Live African Wildlife Webcam

Comments

• Zebras!!
  • A whole bunch of wilderbeest! Nice.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I'm hoping something shows up soon, watching this water is making me sleepy
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    cam looks good today.
    anyone watching right now?? what the heck is that? did the cam fall and point to the ground?
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I think the birds are starting to congregate up above the camera, in the tree or whatever the thing is mounted on, because they sure are loud. Sounds like there is a mosquito the size of a small airplane flying around there, too.

Nothing else to see though. Hopefully in a bit I can catch something, on lunch break.
    slow night today :(
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Last night (in the daytime there) I saw a vehicle drive by....twice.

And they finally showed to the left where we see lights when its night there.....in the day you can clearly see the lodge buildings.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Last night (in the daytime there) I saw a vehicle drive by....twice.

And they finally showed to the left where we see lights when its night there.....in the day you can clearly see the lodge buildings.

yea I saw that too. I havnt seen the lodge yet, but those animals sure do come close.

which leads me to ask..

has anyone ever been on an African safari? its on my list.
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    lot's of zebras on cam now. It's very cool to see the different stripe patterns, especially on the little one.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just see some birds. Wish I'd seen the zebras.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Not sure what the hell these bull-like things are, wish I had seen the fucking zebras though
    Not sure what the hell these bull-like things are, wish I had seen the fucking zebras though

water buffalo I reckon
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Gazelles!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i love watching the zebras, especially they way they act around the little one, with momma nudging it along, nuzzling it...

i want to go live in the trees in africa and just watch animals all day.
    i. am. mine.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    There were a bunch of crazy zebras about 10 mins ago. All splashin' around and whatnot!
    :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    WOW!
    Zebras, and giraffes right now!

Soooooo cool!

Where are the lions?
    :)
  • Did anyone else just see that giraffe totally staring down the camera?? So funny....
  • This has to be the first time that I have seen a close-up of animals at the watering hole. Maybe I was logging on at the wrong times because all I saw was the watering hole with little activity with a one-shot camera view. Now I see a close-up of a giraffe and other birds in the water.

I love how the giraffe (looks like a male) isn't bothered by the birds on his head. Adorable.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
    Did you see that little bird climbing in the giraffe's ear? That was pretty funny :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'd like to nominate this for thread of the year. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    yea I saw that too. I havnt seen the lodge yet, but those animals sure do come close.

which leads me to ask..

has anyone ever been on an African safari? its on my list.

I went on a three day Safari with my dad and sister to a reserve pretty near this one, actually. It's been four years and I still miss it like hell.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    There's Pumba!
    what are those called? mcKacks?
    hippiemom wrote:
    There's Pumba!

I swear to God if Timon comes up and starts singing, I will praise this website forever, that or if Simba comes walking through. Are there lions on this thing?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    too funny! i guess it was a wild boar, he just scratched his butt on a log.
    I hope he did not get any splinters, ouch!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • this is neato. :D
    I swear to God if Timon comes up and starts singing, I will praise this website forever, that or if Simba comes walking through. Are there lions on this thing?

yes. read my first post on here. I read it on the website.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i was in another screen and i could hear lapping sounds like a dog drinking his water. did you see it? it's a thirsty hyena.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    i was in another screen and i could hear lapping sounds like a dog drinking his water. did you see it? it's a thirsty hyena.

nice my first hyena sighting. those guys are nasty.