Childbirth is nothing compared to

Comments

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    but how would you know. men cant experience childbirth for comparison.

Ever been kicked in the balls?

The same argument works in reverse, how can a woman know that no man has felt pain paramount to child birth?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    For the dental pain, try Benzocaine or Zidocaine. You can buy benzocaine in your drug store under the brand name Oragel. It's just a liquid you rub on your gums to numb the pain.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    shit ryan dont rain on my parade. opiates are my friend. :D

be glad that your not allergic to morphine along with just about any other painkiller that could be mentioned
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:
    be glad that your not allergic to morphine along with just about any other painkiller that could be mentioned

General Anaesthetic?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ever been kicked in the balls?

The same argument works in reverse, how can a woman know that no man has felt pain paramount to child birth?

no. but then ive never tried to equate the pain a kick in the balls produces with the pain of childbirth. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Ahnimus wrote:
    General Anaesthetic?

those I can do. but narcotic painkillers...nah

okay sure, from now on anytime I'm in pain I'll just ask for a general anesthetic :p
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:

im not allergic to anything. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    prism wrote:
    those I can do. but narcotic painkillers...nah

okay sure, from now on anytime I'm in pain I'll just ask for a general anesthetic :p

I'd love to have a portable canister of nitrous oxide. I could take a time-out any time I want without the difficulties of trying to sleep.
    im not allergic to anything. :)

can I smack you? ;)

and you won't get any morphine for the intense pain either! :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My worst pain (and it was worse than childbirth) was with recurrent corneal erosion. Its like the top layer of your cornea isn't growing right, and for some reason, it erodes, leaving exposed nerve endings in your eye, and it hurts to blink or open your eye because the eyelid scrapes against the eroded cornea. During my worst episode (and it happens over and over again, hence the name 'recurrent') I had mentally come to terms with losing an eye and it would have been a relief. I truly thought it was over. I didn't open the eye for 17 hours - my husband had to take me and lead me into the eye doctor. Fortunately they had a numbing drops and fortunately its under control now. It was the worst pain ever.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    prism wrote:
    can I smack you? ;)

and you won't get any morphine for the intense pain either! :D

you can give it your best shot. :D

but i doubt i'll be needing morphine. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Pain is good for ya!
    "It's all happening"
  • barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    I just had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. I was scared. My only problem now is the pain meds make me queasy.

My worst pain: Childbirth followed closely with a Kidney Stone.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    baraka wrote:
    I just had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. I was scared. My only problem now is the pain meds make me queasy.

All mine came through when I was about fourteen. They never gave me any problems.

I've got a gap in between my teeth, but my teeth are good. I saw no reason to fook about with them. If the gap's unsightly to some, I really don't care. It's nature's way of helping me to enjoy spaghetti.
    ...All mine came through when I was about fourteen. They never gave me any problems.

same here. i wasnt even sure i had mine considering all the pain stories i'd been told over the years. i had to count my teeth to work out mine were through. and im still not convinced. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    All mine came through when I was about fourteen. They never gave me any problems.

I've got a gap in between my teeth, but my teeth are good. I saw no reason to fook about with them. If the gap's unsightly to some, I really don't care. It's nature's way of helping me to enjoy spaghetti.

You know, all four of mine came in without issue. My teeth were straight never had braces. Then about 2 years ago, I chipped one eating ice, a bad habit I used to have. It started giving me problems, so they took all of them. Even before I had a problem the dentists wanted to take them. I used them! They will be missed.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

~Albert Einstein
    baraka wrote:
    You know, all four of mine came in without issue. My teeth were straight never had braces. Then about 2 years ago, I chipped one eating ice, a bad habit I used to have. It started giving me problems, so they took all of them. Even before I had a problem the dentists wanted to take them. I used them! They will be missed.

Fucking dentists. They're like a crosseyed man trying to shave a mohican onto a hippie.
  • Fucking dentists. They're like a crosseyed man trying to shave a mohican onto a hippie.

easy...my bro is a dentist...and he rocks!
    "It's all happening"
    easy...my bro is a dentist...and he rocks!

My brother's a lawyer, and he's a cunt. :D
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Fucking dentists. They're like a crosseyed man trying to shave a mohican onto a hippie.

you're an anti-dent-tite.....;) :D
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    baraka wrote:
    That was a sweet ode to your teeth.
    I have all of my wisdom teeth, but have had to fight tooth (lol) and nail to keep them. Everyone is always foaming at the mouth to take them out.
    I would miss them too.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away

He he......never liked going to the dentist. I have this weird phobia of scraping and drilling sounds. I don't hardly remember yesterday at all, they gave me this narcotic/benzodiazepine cocktail. I'm still a bit confused today.........
    ~Daniel Boorstin

~Albert Einstein
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I have all of my wisdom teeth, but have had to fight tooth (lol) and nail to keep them. Everyone is always foaming at the mouth to take them out.
    I would miss them too.

really tc?.....dentists foaming?.....sure, enthusiastic......but foaming? ;)

:D:D:D
    I actually shaved a mohican onto a hippie, I'll have you know, so I sympathise with dentists. It's a stressful occupation when you're drunk.

:D
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I would miss them too.

Cherish them............ha ha....sorry, I'm still on pain meds. Dentists are weird about the wisdom teeth. 'Oh, they are hard to clean, etc, etc.' And if you need a filling in one forget about it.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

~Albert Einstein
    cutback wrote:
    really tc?.....dentists foaming?.....sure, enthusiastic......but foaming? ;)

:D:D:D
    Yeah..they were. lol
    It is really nice to see you. :)
    I actually shaved a mohican onto a hippie, I'll have you know, so I sympathise with dentists. It's a stressful occupation when you're drunk.

:D

I knew a dentist in college that would get so drunk, when he stood up, it was like someone tilted the world on him. It was quite a sight to see. He was known as fall down Dan. He also liked to hit the Nitrous Oxide.......
    ~Daniel Boorstin

~Albert Einstein
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yeah..they were. lol
    It is really nice to see you. :)

is lovely to see you as well......:).....and maybe your dentist needs some therapy, maybe medication, to control that foaming situation.....:D :D:D
    cutback wrote:
    is lovely to see you as well......:).....and maybe your dentist needs some therapy, maybe medication, to control that foaming situation.....:D :D:D
    I think he was foaming at the mouth thinking about how much money he could make off my little family. lol
    I have switched recently and my new one is cool and isn't all hot to rip them out. I won't. No way. I just won't show up. I never had a cavity my whole life until the aforementioned foamer came into play. All of a sudden i have 2!
    I don't really think I had them at all.
    lol
  • tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    gall stones are more painful. i know this from experience. :)

i have to agree. i've had 2 kids...one regular...one c section. i've had umpteen cancer surgeries/chemo/radiation. i even hit a windshield at 70 mph and lost some of my upper lip, tip of my nose and most of my top teeth in an instant. none of those beat gall stone pain. hitting the windshield hurt worse than anything on earth...but really only for a split second. gall stones linger..you can't lie down, you can't sit up, you can't stand...and the whole world narrows down to that pain that can last hours and hours. ugh just thinking about that makes me have phantom gall bladder pain.
This discussion has been closed.