London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Samule wrote:
    are you talking farhenheit or celsius?

I see no Americans in this thread :confused: Does anyone else still use farhenheit? :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMI wrote:
    will do, as soon as it's possible. :D and I should be getting Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life on the post today or tomorrow. *yey*

Ooh, I need to bring the Python box set out again.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Samule wrote:
    holy farkin woah! thats not freezing, thats fucking stupid temperatures! move to australia, it's good fun and warm :D

well, imagine it being -15 out and living in a city on the coast - 24/7 wind. :D

I like it here thank you very much. :p besides, anything lower -15 just feels the same.

EDIT: and admittedly we have to wear some more heavy duty clothing than jumpers. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • SamuleSamule Posts: 3,231
    eMMI wrote:
    well, imagine it being -15 out and living in a city on the coast - 24/7 wind. :D

I like it here thank you very much. :p besides, anything lower -15 just feels the same.
    i'm guessing the same feeling is numb??
  • Chime wrote:
    I see no Americans in this thread :confused: Does anyone else still use farhenheit? :p

Nope, not that I know.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    eMMI wrote:
    will do, as soon as it's possible. :D and I should be getting Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life on the post today or tomorrow. *yey*

First time I saw Life of Brian was Christmas Eve probably 1979 or 1980...
    I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail on the last day of year 10 in 1976.
    Weird how I remembered when I saw those two movies..:)
    Guess I loved them lots...:)
    I think I practically knew every line of Life of Brian...
    "Im Brian and So is my wife" is one of my favourites...
    Samule wrote:
    i'm guessing the same feeling is numb??

pretty much. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Chime wrote:

I did until about 1972....hehehe
    Nite Jammers!!.................:)
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    You're all weird ;)

nee nee nee nee nee nee nee nee
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    You're all weird ;)

nee nee nee nee nee nee nee nee

That's why you love us ;)

Like you're normal :rolleyes:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    That's why you love us ;)

Like you're normal :rolleyes:

:cool:
    I need a coffee!
    I wonder why we were moved to the AET??? :confused:

Ah well :D
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    eMMI wrote:
    haha. no offense but I can't help but giggle a little everytime an Aussie complains (same goes for the Irish) about how freezing it is. :D

I haven't gotten around to getting/hearing the Python albums yet but all in due time. :)

Finland, Finland, Finland
    The country where i want to be
    Pony-trekking or camping
    Or just watching TV
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    aus_suz wrote:
    I think I practically knew every line of Life of Brian...
    "Im Brian and So is my wife" is one of my favourites...

"you're all individuals, you're all different!"
    "i'm not"

or something like that...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Irish Al wrote:
    I wonder why we were moved to the AET??? :confused:

Ah well :D

but Dublin's still out there in Given To Fly.
    strange things are afoot at the Circle K, dude...
    jrd wrote:
    Pony-trekking or camping
    Or just watching TV

HAHAHA............ah memories of listening to Contractual Obligation on vinyl..
    jrd wrote:
    Pony-trekking or camping
    Or just watching TV

someone sang that to me when I was in Glasgow.. and then he asked whether we actually have ponies. and whether people go trekking and camping. and whether we have TVs. :confused::D

is that a part of singing the song or just additions of a hungover mind? :p
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    eMMI wrote:
    someone sang that to me when I was in Glasgow.. and then he asked whether we actually have ponies. and whether people go trekking and camping. and whether we have TVs. :confused::D

is that a part of singing the song or just additions of a hungover mind? :p

do you have naked saunas and then run and jump in a freezing lake? as we are led to believe :eek: ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    do you have naked saunas and then run and jump in a freezing lake? as we are led to believe :eek: ; )

yes.

no, I'm not shitting you, this is what people do. :D

okay, let me get one thing straight though - you don't JUMP in the freezing lake. it could be dangerous.

also, if you don't want to go to the lake, it's prefectly alright to just roll around in snow. :D

also, although traditionally everyone is buck-naked in the sauna, it has come more acceptable to wear your bathing suit if you don't feel comfortable in your birthsuit in front of other people. :) though you can't do this in swimming halls cause there's gonna be chlorine on your suit and when you go to a hot sauna it'll vaporize and breathing in chlorine isn't very healthy.

and FYI, especially if there's a larger group of people having a sauna and generally just chilling out, men and women usually go to the sauna separately. :p
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hey, what's all this talk of naked saunas?
    And this early on the sabbath day!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    jamie uk wrote:

it has been at least 18 months since i joked with emmi about it, so i figured it was time!

it is well past dark down here in Australia, so it is perfectly ok to ask these kind of things...

emmi, thanks for laying out the Finnish Sauna etiquette. I shall try and remember it when i am in finland for the next PJ tour :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    jamie uk wrote:

he started it!
    eMMI wrote:
    he started it!

Yeah, well be careful he doesn't finnish it ;)
    it has been at least 18 months since i joked with emmi about it, so i figured it was time!

it is well past dark down here in Australia, so it is perfectly ok to ask these kind of things...

emmi, thanks for laying out the Finnish Sauna etiquette. I shall try and remember it when i am in finland for the next PJ tour :D

haha. no worries, I wouldn't want you guys to embarrass yourselves over here. :D;)
    jamie uk wrote:
    Yeah, well be careful he doesn't finnish it ;)

:eek:
    eMMI wrote:
    :eek:

sorry, go back to the sauna chat :D
    jamie uk wrote:
    sorry, go back to the sauna chat :D

well I don't want to now. :o:p

Aussies would struggle to survive in the land of the ice and snow :D
    anyway, Pearl Jam doesn't play Finland......I heard this guy say so, on the dvd :D
    jamie uk wrote:
    Aussies would struggle to survive in the land of the ice and snow :D
    anyway, Pearl Jam doesn't play Finland......I heard this guy say so, on the dvd :D

true. it'd be interesting to watch them try though. :D

yeah I heard him too. :rolleyes: what does he know? :p