London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Hey hey
    Did I miss out on the London meet up barbie for those poor souls who did not get to Lolla? It would have been lovely to see Rita again- the last time I saw her we were experiencing some rather bad turbulence and it interfered,only slightly, with our non stop eddie vedder conversation lol!
    So I missed out on good company good music grub and drunkenness? Oh my!
    'Our band doesn't come to England enough to deserve this amount of attention from you! '-Well, make sure you come back more often then Mr Vedder!
    '00-06-04
    '06-08-27
    '07-06-08
    '07-06-18
    '07-06-21
    '07-06-28
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Hey hey
    Did I miss out on the London meet up barbie for those poor souls who did not get to Lolla? It would have been lovely to see Rita again- the last time I saw her we were experiencing some rather bad turbulence and it interfered,only slightly, with our non stop eddie vedder conversation lol!
    So I missed out on good company good music grub and drunkenness? Oh my!

yeah, we had a small gathering on the weekend! twas good
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    oooh a culinary gag ;) i suppose you're jokes are a quite rare

at least they're fresh, and not a rehash of yesteryear's leftovers... ;)

hmmm... only took me how long to reply...:o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    at least they're fresh, and not a rehash of yesteryear's leftovers... ;)

the produce seems to have gone off...
    left it too long!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:

too long retard... i need my witty replies in quick fashion otherwise there's no point.. any dumbass can think of a retort in the space of 8 hours... yes even Al!!!

how's things today folks... i've just read the 'line nazis' thread.. :D:D i had no idea 'line nazis' existed let alone took lists of names at the show???? i actually got a wee bit embarrassed by that!

and i'm not acting like all cool or whatevah, but since when did people take lists at a rock concert... the only list should have been for what booze you want and who'd be interested in hiring a stripper that can shoot lychees oot of her fanny...

1. Dunk (guinness and yes!!)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    too long retard... i need my witty replies in quick fashion otherwise there's no point.. any dumbass can think of a retort in the space of 8 hours... yes even Al!!!

how's things today folks... i've just read the 'line nazis' thread.. :D:D i had no idea 'line nazis' existed let alone took lists of names at the show???? i actually got a wee bit embarrassed by that!

and i'm not acting like all cool or whatevah, but since when did people take lists at a rock concert... the only list should have been for what booze you want and who'd be interested in hiring a stripper that can shoot lychees oot of her fanny...

1. Dunk (guinness and yes!!)

I totally agree with this, the first time I saw it happen was in Dusseldorf, fucking ridiculous.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    the produce seems to have gone off...
    left it too long!

wondered what the smell was... no, hang on, that'll be Dunk's rump steaks burning in the unaccustomed sunshine...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    I totally agree with this, the first time I saw it happen was in Dusseldorf, fucking ridiculous.

*nods in agreement*

i'm becoming more dis-illusioned by the day about PJ fans, well some of them, i only come on here for the laughs and stuff... plus i get bored at work! :o

but this religious queueing thing and the same people always going to the same gigs and always being at the front is just cringeworthy.. in my opinion... not saying anyone who does that has to agree or owt... but they probably dont think of us pub go-ers non-queuers as being as big as fans as them... i dont know?

thoughts?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jrd wrote:
    wondered what the smell was... no, hang on, that'll be Dunk's rump steaks burning in the unaccustomed sunshine...

its turned grey and shite up here now... i'm all oiled up and sliding off my chair
  • dunkman wrote:
    *nods in agreement*

i'm becoming more dis-illusioned by the day about PJ fans, well some of them, i only come on here for the laughs and stuff... plus i get bored at work! :o

but this religious queueing thing and the same people always going to the same gigs and always being at the front is just cringeworthy.. in my opinion... not saying anyone who does that has to agree or owt... but they probably dont think of us pub go-ers non-queuers as being as big as fans as them... i dont know?

thoughts?

I am as big a fan as any of these people who cue all day, but I like to have a laugh aswell, In my opinion going to the pub, meeting new people and having a couple of drinks with new friends is far better than being in a queue all day.

I enjoy being at the front and have never been anymore than two or three people back, I didn't have to queue all day to do this and neither did I push and shove my way there.

