I Hate It When People Snore

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    my husband's snoring bothers me....i have to try and fall asleep before he does.

and my cat snores REALLY LOUD!!!!! :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    This is such a heartwarming post.

my thoughts exactly.

it's noisy, disruptive, or even unhealthy...but no one does it on purpose.
    it makes me laugh sometimes, but i'm weird.

get some silicone putty earplugs.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Lizard wrote:
    my husband's snoring bothers me....i have to try and fall asleep before he does.

and my cat snores REALLY LOUD!!!!! :p
    a CAT snoring????? for real? :eek: that would piss me OFF.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I feel for ya man. I wake up if my gf makes the slightest noise, I can't imagine if she was a snorer...

She might wake up with the pillow over her face. :)
    I have put a pillow over my husbands face before when he was snoring. I didn't push down on it or anything :D but he woke up and asked why he had a pillow on his face.

He snores soooo loud. I can't sleep with him any more at all. And forget rolling off his back(unless it would be out of bed and into another room) he snores on his back,side or sleeping on his stomach.

He is so loud I can't hear the tv over him.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • rearviewmirorrearviewmiror Posts: 894
    mindi wrote:
    I have put a pillow over my husbands face before when he was snoring. I didn't push down on it or anything :D but he woke up and asked why he had a pillow on his face.

He snores soooo loud. I can't sleep with him any more at all. And forget rolling off his back(unless it would be out of bed and into another room) he snores on his back,side or sleeping on his stomach.

He is so loud I can't hear the tv over him.
    He probably has sleep apnea like I do. Get him a sleep study. It's dangerous.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    My fella started snoring this week... I had two sleepless nights but didn't blame him really. T'was funny the first night cos I poked his nose and he went mad twitchy. The second night I had to sleep in the spare room - he felt totally horrible about it and has been making an extra effort to sleep on his side now.

The funniest is when my niece was a baby, she used to snore sooo bad - very strange!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    Big Deal….you should try to hang with a bunch of drunken daro sailors a few miles offshore overnight with them buzzing like a fucking chainsaw…Makes a guy want to jump ship and tread water all night rather than put up with it…

I think I may have to look for an all female crew from now on...hehe

Interesting though…
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I snore sometimes, especially if I'm really tired :o
    Shhhh.... don't tell my bf....

Saying that though, other people's snoring drives me crazy! I used to throw books at my sisters head when we shared a room at home. Anything to make her shut up...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Jennytree wrote:
    My fella started snoring this week... I had two sleepless nights but didn't blame him really. T'was funny the first night cos I poked his nose and he went mad twitchy. The second night I had to sleep in the spare room - he felt totally horrible about it and has been making an extra effort to sleep on his side now.

The funniest is when my niece was a baby, she used to snore sooo bad - very strange!

Is he a new boyfriend? If you don't mind me asking? Because it's really sweet to begin with, seven years down the line you want to smother them with a pillow. :mad: :D
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    aI fucking cant stand it! Its nasty and disgusting! As I type this my wife is snoring like crazy.....I just went in there and told her to shut up. She works 3rd shift at a hospital so we sleep together 3 or 4 nights a week. I lose about 2 hours of sleep a night. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch or I will. She uses breathing strips but that dosent help much. I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she says "I will" but never does. I know what the doc is gonna say. He's gonna say lose weight and I think she knows that also and thats why she wont go. When im done with this im gonna call the doc and make her an appointment. Anybody else have to put up with snoring?

You sound like a joy to live with :rolleyes:
    I would never "make" my wife go sleep on the couch, do you beat her and tell her to wash the dishes too?
    "It's all happening"
  • Losing sleep makes people happy and more tolerant...

try it longterm and find out!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Losing sleep makes people happy and more tolerant...

try it longterm and find out!
    hahaha
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    get over it.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I snore and I don't need to lose weight....weird!!!

I had no clue if you snore that means you are one big fat ass who is disgusting! :mad:

I think it has more to do with allergies, sinuses, & your tonsils...!!

of course I have asthma...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i've actually read a couple times over that people who are married/cohabitate actually get less/poor sleep due to snoring, sharing a bed, diffeent sleeping issues, etc. i believe it. my husband occasionally snores. usually i can get him to roll over and it stops...but man....it DOES really interfere with sleep at times!

btw - MANY people simply have breathing issues...snoring is not only linked to weight issues. my sister for example, great figure...but yes she snores, mostly due to her asthma.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I would never "make" my wife go sleep on the couch, do you beat her and tell her to wash the dishes too?

No fuckhead, I dont beat my wife. I do the dishes I do it all. She dosent mind sleeping on the couch. Most of the time she just goes to sleep on the couch without me saying anything. Fucking retard.
    I'll be back
    I snore and I don't need to lose weight....weird!!!

I had no clue if you snore that means you are one big fat ass who is disgusting! :mad:

I think it has more to do with allergies, sinuses, & your tonsils...!!

of course I have asthma...

It could be a number of things including weight.
    I'll be back
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    aI fucking cant stand it! Its nasty and disgusting! As I type this my wife is snoring like crazy.....I just went in there and told her to shut up. She works 3rd shift at a hospital so we sleep together 3 or 4 nights a week. I lose about 2 hours of sleep a night. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch or I will. She uses breathing strips but that dosent help much. I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she says "I will" but never does. I know what the doc is gonna say. He's gonna say lose weight and I think she knows that also and thats why she wont go. When im done with this im gonna call the doc and make her an appointment. Anybody else have to put up with snoring?

How do you know you don't snore?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    How do you know you don't snore?

Peace

My wife said she's never heard me. If I do shes not complaining.
    I'll be back
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

my wife beats me for snoring

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    This is such a heartwarming post.

well said, made me laugh out loud
  • Is it bad if your wife snores during sex?

maybe the dosage was too high?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Yeah, I'm a snorer. Gets especially bad when I'm super tired. Or drunk.

Right Emmi? Steph? Anyone else downstairs at Helen's on that weekend? ;)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Snoring doesn't bother me... I don't have sleep trouble at all and can sleep through anything... even if it's really loud I find it rhythmic :D both my parents AND my brother snore badly so I grew up with it. My sister and I both snore when we're drunk! The odd other time I snore but usually wake myself up when I do. My boyfriend doesn't but I do talk in my sleep :o or say silly things when someone wakes me and that's even more embarrassing. One in particular almost got me into a LOT of trouble :eek:

This is a really really funny thread though :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    My boyfriend doesn't but I do talk in my sleep
    I once had this dream where I was visiting you and knocked and let myself in and you were sleeping. And posting on AET as you slept.

Seriously.
    Hinny wrote:
    I once had this dream where I was visiting you and knocked and let myself in and you were sleeping. And posting on AET as you slept.

Seriously.
    :D Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :eek: oh shite, please tell me I was wearing PJ's that night :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    :D Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :eek: oh shite, please tell me I was wearing PJ's that night :D

no you werent.. and it wasnt a dream, it was a nightmare ;):p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    no you werent.. and it wasnt a dream, it was a nightmare ;):p
    :confused: were you there too?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    You'd passed out on the ground, your hands typing away on a laptop, and draped in the Irish flag like you were at the Copenhagen queue.
    Hinny wrote:
    You'd passed out on the ground, your hands typing away on a laptop, and draped in the Irish flag like you were at the Copenhagen queue.
    :o what the fuck? :D

You sure this was a dream?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life