OCD-ish habits.........

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
What are you're things that could be considered a little OCD-ish??

I'll start

1. After drying cutlery i HAVE to put things away in knife fork spoon little spoon order.
2. When watching tv the cupboard that the tv sits on HAS to have both doors open at the same angle.
3. When tearing toilet paper off i CANT leave it unless its perfectly along the tear (no little tufts).
4. When walking up stairs/steps my right foot HAS to be the one to get to the top first.
5. When filling in my stat sheet at work i CANT stand up and leave my desk if im on number 13 in the column (no matter what).
6. Im not allowed to eat my dinner at work unless its gone 12.40pm (no matter how hungry i am).
7. When my wife is working nights i HAVE to lay the teddies/toys on the bed in the same place EVERY night.

Im sure theres more but that'll do for now ;)
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Are you a man? If so, do you want to move in with me? ;) You sound very tidy.

I hate doors being left open and I bite my lip.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Are you a man? If so, do you want to move in with me? ;) You sound very tidy.

I hate doors being left open and I bite my lip.

even if im eating the best tea in the world, if that tv cabinet has odd doors open ive got to get up and put them right OR god knows what would happen :D
  • even if im eating the best tea in the world, if that tv cabinet has odd doors open ive got to get up and put them right OR god knows what would happen :D

I think that's called an OCD. :eek: :o:) oh sorry. misread the title! :eek:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i dont have OCD but i imagine it must be awful :(

p.s. i nearly forgot to do my p.s. on every post thing
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I have to double-check that my alarm clock is set to the right time and turned on...

ok sometimes I triple-check it.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    The only thing i have is i gotta pick my nose at a 45 degree angle :D It is only minor. Just kidding
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm just checking my 1st post is still on this thread... phew .. it is!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135

I'll start

1. After drying cutlery i HAVE to put things away in knife fork spoon little spoon order.
    2. When watching tv the cupboard that the tv sits on HAS to have both doors open at the same angle.
    3. When tearing toilet paper off i CANT leave it unless its perfectly along the tear (no little tufts).
    4. When walking up stairs/steps my right foot HAS to be the one to get to the top first.
    5. When filling in my stat sheet at work i CANT stand up and leave my desk if im on number 13 in the column (no matter what).
    6. Im not allowed to eat my dinner at work unless its gone 12.40pm (no matter how hungry i am).
    7. When my wife is working nights i HAVE to lay the teddies/toys on the bed in the same place EVERY night.

I though I had some OCDish habits (my hubby calls me Monica) but reading your list I think I'm OK ;) i'm just tidy by nature... :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • When in the cinema or on a bus/plane/train I have to have an aisle seat if i'm on my own. I can't have people I don't know sitting next to me or in my personal space, I have panic attacks.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Saturnal wrote:
    I have to double-check that my alarm clock is set to the right time and turned on...

ok sometimes I triple-check it.
    i'm fucking horrible about that too!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    hmmm seems im a "little more" affected by this ocd plight than most people on here :o
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    I count the number of stairs, but only when I’m going up them.

The toilet paper has to be facing the right way before I start my business

I have to lie on my right hand side when I first go to sleep.

I’m sure I have more.
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I alphabatize things. CDs, DVDs, books...

I also check, recheck, recheck, etc. my alarm clock.
  • Hmm... SOMETIMES (pretty rarely, I used to do it all the time though) I count steps... but in 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 kinda order. I used to have it pretty bad... had to walk over cracks with my right foot :D I always start up steps with my right foot too.

I'm not too bad if the place is UNTIDY... but if the place is tidy and there's one little tiny thing out of place I just have to get up and fix it cos otherwise I'll just be sitting there looking at it and thinking how out of place it is :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Hmm... SOMETIMES (pretty rarely, I used to do it all the time though) I count steps... but in 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 kinda order.

oh yeah i forgot that one, im often counting footsteps too..........whats the fuckin idea of that???? :confused:
  • oh yeah i forgot that one, im often counting footsteps too..........whats the fuckin idea of that???? :confused:
    I have no idea... but it's not always in 1-5, it could be 1-10 or it could have to be in even numbers :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    after setting my alarm clock i need to re-check it a gazillion times :eek:
    wah
  • I too can't stand having doors open. Not a closet door or anything. I always check for my keys like three times. Haha I even check to make sure I haven't lost my earrings once I put my headphones on. I have other little things I do too. I prefer to call them quirks :p
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    hmmm seems im a "little more" affected by this ocd plight than most people on here :o

nah, don't think so. :D my entire nature for order is OCD. even in the dishwasher i divide the cutlery by type, to make it easier/faster to put away when emptied. all glasses/dishes/cups/mugs...arranged perfectly in the cupboards. folded clothes arranged neatly, divided by color on the shelves in the closet....clothes hung in shirt/trousers/skirts/dresses/jackets order....etc, etc. i am BIG on being orderly - VERY much so, and am the same at work too. i am an uber-organized person and could probably tell you where just about any object is located in my home, or in my cube at work. it's just my nature. :p

btw - i cannot go to bed without all the throwpillows on the couch being arranged perfectly/fluffed....nor can i leave in the morning without the bed being made. honestly, the list goes on and on. no, it's not like i will freak out if any remain undone, or not to my liking...but it would annoy me, or start off in a foul mood, whatever. disorder irritates me, i find a neat/organized environment very soothing, and thus how i prefer to live.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    ...I have too many to post!!!

:(

I'm fucked up!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    anytime i have a pain.....i think of the worst outcome the pain could be.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I trim my fingernails and cuticles everyday. Even if there's only a nanometer of nail growth.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The only I can think of is when I'm leaving the house for a trip, I always think I left something on, or plugged in, and I'll go back in to check. So now, when I'm leaving I make it a point to check and pay attention to the fact that I'm checking the iron is off, the stove is off, water turned off etc... before I leave.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

I'll start

gosh they have medicines (like Paxil) for this type of condition!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    JaneNY wrote:
    The only I can think of is when I'm leaving the house for a trip, I always think I left something on, or plugged in, and I'll go back in to check. So now, when I'm leaving I make it a point to check and pay attention to the fact that I'm checking the iron is off, the stove is off, water turned off etc... before I leave.

that's good as long as you don't check 4 times like my neighbor used to
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    gosh they have medicines (like Paxil) for this type of condition!

hee hee i kind of like "having" to do these things though, its become part of me :)

oh yeah, and when im leaving the house i always feel in my pocket for my key, then when i open the door i stand outside and hold the key up in front of me so i know for definite that i have it :o
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    hee hee i kind of like "having" to do these things though, its become part of me :)

oh yeah, and when im leaving the house i always feel in my pocket for my key, then when i open the door i stand outside and hold the key up in front of me so i know for definite that i have it :o

Don't you worry hon.. me and someone else I know on here have a very similar and probably longer list than yours. It just takes us a little longer to get things done, but we're still ok :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Don't you worry hon.. me and someone else I know on here have a very similar and probably longer list than yours. It just takes us a little longer to get things done, but we're still ok :)

get em listed!!!!!!! :D
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

I do that with my keys too.
    I also never lock or unlock my car with the key - only with the remote.
  • I used to have OCDish habits when I was younger but I seemed to have grown out of them. Does anyone know why certain people have OCD's?