At the end of the day being at the front is not the be all and end all; it's actually being at the show and getting to watch the guy's do what they do best. As long as I can see the stage and hear the music I am happy :)
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

dunkman wrote:
    thoughts?

yes, i had one of those once... an original one, that is, normally i just recycle other people's...

sunny and warm here today so i have on my leopardskin print Speedos...
    I am as big a fan as any of these people who cue all day, but I like to have a laugh aswell, In my opinion going to the pub, meeting new people and having a couple of drinks with new friends is far better than being in a queue all day.

I enjoy being at the front and have never been anymore than two or three people back, I didn't have to queue all day to do this and neither did I push and shove my way there.

At the end of the day being at the front is not the be all and end all; it's actually being at the show and getting to watch the guy's do what they do best. As long as I can see the stage and hear the music I am happy :)

*nods in agreement*

i'm sure the queuing is all very pleasant nad much communal bonding takes place but it's not my bag, baby... i'm pretty sure a good time was had by all at the Green Man before the London show and i know where i'd have preferred to be because i was there... errrr... you know what i mean.... what were we talking about again...? ;)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

yeah, that's the first time I saw it too. had heard of it happening earlier though..

and yeah, I was on the list in Copenhagen.. number 69 in fact. :o

but I agree, it's being at the show that matters. I think people who go on saying stuff like "I'm not gonna like the show too much if I can't get to the front again!!" are a teeny bit ridiculous. and I think it's a bit *thinks of a word*.. rude maybe that some people feel they're the ones who deserve to be in the front and if there's still room, THEN other people can join in.

queuing can be fun, but sure as hell not queuing and spending time at the pub is too!

I don't know what I'm trying to say here. :p too hot to think.

oh and my sis is moving to another town tomorrow.. :(
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    yeah, that's the first time I saw it too. had heard of it happening earlier though..

and yeah, I was on the list in Copenhagen.. number 69 in fact. :o

but I agree, it's being at the show that matters. I think people who go on saying stuff like "I'm not gonna like the show too much if I can't get to the front again!!" are a teeny bit ridiculous. and I think it's a bit *thinks of a word*.. rude maybe that some people feel they're the ones who deserve to be in the front and if there's still room, THEN other people can join in.

queuing can be fun, but sure as hell not queuing and spending time at the pub is too!

I don't know what I'm trying to say here. :p too hot to think.

oh and my sis is moving to another town tomorrow.. :(

You waited didn't you just so you could be number 69 :eek:

Is your sis moving far?

You waited didn't you just so you could be number 69 :eek:

Is your sis moving far?

yes of course I did! :cool: :p

about 2-3 hours drive away.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Chime wrote:
    Morning :)

Hope you all have splendid weekends ... see some of you tomorrow :) ... if I manage to get out of work :( :o

Oh da brudder's been here *waves to Colin*

Waves to you too.
    Dunk, you can piss on his head all you want!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Col wrote:
    Waves to you too.
    Dunk, you can piss on his head all you want!

Oi! *points*
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    *drinks 4litres of 7up*
    *burps*
    *pats Al's heid*
    *opens up purpose built extra long zip*

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Jennytree wrote:
    Oi! *points*

Oi, Jenny! *points* pointing isn't very polite!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Oi! *points*
    Sorry. Feel bad now. Like I've let Al down.
    Mind you, it's sounds like it could be a laugh!
    eMMI wrote:

it is if you have no tongue due to a freak envelope licking accident and all you can do is point at a big hole in the ground that someone might fall into and break their womb
    Irish Col wrote:

is he inflatable?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Col wrote:

but whyyy colinson!?

the only way you can let Al down is by having more hair than him... and a fine job yer doin too :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • eMMI wrote:
    Thank you.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    but whyyy colinson!?

the only way you can let Al down is by having more hair than him... and a fine job yer doin too :p

Tis true. By the way Al, I've finished cleaning me room.
    Irish Col wrote:
    Thank you.

yer welcome. :D
    Irish Col wrote:

moved it into al's living room?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

Irish Col wrote:

that reminds me, i've got to go and do some hoovering... :(
    wonder if i can accidentally get something stuck in the hoover... :eek:
    jrd wrote:
    wonder if i can accidentally get something stuck in the hoover... :eek:

your lungs
    i figugered that i would get in before caz with the drunken posts!!
    i just saw a big spider run across the floor but it see's me and aint mving
    much smaller than aussie spiders

england is crap when it comes to spider size and deadlyness
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,