Do you get tan or sunburn?

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    what's the story with the Italian sun? :confused: It's the only hot country I've been to that I get a perfect tan... EVERY time... without going through the burn :o . Anywhere else I burn and then it turns to tan, I don't get it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I tan very easily...my skin just soaks up the sun. I was warned that I would burn in the Australian sun : rolleyes : :p Not a chance! : D I'm half Italian, a quarter Polish and a quarter German...seems to be a good combo for tanning. I know I should use sunblock anyway...and I do sometimes on my face...but not as much as I should

Girl!!! :eek: We have the highest rate of melanoma in the world, you have to promise you'll get religious about sunblock and hats!!! Please? :)

And I burn, burn, burn, then I peel and then I freckle. :rolleyes:

No tanning here!! But then I could burn in the middle of winter. :rolleyes:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I burn... then I go slightly brown, not much to write home about really... and I always use sunblock :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    haha this is more like it

TAN baby !!
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am half Polish and half Scottish/English/Irish....no ever tells me the truth.
    I never tan my face as I don't want to look like an old hag. I keep it under wraps and use a light self tanner.
    I also have to use a high spf on my body as I will burn easily. But if I gradually ease my skin into the sun, I end up with a nice tan. It is not easy though.

self tanner?????????????? lmao
    what's the story with the Italian sun? :confused: It's the only hot country I've been to that I get a perfect tan... EVERY time... without going through the burn :o . Anywhere else I burn and then it turns to tan, I don't get it.

we're the best baby ,, u should know that by now
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I burn quite easliy but it quickly turns into a lovely brown tan.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    tanned. But it takes a while!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Jeanie wrote:
    Girl!!! :eek: We have the highest rate of melanoma in the world, you have to promise you'll get religious about sunblock and hats!!! Please? :)

And I burn, burn, burn, then I peel and then I freckle.

No tanning here!! But then I could burn in the middle of winter. :rolleyes:
    I promise Jeanie! I don't want to get skin cancer...and I don't want to get all wrinkly :p but I really do love a nice tan :o It's hard to get used to using sunblock (and to taking shorter showers!) but these are things I will adjust to
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    I promise Jeanie! I don't want to get skin cancer...and I don't want to get all wrinkly :p but I really do love a nice tan :o It's hard to get used to using sunblock (and to taking shorter showers!) but these are things I will adjust to

screw skin cancer... u look 10x better with alittle tan working ;)

( u = all of us)
    NY PJ1 wrote:

( u = all of us)
    I agree...at least for myself...but even when I'm not tan I look sort of tan anyway :p
    I agree...at least for myself...but even when I'm not tan I look sort of tan anyway :p

cant be all pasty white.... gross ;)

like a ghost and shit
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cant be all pasty white.... gross ;)

like a ghost and shit
    but it does look good on some people - it's kind of like hair color...usually what's close to your natural color looks best
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice Posts: 206
    Tan. I change nationality in the summer.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
    but it does look good on some people - it's kind of like hair color...usually what's close to your natural color looks best

if u say so ,,but pasty girls aren't the thang for me

that being said,,i wouldnt, ya know... turn down a pasty girl ,but i would always try for the tanned chick 1st
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    NY PJ1 wrote:

( u = all of us)

I would rather be pastey than dead :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I know my skin would burn if I gave it a chance as I am what NY PJ1 would describe as pasty :p ... so constant sunblock in the summer for me ... good job we don't usually get much of a summer on this side of the pond :D

Luckily never had sunburn ... and hope never to have it.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if u say so ,,but pasty girls aren't the thang for me

that being said,,i wouldnt, ya know... turn down a pasty girl ,but i would always try for the tanned chick 1st
    Is the cougar all tanned up? :p

Some women look gorgeous with pale skin...especially with dark hair...or light red hair...stunning.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I burn very easily. Even when I go to the beach, I am always putting on sunblock every 20 minutes and still get horribly burnt. It's gotten to the point that I don't go out on the beach until the evening or only go out on the porch if there's some shade.
    I would rather be pastey than dead :p

yea but u might as well look good till ya die ;) lol
    Is the cougar all tanned up? :p

Some women look gorgeous with pale skin...especially with dark hair...or light red hair...stunning.

as of this moment not really,,but she gets the tan working in the summer

hey if ya like the irish pale look thats fine... but its not my bag ;)

give me some tan lines ,,well actually no tan lines... but you know what i mean
    I burn very easily. Even when I go to the beach, I am always putting on sunblock every 20 minutes and still get horribly burnt. It's gotten to the point that I don't go out on the beach until the evening or only go out on the porch if there's some shade.

that must be horrible,, i cant imagine not being able to enjoy the beautiful sun
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that must be horrible,, i cant imagine not being able to enjoy the beautiful sun
    At times, but then again, I'm not much of a beach person so it doesn't bother me too much.

Plus I've got no problems with sitting out on the porch with a beer or seven and watching all the lovelies tan and swim ;)
    At times, but then again, I'm not much of a beach person so it doesn't bother me too much.

Plus I've got no problems with sitting out on the porch with a beer or seven and watching all the lovelies tan and swim ;)

you got a point there lol
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Is it even possible to get tanned/burned in the UK/Ireland?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hinny wrote:

Nope :cool:

... there are a few people walking around with tans as for a couple of weeks we had been up around 26-28 ... has dropped back to our May normal of 21-22 this week though
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I'm either ghost-white or sunburned. There is no "tan". My ancestors should've mingled more.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hinny wrote:
    :D actually it is! Very very possible :o I usually have a decent tan by the end of the summer :) but in spring ya see a few lobsters walking around :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm 100% Scottish.. and i mean the kinda Scottish where i was born and raised here.. not the 100% Scottish that Americans seem to think they are if their great-great-great-great-great-great-Grandfather Jimmy McHaggis arrived in New York to set up a ScotMart... the OP is in Chicago and yet he's 50% Polish and 50% Irish... :confused: and i bet his mum and dad are American also... So that means you arent American then? weird... i mean how far do we go back??? Hey I'm 2% Chimpanzee, 17% Neanderthal and 81% Plant Sap?

so i'm 100% Scottish and so obviously i SUNBURN
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.