Comments

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    i do know you though ;)

were you Vedder 10 england shirt?

Nope! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    D, did we meet dunkman during our travels last year? We met so many people, i feel bad for not keeping track.

I believe you met him at the Astoria. I knew who he was in Dublin, but was never introduced. Emma met him in Dublin though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I believe you met him at the Astoria. I knew who he was in Dublin, but was never introduced. Emma met him in Dublin though.

KK thanks.
    I wanna meet you again dunk!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    audiodave wrote:
    Nope! :D

ah bugger!!!

I met Release Me (ross) very briefly at the Astoria... well not the Astoria itself, more Farrindon travelodge :D and even then it was a fleeting glance!

Audio!!! why didnt you introduce yourself my good fellow?

Emma is Wash? if so then she was lovely as was Rob... great folks and great fans!!! if she isnt Wash then i'm shit with names :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ah bugger!!!

I met Release Me (ross) very briefly at the Astoria... well not the Astoria itself, more Farrindon travelodge :D and even then it was a fleeting glance!

Emma is Wash? if so then she was lovely as was Rob... great folks and great fans!!! if she isnt Wash then i'm shit with names :o

Ahh i see, so we didn't formally introduce ourselves? We're going to have to remedy that for sure.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    ah bugger!!!

She is Wash. I was staying with her and Rob at the Jury's Inn.

I was overwhelmed by all the people, who all seemed to know eachother, so I just didn't say a lot! Don't you worry, I shall solve the great mystery for you in London.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:

were you in Temple Bar audio? did you talk to Caz (StonesGstring)?

i could have given you an official fucking Dublin 2006 badge man!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    well i am drunk ;)

i knew there was a reason. sweet. :o

audiodave wrote:
    Go to Dusseldorf and Nijmegen. You know you want to!

well if i did all i WANTED to...:eek:
    seriously, too funny...i *just* asked mr. dream over dinner if he would 'mind' if i went to dusseldorf. i always said i'd not go to germany w/o him as it is THE place he dreams of visiting. dusseldorf is rather 'safe' as it's not munich or berlin.....:p.....he said ok. we'll see. if no 2nd UK date, dusseldorf may well happen. i'd REALLY love to hit up nijmegen, but there's 3 gigs inbetween...and i need free, or at least VERY cheap accomodations...so dunno.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    She is Wash. I was staying with her and Rob at the Jury's Inn.

I was overwhelmed by all the people, who all seemed to know eachother, so I just didn't say a lot! Don't you worry, I shall solve the great mystery for you in London.

great stuff :cool:

all the guys from Astoria/Dublin are great... man this thread is going to be one busy thread :D
  • Options

i'm not really that drunk... just had some red wine and a couple of small beers!!

but i'm full of the PJ love tonight!! and so i'm spreading some of that around as its contagious... like herpes, but less socially restrictive
  • Options
    were you in Temple Bar audio? did you talk to Caz (StonesGstring)?

i could have given you an official fucking Dublin 2006 badge man!!!

I was. And I did.

I wanted one! You gave one to Emma (Wash) and...Neil (I'm pretty sure that's his name...but I have a lousy memroy) aka Hitch-Hiker when we were in the Point, and I standing next to Emma. I didn't want to ask, as it would be rude as I hadn't introduced myself! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options

well if i did all i WANTED to...:eek:
    seriously, too funny...i *just* asked mr. dream over dinner if he would 'mind' if i went to dusseldorf. i always said i'd not go to germany w/o him as it is THE place he dreams of visiting. dusseldorf is rather 'safe' as it's not munich or berlin.....:p.....he said ok. we'll see. if no 2nd UK date, dusseldorf may well happen. i'd REALLY love to hit up nijmegen, but there's 3 gigs inbetween...and i need free, or at least VERY cheap accomodations...so dunno.

Then go to Copenhagen aswell! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I was. And I did.

