I Hate It When People Snore

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
aI fucking cant stand it! Its nasty and disgusting! As I type this my wife is snoring like crazy.....I just went in there and told her to shut up. She works 3rd shift at a hospital so we sleep together 3 or 4 nights a week. I lose about 2 hours of sleep a night. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch or I will. She uses breathing strips but that dosent help much. I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she says "I will" but never does. I know what the doc is gonna say. He's gonna say lose weight and I think she knows that also and thats why she wont go. When im done with this im gonna call the doc and make her an appointment. Anybody else have to put up with snoring?
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    aI fucking cant stand it! Its nasty and disgusting! As I type this my wife is snoring like crazy.....I just went in there and told her to shut up. She works 3rd shift at a hospital so we sleep together 3 or 4 nights a week. I lose about 2 hours of sleep a night. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch or I will. She uses breathing strips but that dosent help much. I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she says "I will" but never does. I know what the doc is gonna say. He's gonna say lose weight and I think she knows that also and thats why she wont go. When im done with this im gonna call the doc and make her an appointment. Anybody else have to put up with snoring?

I feel for ya man. I wake up if my gf makes the slightest noise, I can't imagine if she was a snorer...

She might wake up with the pillow over her face. :)
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Snoring enrages me also. Seriously, when I hear snoring I want to scream at the top of my lungs... But I solve the problem without disturbing the offending party (leaving the room, plugging my ears) and bitch about it to them for a brief moment the next day. Maybe I shouldn't swallow my rage, but I'm a pacifist I suppose.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    danny72688 wrote:
    Snoring enrages me also. Seriously, when I hear snoring I want to scream at the top of my lungs... But I solve the problem without disturbing the offending party (leaving the room, plugging my ears) and bitch about it to them for a brief moment the next day. Maybe I shouldn't swallow my rage, but I'm a pacifist I suppose.
    It is annoying, but it isn't like the snoree is doing it on purpose at the same time.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    aI fucking cant stand it! Its nasty and disgusting!

actually sticking a deformed slug onto a nun's vagina is nasty and disgusting... what you're moaning about is just kinda annoying... but it aint nasty and it certainly isnt disgusting... fuck... its not like she's doing it deliberately to piss you off.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Sweet dreams are made of these,
    I am watching you through a camera!
  • GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
    aw, she can't help it. I'm sure she feels terrible that she's keeping you up at night.

one of my close friends I've known for about 12 years is a HUGE snorer (and she is thin, so it's not just about weight). I've traveled with her a lot, and I know that when I do, I am not going to sleep. we went away in march, and the first night I had to go sleep on the couch in the other room. But then my other friend came and she had to sleep on the couch, so the next night I tried sleeping on the floor. I didn't get any sleep that way, so the third night I tried listening to my ipod. that didn't work, the snoring was way louder than the music.

it's horrible because I felt like shit and she kept saying "why are you so tired?" and I couldn't say anything! You just have to live with these things dude. If you have to sleep in the other room, so be it.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    dunkman wrote:
    actually sticking a deformed slug onto a nun's vagina is nasty and disgusting... what you're moaning about is just kinda annoying... but it aint nasty and it certainly isnt disgusting... fuck... its not like she's doing it to piss you off.

I just find it nasty and disgusting. It pisses me off more than anything. Alot of times I shake the bed and she stops or it can make it worse.
    I'll be back
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Rygar wrote:
    It is annoying, but it isn't like the snoree is doing it on purpose at the same time.
    That's why I try not to bother said snorer haha...
    I probably snore myself, then what a hypocrite I'd be.
  • GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
    I just find it nasty and disgusting. It pisses me off more than anything. Alot of times I shake the bed and she stops or it can make it worse.

it is kind of gross, but you can't get "pissed off" about it. that's like being pissed off at someone because they have the flu.

well in that case you're the man... she's one lucky lady... what a catch!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    As frustrating as it can be to try to sleep near some noisy snoring, people don't do it on purpose! You're adding poison to your relationship by being angry at your wife because she snores.

My husband has started to snore in the last year or two, but I certainly don't dislike him or blame him for it!!

Go sleep in another room if the noise is too much.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Hello. My name is Scott and I've been a snorer for 15 years ...
    *everyone else* "Hi Scott"
    :D

I only snore though when I sleep/ pass out on my back ... I've learned to sleep on my side and or stomach. I don't wake up with bruised shins anymore either. I'm not fat either. Something to do with a deviated septum.
    dunkman wrote:
    well in that case you're the man... she's one lucky lady... what a catch!!!!

