London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I see we had some real stimulating conversation in here today :rolleyes: :D

"stimulus-response, stimulus-response... don't you ever think?"

:p
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Chime wrote:
    As you swipe it at barriers it will tell you how much is left on it so you will know when you are getting to the point you need to top up.

does it ? how's that work then ? does it speak to you...?

just got a free one as well, in case i ever need to hop on a bus and haven't got a travelcard.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dunkman wrote:
    ok my free Oyster card has arrived... i am going to add credit to it online... how much is the train to Wembley and shit like that? can i easily add more to it when i'm in London? and why are women so gorgeous and stuff?
    one important thing:
    Oyster does not work on trains (a bloody pain that is believe me! it's going to change, but god knows when :rolleyes: ).
    so if you plan at all to use the trains and not just Bus/tube, you're better off buying a day travelcard.

the barrier displays what's left when you go in, and what's been charged and what's left when you go out (just the last part on buses).
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    The whole tube-being-the-tube and the train-being-something-completely-different business is so damn confusing.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Guys.. I'm having a very senior moment... I can't really remember who will be staying at my house in June and for which days (sorry :o).

If you think you're staying or if you asked, or if I know you and you need a place to crash, please PM me which nights you are staying... Would be very helpful.. thank you :o
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Guys.. I'm having a very senior moment... I can't really remember who will be staying at my house in June and for which days (sorry :o).

If you think you're staying or if you asked, or if I know you and you need a place to crash, please PM me which nights you are staying... Would be very helpful.. thank you :o
    :D:o a 'senior moment'? At what age does it stop being a 'blonde moment' and become a 'senior moment?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    one important thing:
    Oyster does not work on trains (a bloody pain that is believe me! it's going to change, but god knows when :rolleyes: ).
    so if you plan at all to use the trains and not just Bus/tube, you're better off buying a day travelcard.

the barrier displays what's left when you go in, and what's been charged and what's left when you go out (just the last part on buses).

the fucking leaflet thing told me it works on trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lying buggers that they are :D:D

i dont have the leaflet but i'm sure it said trains were included (well some routes anyway!!)

soooo confusing
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    :D:o a 'senior moment'? At what age does it stop being a 'blonde moment' and become a 'senior moment?
    when you've never been blonde and you are my age....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Pin you're lookin very sexy in that first pic :p;)
    I need a coffee!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    the fucking leaflet thing told me it works on trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lying buggers that they are :D:D

i dont have the leaflet but i'm sure it said trains were included (well some routes anyway!!)

soooo confusing

it will only work on 'trains' if it is a weekly or monthly travel card
    or some trains for that matter
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    it will only work on 'trains' if it is a weekly or monthly travel card
    and on PAYG a handful of trains:
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/tickets/Get_most_out_of_Oyster_Card.pdf

oh, and forget online top-up (auto or not), you have to designate WHICH station you go to 'pick up' that top up; you can't just swipe at any, let alone on the bus. so when you get off the train/plane i London, just top it up there instead, it's simpler.
  • rockaholicrockaholic Posts: 28
    hiya!

Anyone meeting up sunday june 17th and before the gig? where/when - all that good stuff.

anyone in the windsor area?

cheers!
    jennifer
    91:OffRamp,RKCNDY
    92:Lollapalooza; Drop in the Park
    96:Sea 98:Sea 00:Sea
    01:Sea, 02:Sea, 03:Van
    05:Gorge,Van, 06:Gorge,Bridge
    07:Wembley 08: EV Van, Rock Honors-LA
    09:Sea,Portland 10:London 11:PJ20,Van,EV-Benaroya
    12:Missoula,EV-Vegas
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    redrock wrote:
    Guys.. I'm having a very senior moment... I can't really remember who will be staying at my house in June and for which days (sorry ).

