Do you get tan or sunburn?

13»

Comments

• InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    In the begining of summer I go through my Rite of Passage.....I burn it hurts, but its over. For the rest of the summer I am tan as hell.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I rub olive oil on my hairy chest and rock my black "pleather" thong when I tan.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I definitely burn out there. Has anyone heard of or used this new spray on sunblock? I wanna try that stuff. Would save me a lot of time....and pain... :p
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    dunkman wrote:
    I'm 100% Scottish.. and i mean the kinda Scottish where i was born and raised here.. not the 100% Scottish that Americans seem to think they are if their great-great-great-great-great-great-Grandfather Jimmy McHaggis arrived in New York to set up a ScotMart... the OP is in Chicago and yet he's 50% Polish and 50% Irish... :confused: and i bet his mum and dad are American also... So that means you arent American then? weird... i mean how far do we go back??? Hey I'm 2% Chimpanzee, 17% Neanderthal and 81% Plant Sap?

so i'm 100% Scottish and so obviously i SUNBURN

100% Scottish, eh?

What are the odds of some inbreeding along that line?

I don't give much cred to genealogy. Paternity testing is relatively new, after all. :rolleyes:
    According to the family tree, I am a mix of German, English, Polish, French and Cherokee. That said, I have strawberry blonde hair, a few freckles and fair skin - Yep, I BURN.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    half irish / half italian... i got the greasiness of the italian half and the freckles of the irish half... lucky me :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dunkman wrote:
    I'm 100% Scottish.. and i mean the kinda Scottish where i was born and raised here.. not the 100% Scottish that Americans seem to think they are if their great-great-great-great-great-great-Grandfather Jimmy McHaggis arrived in New York to set up a ScotMart... the OP is in Chicago and yet he's 50% Polish and 50% Irish... :confused: and i bet his mum and dad are American also... So that means you arent American then? weird... i mean how far do we go back??? Hey I'm 2% Chimpanzee, 17% Neanderthal and 81% Plant Sap?
    americans have no sense of identity... we have no real culture of our own... i dont really even think of it as a nationality... thats just how it is... dont get upset about it... your obviously more of a scot than any yankee doodle is :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    I'm half Polish, half Irish and I need to ask for a raise for all the sunblock I have to wear in the summer.

I'm in the midst of one of the most painful sunburns of my life, I was in the water helping my bro-in-law put in his pier for 6 hours on Saturday and I can still barely move. It was partly cloudy all day but I should have known better and am now in hell.
    I burn like only my northern European blood will let me. I feel you pain!! I got a sunburn so bad in college it hurt to move, too. I said sunpoisoning so bad it made me sick to my stomach. I haven't had a sunburn since because I BURN LIKE A BITCH!!!
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I tan. I've never actually had a sunburn but they look painful.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I'm mostly Irish. Surprisingly I burn a little and then tan pretty well
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • I sunburn easily as I am fair in complexion.
    I have only tanned once, whilst in Croatia for a summer holiday.
    Here in Australia I cannot tan.
    My skin is starting to show the damage now in my late 20's.
    Sunspots, lines, shit complexion, frown lines that are deep and obvious.
    I have had a number of bad burns on my face/neck.
    Worried that I will get skin cancer so I regularly check my skin, even scalp seeing it got sizzled to the point of oozing puss one summer.
    I avoid the sun in spring/summer.
    If I have to go out I will wear a hat and sunscreen and sunglasses.
    That is kinda hard to do at work and work days out as noone wears silly hats like me, some peoples attitude to sun safety is pathetic.
    Sadly Australia is the skin cancer capital of the world.
    For sunburn relief I recommend aloe vera gel that has been refrigerated, makes it cold and soothing.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    sunburn easily, not as white as this guy though :lol:

Sheamus_www.nowlix.com_wallapers_sexy_naked_nude_hot_videos-0.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    I'm 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Irish and 1/4 English
    I definalty have the colourings of the indian/italian so I soak up the sunshine all year round.

Am yet to find anyone else with the same background as me.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Viking chick here with lots of melanin ... tan deep and golden
    I love Sun :D