I dont think she is nasty or disgusting, just the snoring. We get along great. And we are good to each other. I just hate snoring! Its like someone eating with thier mouth open. I hate it!
    I'll be back
  • rearviewmirorrearviewmiror Posts: 894
    Wow. You have so much compassion. I snore, and so does my gf. Thankfully she understands and isnt self obsessed. We all have our faults. Some we don't even do on purpose.

She should go to the Dr's cause it could be dangerous. I bet you only want her to go because it annoys you. Really nice. Like you have no faults.

Just get her to go to the doctors because you worry about her health. That might make her push past the weight thing.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I often sleep with a friend of mine who snores, I just give her a friendly kick and she shuts up... there was only the once I was gonna smother her with a Bob the Builder pillow... *left eye twitches* ;)

Besides, I think little snores and mews can be kinda cute :o

Big snores on the other hand... My mum is a really bad snorer but, due to being an opera singer, won't do anything about it incase she loses any vocal quality. When I was a kid i'd hear her enough to keep me awake from the other side of the house and through 2 shut doors... I do sympathise but as many have said, it's not like she could help it and it certainly isn't disgusting.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259

This is such a heartwarming post.
    Wow. You have so much compassion. I snore, and so does my gf. Thankfully she understands and isnt self obsessed. We all have our faults. Some we don't even do on purpose.

She should go to the Dr's cause it could be dangerous. I bet you only want her to go because it annoys you. Really nice. Like you have no faults.

Just get her to go to the doctors because you worry about her health. That might make her push past the weight thing.

I never said I dont have faults. I dont snore! You guys are quick to jump on someone ass and make assumptions. I dont like snoring! I hate faults! I dont snore!
    I'll be back
    I dont think she is nasty or disgusting, just the snoring. We get along great. And we are good to each other. I just hate snoring! Its like someone eating with thier mouth open. I hate it!
    But it isn't like someone eating with their mouth open, because they can consciously stop that ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    But it isn't like someone eating with their mouth open, because they can consciously stop that ;)

Tell my brother that
    I'll be back
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Rygar wrote:

If you start a thread about that, my boss needs to be thrown under the bus.

GOD I'M GETTING SO ANGRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoring cant be helped... eating with your mouth open can...

i just find it weird that you think snoring is 'disgusting and nasty'... its not like you get covered in slime or wake up covered in dry bogeys.

its annoying though... buy a decent set of ear plugs?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    This reminds me of what Ed says in Iconoclasts. Something to the degree of: You cant be mad at the wind. It's like being mad at your Mom.

Snoring...Nasty and disgusting? Get over it. theres people starving all over the world, murders, wars, and far worse mistreatment than the average evil-snoring-mate! geesh...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    This reminds me of what Ed says in Iconoclasts. Something to the degree of: You cant be mad at the wind. It's like being mad at your Mom.

Snoring...Nasty and disgusting? Get over it. theres people starving all over the world, murders, wars, and far worse mistreatment than the average evil-snoring-mate! geesh...

Dont give me that fucking bullshit about starving people wars murders. Fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not starving, im not in a war and im not being murdered. I WAS being bothered about my wifes snoring. I sure FUCKING over it now. IM GONNA SMOKE A JOINT.
    I'll be back
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Dont give me that fucking bullshit about starving people wars murders. Fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not starving, im not in a war and im not being murdered. I WAS being bothered about my wifes snoring. I sure FUCKING over it now. IM GONNA SMOKE A JOINT.

Perfect! so that all it took?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    this is funny becuz.......my bf found the girl thats PERFECT for him. Shes AMAZING and i LOVE her spirit. he was sooo happy that he finally found someone that he can be happy with. He called me the weekend of the Ed shows to tell me he is DISGUSTED becuz she snores too effing loud. He snores badd as it is and he said she is ten times worse! :eek: he said its so badd that he thinks he doesnt want to see her ever again! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm a really light sleeper, and snoring drives me up the wall!
    I was with this girl in college who would snore like CRAZY! The only way I could put up with it was if I was drinking heavily before we went to bed.
    Needless to say, that one didn't last long. LOL!
    Rygar wrote:
    i freakin HAAAAAATE that. :mad:
    please start a thread.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    senrock snores ....
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    senrock snores ....
    damn dude. arent some secrets between US?????? and i only snore if im SUPER exxxtra tired.

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    SENROCK! wrote:
    damn dude. arent some secrets between US?????? and i only snore if im SUPER exxxtra tired.

which u were ........... hehe