If you think you're staying or if you asked, or if I know you and you need a place to crash, please PM me which nights you are staying... Would be very helpful.. thank you

:D
    damn girl!

hope you didn't give up my bed already! :p i believe i will be meeting you at heathrow the morning of june 15th........and then staying with you, i hope! :o through sunday!

funny, i realize 3 more weeks and i leave! :eek: *jumps for joy*...and that i best reaffirm my plans, get mobile #s...addresses......etc. so i was gonna PM. perhaps i will do that still, cover these 'senior moments' ;).....so yea...count me in!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Hinny wrote:
    The whole tube-being-the-tube and the train-being-something-completely-different business is so damn confusing.

the tube is the underground, other parts of the world might call it the metro or the subway, or the s bahn
    the fact that large parts of the underground are actually above the ground is a different matter all together.

the trains, are pretty much all above the ground, but do go underground as well. they usually go alot further out to the suburbs, and outside of london.

any more confused now? i am :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • rockaholic wrote:
    hiya!

Anyone meeting up sunday june 17th and before the gig? where/when - all that good stuff.

anyone in the windsor area?

cheers!
    jennifer
    This is the plan...

:)
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    redrock wrote:

It's actually not that big compared to some arena venues, certainly not as big as Cardiff's standing area which takes up most of the venue and thats a small arena.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    damn girl!

hope you didn't give up my bed already! :p i believe i will be meeting you at heathrow the morning of june 15th........and then staying with you, i hope! :o through sunday!

funny, i realize 3 more weeks and i leave! :eek: *jumps for joy*...and that i best reaffirm my plans, get mobile #s...addresses......etc. so i was gonna PM. perhaps i will do that still, cover these 'senior moments' ;).....so yea...count me in!

No worries about you.... check your pms...

Damn.. you used up all the smilie allocation! :mad smilie:
    It's actually not that big compared to some arena venues, certainly not as big as Cardiff's standing area which takes up most of the venue and thats a small arena.

Just looked big on the pic.. :o
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    redrock wrote:
    No worries about you.... check your pms...

Damn.. you used up all the smilie allocation! :mad smilie:

i did, thanks! :)
    i DO need to get all my ducks in a row already...three weeks! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    the tube is the underground, other parts of the world might call it the metro or the subway, or the s bahn
    the fact that large parts of the underground are actually above the ground is a different matter all together.

the trains, are pretty much all above the ground, but do go underground as well. they usually go alot further out to the suburbs, and outside of london.

any more confused now? i am :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I think my head may have just exploded, reformed, only to explode again.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    3 weeks and 3 days
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    with just over 3 weeks to go
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    3 weeks and 3 days

I wonder who will be the last to post one of these :D

Aw, I'm gonna miss a lot of the super build up cos I'll have no internet for a week before the show :(

(yeah, poor me... no internet cos I'll be off wandering other parts of Europe! :p)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    dunkman wrote:
    with just over 3 weeks to go its now i'm starting to worry about old relatives dying... which is selfish i know

If they're dead there is nothing you can do for them so you may as well just go and enjoy yourself, just tell yourself thats what they would have wanted :D
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Jennytree wrote:

Aw, I'm gonna miss a lot of the super build up cos I'll have no internet for a week before the show :(

(yeah, poor me... no internet cos I'll be off wandering other parts of Europe! :p)

Boo Hoo for you :rolleyes:

If they're dead there is nothing you can do for them so you may as well just go and enjoy yourself, just tell yourself thats what they would have wanted :D

you were quick... i felt what i typed was insensitive once i'd read it!!!

its more the funeral... if they have a funeral i'd need to be there.

its really selfish of me.. but if it was one of my relatives i'd need to go... wouldnt I?
    Jennytree wrote:

its a tough life... but some fetish freak has to do it :rolleyes:
    dunkman wrote:
    you were quick... i felt what i typed was insensitive once i'd read it!!!

its more the funeral... if they have a funeral i'd need to be there.

its really selfish of me.. but if it was one of my relatives i'd need to go... wouldnt I?

You would only be away a day or two, surely they could postpone it!

Jeez I'm a hartless cow :o

no posts for almost 7 hours...?
    has everyone boogered off for the Bank Holiday weekend already ?