What do your co-workers do that annoys

13»

Comments

• worlieworlie Posts: 64
    I only have one coworker. God save me from her. God keep me from seriously harming her.

Listens to country in her office. loudly. gets annoyed when i have regular music on.

Talks so loudly, I have recorded it for others to hear because they dont believe me.

Makes twice what I do, for half the work, and talks about it. ALL THE TIME.

KNOWS IT ALL. I swear if I came in a said there was a unicorn flying over the building, she would say "Yeah, I saw it, I already knew it was there"

Has horrible foot in mouth disease. Will say whatever spew comes into her mind.

Is a hyprochondriac and hysteric. Has every illness known to man, and supposed back pain that she complains about to everyone, including customers, clients, people down the hallway, people who work for other businesses in our building.

Has convinced doctors that she has pain and is addicted to oxycontin, hydrocodone, etc. Talks a LOT more when she is hopped up on the meds.

Thinks she is my boss, acts like my boss, reports me for anything she can think of (I didnt pick up a package from the main office, I didnt refer someone to her, I took longer than an hour for lunch) even though she isnt my boss and has no authority.
    i knelt and emptied the mouth of every PUG around...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
  • the shit out of you?

I'll start.....

1. hold a fuckin cup of tea/coffee in two hands like they're sat in the freezing cold outside, or drink coffee out of a coffee cup with a lid on like a baby would drink from a baby beaker.

I just caught myself doing this and started to laugh! I even had a wee private conversation with myself which went a little something like:

Me: "why are you holding your cup like that?
    Me: "'cause it's cold out."
    Me: "but it's not cold in your office!"
    Me: "why, by golly, you're right."

haha.

This thread has taught me that I might be equally as annoying to others as they are to me! I doubt it, but the possibility is there! Haha.

At the very least, I've learned I might be crazy.
  • I just caught myself doing this and started to laugh! I even had a wee private conversation with myself which went a little something like:

Me: "why are you holding your cup like that?
    Me: "'cause it's cold out."
    Me: "but it's not cold in your office!"
    Me: "why, by golly, you're right."

haha.

This thread has taught me that I might be equally as annoying to others as they are to me! I doubt it, but the possibility is there! Haha.

At the very least, I've learned I might be crazy.
    well if you're using phrases like 'why by golly' I think you should at least consult a psychiatrist.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • well if you're using phrases like 'why by golly' I think you should at least consult a psychiatrist.

Haha. Yup, I totally agree. I have serious issues this morning! :)
  • Haha. Yup, I totally agree. I have serious issues this morning! :)
    :D And I just realised I actually posted something without a smilie :eek: I'm so glad you took it lightly :p

I talk to myself quite frequently :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :D And I just realised I actually posted something without a smilie :eek: I'm so glad you took it lightly :p

I talk to myself quite frequently :o

Haha - I do not get offended easily. I think we have similar senses of humor! :)
  • Haha - I do not get offended easily. I think we have similar senses of humor! :)
    and evidently similar psychological disorders :eek: :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my co-worker simply 'exists'.. that annoys me
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • We've got four staff members who are leaving this year so we had a fairwell meal for all of them today. One of my coworkers is famous for breaking out into song on these occassions, and she forced us to sing a rendition of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' for each one of them. I don't think she realises how embarrassing everyone finds it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • I absolutely hate that "shuffling" noise on the carpet as someone strolls by my desk because they don't know how to pick their feet up when they walk. It drives me crazy. I also don't like the constant complaining from one coworker.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • I have a cowoker that smells awful. Like stale farts. She also has this nervous laugh she lets out after every other sentence. Holy annoying, batman!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    worlie wrote:
    I only have one coworker. God save me from her. God keep me from seriously harming her.

Listens to country in her office. loudly. gets annoyed when i have regular music on.

Talks so loudly, I have recorded it for others to hear because they dont believe me.

KNOWS IT ALL. I swear if I came in a said there was a unicorn flying over the building, she would say "Yeah, I saw it, I already knew it was there"

Is a hyprochondriac and hysteric. Has every illness known to man, and supposed back pain that she complains about to everyone, including customers, clients, people down the hallway, people who work for other businesses in our building.

Has convinced doctors that she has pain and is addicted to oxycontin, hydrocodone, etc. Talks a LOT more when she is hopped up on the meds.

Thinks she is my boss, acts like my boss, reports me for anything she can think of (I didnt pick up a package from the main office, I didnt refer someone to her, I took longer than an hour for lunch) even though she isnt my boss and has no authority.

I can't stand Country music....how do you handle it? I'd have to wear some damn earplugs...YUCK!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I work with a ton of super nice people. I really can't complain about any of them in a bad way. There is this one girl (who is super sweet and not in a fake kinda way) but her clothes are just about 2 sizes too small. It seriously looks uncomfortable (in a camel toe sorta way) I've only been there about a year and I gather that she has lost a few pounds but honestly, she'd look so much better in clothes that had some room in them. I guess it really isn't my problem and I should just let her be........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • worlie wrote:

I had a summer once job ages ago in a warehouse where all day long they had a country FM station playing out of various radios throughout the place. One day I couldn't take it anymore it, so I changed all the stations to a contemporary soft rock channel, hoping (praying it would stick for a bit) ....boy was I wrong....they f-ing FREAKED out big time! They went on a rampage interrogating everyone to find out who did it. I lied my ass off, and got a huge kick out of it.

Honestly looking back...what a pathetic bunch of nobody losers.

In your case though, I would seriously f-ck a person up if they started ratting on me for the trivial issues you describe. It wouldn't be pretty at all..hehe... :D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    worlie wrote:

Country music not that's brutal. I have one coworker who wants to do EVERYTHING. As if to impress her boss or that nobody else can get the job done better than her. A bit nosy and becomes jealous if any recognition or monies that comes my way.

With all she still has a good heart though, I think she's just lonely and could use a good man in her life.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I like most of my co-workers....

But the phrase, "at the end of the day" has become an epidemic. EVERY single work related discussion, problem solving session, or negotiation includes this saying at least three/four times....sometimes in rapid succession.

"well, at the end of the day, if we do this..."
    "right, but at the end of the day, if we do THIS...."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Licking their fingers to separate papers and then hand you one. All I can focus on is that wet fucking fingerprint on the sheet.

rottenecard_55865670_4v99mb3xjg.png
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I don't work directly with any co-workers as I work from home.
    At my last job...

Muffins and muffin crumbs!

:)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A co worker that walks into your office eating a slice of pizza...drips grease on your desk...and then leaves his uneaten crust in the trash can next to my desk that I make clear is for paper or office supplies only. No food. :x
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    'Reply All' when 'Reply' would've done the trick.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    eat their smelly cambodian chicken foot lunch in a confined space
  • I've got a co worker who is Jewish that likes to sing Xmas songs all year round. Silver Bells in June in Florida is just not right.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    dankind wrote:
    'Reply All' when 'Reply' would've done the trick.
    Yeah, that one is def annoying!!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    right now, there is a guy clipping his damn nails. Self grooming is meant for home!! Do it there!! Not in the damn office :x