sure :p
    I see, you were working as a "ceiling inspector" that day? :)
    perhaps :D actually it was a whirlwind drug fueled road trip so bob ross could ahve been in the lobby dressed like a dragon painting and i wouldn't have even noticed :o lol
    To do what... sell it on E-bay cus it's Bob Ross?

Nup. Still not sure... :confused:

To me his stuff just looks like a million other paintings of landscapes that you see in every Dr's/lawyer's/dentist's office

Just throwin' a little failed sarcasm out there.
    perhaps :D actually it was a whirlwind drug fueled road trip so bob ross could ahve been in the lobby dressed like a dragon painting and i wouldn't have even noticed :o lol[/quote]

Whoah.... sweet.
    perhaps :D actually it was a whirlwind drug fueled road trip so bob ross could ahve been in the lobby dressed like a dragon painting and i wouldn't have even noticed :o lol

Whoah.... sweet.[/quote]
    i *had* to have been altered to think it was a good idea to get into the hot tub at a motel 6...like fuck i'd do that now haha
  • To me his stuff just looks like a million other paintings of landscapes that you see in every Dr's/lawyer's/dentist's office

Just throwin' a little failed sarcasm out there.

Oh no it wasn't failed sarcasm, it was good - I wondered if you were very subtly trying to say his stuff was generic. I'd agree - nicely played. :p