London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i did the whole hogmanay last year and it was over rated! we renamed it hogmanot as they cancelled the fecker

It would be cool if it had happened, actually it was more than cool, it was fuckin cold wet and windy!

how can it be overrated if it was cancelled :confused:;)

aye, the corporate event they put on isnt what real hogmanay is about... go to the pubs up nearer Leith or stay in the old town if you get a good pub with a traditional band on... its brilliant!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    how can it be overrated if it was cancelled :confused:;)

aye, the corporate event they put on isnt what real hogmanay is about... go to the pubs up nearer Leith or stay in the old town if you get a good pub with a traditional band on... its brilliant!

well if i get myself organised today, i am gonna be up in Edinburgh in a few weeks :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I've always wanted to go to Edinburgh for new year's eve!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Headin to edinburgh for a few days after we get married, can't wait, its one of my favourite places :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Headin to edinburgh for a few days after we get married, can't wait, its one of my favourite places :D

don't let the dunkman know or he will track you down and fondle your bollocks while ye is on the job with the mrs!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

don't let the dunkman know or he will track you down and fondle your bollocks while ye is on the job with the mrs!

Yeah did consider that after I posted :eek:
    I need a coffee!
    Edinburgh after Al's wedding it is then.. :)

bet the fucker doesnt even invite us to his wedding... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    Edinburgh after Al's wedding it is then.. :)

He fuckin better.. I'm sure the missus won't mind ;)

Will Edinburgh not be cold ann miserable and full of scottish people though?!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    He fuckin better.. I'm sure the missus won't mind ;)

Will Edinburgh not be cold ann miserable and full of scottish people though?!

nah his missus will love us all singing Betterman when they cut the cake... :)

of course it will.. are ye wanting to go somewhere hotter than Gary Glitters hard drive then? if so go to Aussieland... fucking boiling there then.. or go visit Steve in Korea.. bet its awesomeness over there at New Year!!

whats ireland like at Hogmanay? cold and miserable and full of Irish... no wonder you fancy somewhere else then :p
  • I don't see the point in going away for New Year as I never seem to be able to remember it :o
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    I don't see the point in going away for New Year as I never seem to be able to remember it :o

is he still using Rohypnol on you... tell him he doesnt have to these days
    dunkman wrote:
    is he still using Rohypnol on you... tell him he doesnt have to these days

hahaha... sounds like you were comparing drug-rape tips with young Jam :p
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    hahaha... sounds like you were comparing drug-rape tips with young Jam :p

I must have unconscious somewhere when this was going on :eek:
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I sometimes go to Edinburgh for Hogmanay. Never go to Prince's Street though.

Went to Murrayfield one year and we were meant to have a video link up with the street party ... 10 o'clock we get an announcement it's been cancelled :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    whats the story with all the pubs closing at half 12?! lookin at my list of metal bars all over the world- there's none in scotland open passed feckin midnight... I'm not impressed!!! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    feckin scots! can't hold their drink!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

feckin scots! can't hold their drink!

seriously though - by the looks of it, we won't get served a drink passed midnight in the UK... thats shitballs! Even Ireland isn't that bad - we have late bars open till 2.30... :( Guess we won't be goin to Scotland sooo
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    they have late bars... head up to the royal mile and around there...
    i have had plenty of late nights in edinburgh
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Jennytree wrote:
    seriously though - by the looks of it, we won't get served a drink passed midnight in the UK... thats shitballs! Even Ireland isn't that bad - we have late bars open till 2.30... :( Guess we won't be goin to Scotland sooo

We have bars open till 2:30am also, plus in my local your lucky if you get out of there before 10:00am :D

ah indeed... but are they any good?? music-wise and crowd wise?! The scruffier the better... dunnae wanna be listenin to shitty dance music all night :D (yeah, we're picky about our pubs!)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    ah indeed... but are they any good?? music-wise and crowd wise?! The scruffier the better... dunnae wanna be listenin to shitty dance music all night :D (yeah, we're picky about our pubs!)

I only ever frequent rock bars.

Jennytree wrote:

you must have a shitlist ma dear... i know at least 3 places off the top of me head that are open till 4am in Edinburgh... and theres more in Glasgow than in edinburgh... but glasgow isnt as nice.

even in my town of 30,000+ folks there are 3 or 4 places open till 3am and some of the pubs are open till 2am.
    they have late bars... head up to the royal mile and around there...
    i have had plenty of late nights in edinburgh

*nods in agreement*
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Jennytree wrote:

like the music in the london pub/disco The End? :p
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Buru wrote:
    like the music in the london pub/disco The End? :p

Yeah that was great.........not :p

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Yeah that was great.........not :p

nothing that a few drinks can't solve
    then it's all music to my ears
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    even London would be good at New Years.. although if it falls on a sunday then all pubs will be closed by 10.30pm... fannies ;)

nah, not on New Years Eve... and you get free tubes/buses home.
    if you're mental enough to go into London on New Years Eve that is... :rolleyes:

i've never understood the gathering of freaks in Trafalgar Square... i mean, there's no booze!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    whats the story with all the pubs closing at half 12?! lookin at my list of metal bars all over the world- there's none in scotland open passed feckin midnight... I'm not impressed!!! :D

you should go to prison for New Year - lots of metal bars there...

:o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Buru wrote:
    nothing that a few drinks can't solve
    then it's all music to my ears
    :D

Yup and the beer was quite cheap :D

dunkman wrote:

LOL I love you guys dearly but I can tell you that none of you are invited to my wedding..............:D for one reason and one reason alone............*read the last few thousand pages of London and Dublin threads :D
    I need a coffee!