I wanted one! You gave one to Emma (Wash) and...Neil (I'm pretty sure that's his name...but I have a lousy memroy) aka Hitch-Hiker when we were in the Point, and I standing next to Emma. I didn't want to ask, as it would be rude as I hadn't introduced myself! :D

i was so glad to meet Neil... seen his name on the board loads and there he was standing next to me at the gig!!

tell you what buddy... i have a Dublin badge spare and i'll save it for you! and i'll be doing London ones as well this year.

did you meet UKDave? me and him must have thrown about 20-30 badges onto the stage in the hjope that one of the band would pick one up... but alas.. not to be!

so anyway, i have a few spares (i think!! :eek: ) and i'll keep you one
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Then go to Copenhagen aswell! :D

and here i always thought youy were such a sweet boy, whereas secretly, you're a naughty influence! you sound like me last year, convincing all to all 5 dates in italy. :p haha.

i am doing this trip over b/c i am flying for free, and free accomodation...thus i 'convinced' mr. dream it will cost me next to nothing...so yea..i kinda have to try and keep to that. :p i think copenhagen would definitely be too much. and anyhoo, those tix sold out before i ever even woke up that day, so yea......

however, you find me free/uber cheap places to stay...and it makes it all the more tempting......;)

i'm not really that drunk... just had some red wine and a couple of small beers!!

but i'm full of the PJ love tonight!! and so i'm spreading some of that around as its contagious... like herpes, but less socially restrictive

eh i always knew ya loved me...and my PC comments, and my non-girly, non-curly handwriting. :) i forsee some GREAt laughs ahead if we meet up in london. italy was a BLAST...and if we have a weekend.......:eek:

:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i was so glad to meet Neil... seen his name on the board loads and there he was standing next to me at the gig!!

tell you what buddy... i have a Dublin badge spare and i'll save it for you! and i'll be doing London ones as well this year.

did you meet UKDave? me and him must have thrown about 20-30 badges onto the stage in the hjope that one of the band would pick one up... but alas.. not to be!

so anyway, i have a few spares (i think!! :eek:) and i'll keep you one

I did meet UKDave, very briefly. And yes, Neil is a legend, such a nice guy! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone again in London, it will be so much fun!

Why did you waste all those badges that could have gone to me!? But i'll let you off, as you're being so nice about it. You have now been elevated to true legendary status in my mind! :D
    and here i always thought youy were such a sweet boy, whereas secretly, you're a naughty influence! you sound like me last year, convincing all to all 5 dates in italy. :p haha.

i am doing this trip over b/c i am flying for free, and free accomodation...thus i 'convinced' mr. dream it will cost me next to nothing...so yea..i kinda have to try and keep to that. :p i think copenhagen would definitely be too much. and anyhoo, those tix sold out before i ever even woke up that day, so yea......

however, you find me free/uber cheap places to stay...and it makes it all the more tempting......;)

Flights between European countries seem to be very cheap, if you shop around! Hotels are cheapish...but still more expensive that i'd like them to be.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:

Flights between European countries seem to be very cheap, if you shop around! Hotels are cheapish...but still more expensive that i'd like them to be.

i looked a little, and definitely dusseldorf sounds a very cheap flight...and i am sure with barbara, find cheap accomodation. my real issue is i don't want to go to the festivals inbetween and i doubt i'll find anyone who wants to just split expenses and hang around say amsterdam a couple days...so doing so singly will get pricey. therein lies my real hesitation. you're talking 6 days inbetween dusseldorf and nijmegen...could be great fun, but solo....quite pricey.......so yea...cmon more UK dates! then i don't have to torture myself. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I BrisK I wrote:
    before the show we should just have a big a pearl jam hippie circle and get some people to bring guitars ;p
    I think a few (lot?) of us might end up camping out but we can have a guitar there!

ok, I'm a bit drunk so might talk a bit weird, but I'm very much looking forward to see all of you guys again.

and I have to keep count, but I live in London. Only a 1 bedroom flat, but enough spare beds/floor space for 9 people (I believe I've already invited 4 people: 2 Yanks, 1 Pole and 1 Portuguese..though no-one took it up for sure yet).

Anyway, between me and many of us London-based (I can't say Brits since I'm not) people, I don't think many people here will need a hotel (expensive in London)..as long as they're not too fussy (see the Dublin thread)

I'll be very disappointed if I don't have a full house come London show: I wouldn't have done my duty as a Jammer! :D

And you know what?
    When I see the way we get threads still going months after a show, arrange meet ups, get this kind of sharing-info/ meeting-up/ lets-get-together/who's-coming threads straight away; it makes me feel very pround to be European, and I can see why PJ is coming back to us so soon.

ok, I'm obviously drunk and getting sentimental :D

see you all soon :o
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Keep talking, I like the way you think :D

God, I can't wait for this summer!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I just woke up from a dream where i'd bought a plane ticket from Poland to Australia to see Pearl Jam and realised that i couldn't actually go, and so was trying to sell it. Weird! :eek: Thank god i was only a dream coz PJ aren't playing Australia after Poland. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Maybe you just want a holiday in Australia!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Maybe you just want a holiday in Australia!
    He'll probably be able to get a cheap commuter flight to Oz from South Korea :rolleyes:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i do know you though ;)

were you Vedder 10 england shirt?

that would have been shmike. I didnt go to astoria, but he was at the reading PJ love camp!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    australia is the shiz

i want people to come visit me when i get back home
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    australia is the shiz

i want people to come visit me when i get back home

2 adults and a 12/13 year old coming..... Get the space ready.. :D
  • Options
    Count me in, June can't come soon enough now!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    redrock wrote:
    2 adults and a 12/13 year old coming..... Get the space ready.. :D

WOOT

sounds like fun to me
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Pegasus wrote:
    I think a few (lot?) of us might end up camping out but we can have a guitar there!

ok, I'm a bit drunk so might talk a bit weird, but I'm very much looking forward to see all of you guys again.

and I have to keep count, but I live in London. Only a 1 bedroom flat, but enough spare beds/floor space for 9 people (I believe I've already invited 4 people: 2 Yanks, 1 Pole and 1 Portuguese..though no-one took it up for sure yet).

Anyway, between me and many of us London-based (I can't say Brits since I'm not) people, I don't think many people here will need a hotel (expensive in London)..as long as they're not too fussy (see the Dublin thread)

I'll be very disappointed if I don't have a full house come London show: I wouldn't have done my duty as a Jammer! :D

And you know what?
    When I see the way we get threads still going months after a show, arrange meet ups, get this kind of sharing-info/ meeting-up/ lets-get-together/who's-coming threads straight away; it makes me feel very pround to be European, and I can see why PJ is coming back to us so soon.

ok, I'm obviously drunk and getting sentimental :D

see you all soon :o

Hahaha, youre great, Sandra :)

I might take that offer, Im completely fine sleeping on the floor anywhere in your appartment :D

Plans are stil in the making for the whole thing Im doing, but its never too early to start planning ,;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    anyone who wants to just split expenses and hang around say amsterdam a couple days...so doing so singly will get pricey. therein lies my real hesitation.

Don't hesitate.. there are a couple of lovely (albeit weird and crazy) scots living in Amsterdam. I'm sure they can sort something out (sorry for speaking for you guys... I just want D2D to come over... I must meet her!). Also, if you want to visit Brussels, I'm sure my sister will put you up if she's there (but beware... she's very 'proper'! :D But very nice.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    redrock wrote:
    Don't hesitate.. there are a couple of lovely (albeit weird and crazy) scots living in Amsterdam. I'm sure they can sort something out (sorry for speaking for you guys... I just want D2D to come over... I must meet her!). Also, if you want to visit Brussels, I'm sure my sister will put you up if she's there (but beware... she's very 'proper'! :D But very nice.

HAha, Id be up for that too, hanging out with those crazy Scots :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

ah red, you don't quite know me well enough yet. :o i already e-mailed neil in regards to this. ;) haha. his PM box was full, but luckily he has the e-mail function set to accept. :) anyhoo....i haven't heard back just yet. thing is though, between dusseldorf and nijmegen is 7 days....i don't know if they want a dreamer on their sofa for 7 days...or if they plan on hitting up any of those inbetween shows, etc........so yea. :D yep, i met the crazy scots in verona...and i've already seen both their nekkid arses...damn scots can't keep their kilts down ;)...so i'm all set there.

i just so wish there was a 2nd UK date announced, that would be 'enough' for me...well, it's never enough...hahaha....but ya know what i mean. or even london and dusseldorf perhaps....dunno. ugh. wish i heard from barb already. as of now, i am only buying tix for london tomorrow...hope i don't end up kicking myself later.

so yea...you WILL meet me! :) hell, i may even need your sofa, hahaha, depending on what i do after wembley, and what barb does, etc. b/c i am not flying to london and not staying less than a week. :D:D:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...