To The Slow Walkers of the World...

13»

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    CJMST3K wrote:
    HOWEVER,

Ever play with one of those wind-up race cars? They stay straight when moving fast, but once it goes slower it starts to turn, influenced more by the floor below it.

So... slow walkers are influenced by whats around them.

So who winds them up? :confused:
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Had to bring this one back up. I guess it only really gets to me either when it's freezing cold out or humid as shit. Today's complaint: escalators are not a fucking ride. I was going down the escalator today at Union Square trying to pass the "riders" who were side by side. I said excuse me, was thrown a dirty look, so I just worked my way through the two and went on my way. At least stay to one side of the escalator!!! That is all., again. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    two slow walkers in front of you, you can't pass

Slow walkers in a museum who are not looking at anything, but just walking slow staring at empty wall, floor, or ceiling
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Had to bring this one back up. I guess it only really gets to me either when it's freezing cold out or humid as shit. Today's complaint: escalators are not a fucking ride. I was going down the escalator today at Union Square trying to pass the "riders" who were side by side. I said excuse me, was thrown a dirty look, so I just worked my way through the two and went on my way. At least stay to one side of the escalator!!! That is all., again. :D

Well you said excuse me - they shouldn't be glaring at you! Good for you - I'd have done the same thing. Sheesh - its ny what do they expect.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mookie9999 wrote:

You should just do what my boyfriend does. He just keeps walking and if anybody get's in his way, they just get knocked over. lol. A lot like that video from The Verve.

I'm trying to teach myself to walk slower. I dash about too much.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i feel the need to bump this :(

it seems they're becoming worse everywhere i go... in packs, side by side, no way to step around...

and SLOWER :(
    wah
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Slow cars ahead of me when I am trying to make the green arrow that has a camera on it!!!!!!!

they piss me off.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    slow walker here.
    i don't stagger though just a bit slower.
    bad knees and shit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I prefer to think of it as a gentle amble.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I'm defending the slow walkers as I'm one. My wife has always taken the piss and I thought she was joking until I went to London and found myself being overtaken by people with crutches.

Too much rushing around in this world. Let's amble. :lol:
  • canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    good humor thread, earth day tomorrow take it slow, be at peace people its life not a race besides by the time "we" us thirty fourty somethings get to the point of retirement, yikes :shock:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    LOL!! I agree!! If they would just stay to one side or the other. I seem to get stuck behind people that walk slow and are taking up the entrie walkway all the time!!
    I tend to move quickly and they irritate me.
    Save room for dessert!
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I've got two words for you:

STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Look into it!

That is all
    This infuriates me....especially when they travel in packs. Not too long ago I was in Wal Mart, walking behind a couple who had the whole lane blocked when the man noticed me behind them....he told his redneck old lady to move over quietly and she said "He can go around." Problem was that I couldn't actually because the aisle over was blocked by a pack of 'Standers"...no doubt discussing the latest twists and turns on As the World Turns. She moved and I just walked by and grinned like a jackass at her.

Walmart should hand everyone who enters a baseball bat and impose a free-swinging policy on the knees of anyone who slow walks or stands in the middle of aisles.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    edited April 2010
    nuffingman wrote:
    I'm defending the slow walkers as I'm one. My wife has always taken the piss and I thought she was joking until I went to London and found myself being overtaken by people with crutches.

Too much rushing around in this world. Let's amble. :lol:
    Despite my post just above, I largely agree with you because I too like to take my time and try not to rush. But, there is also the matter of people who simply do not care if they impede the progress of someone who is moving faster than they are....so if we must amble...a little common courteous wouldn't hurt either. Sometimes there is cause for rushing...

EDIT: 2000th Post!!! WOOOHOOO!!! Who said I wasn't going to accomplish anything today?!?!?! :D:D:D:D
    Post edited by Yellow Ledbelly on
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I just wish people (fast or slow) would be aware of thier surroundings. Don't back up into me or walk directly at me as if you had no concept you weren't alone in your patch of the world.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    FAST WALKERS SUCK TOO!! my boss is like that. He will open his office door and just RUSH the hell out, almost hitting people walking by. and he will just keep going. And heaven forbid you are in front of him....you feel like he is gonna walk right over you!!!
    Odd bird. 8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I just wish people (fast or slow) would be aware of thier surroundings. Don't back up into me or walk directly at me as if you had no concept you weren't alone in your patch of the world.

Don't get me started on people in stores with shopping carts. They get hit with my legendary glare and stare down. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My wife says I literally growl at people, but I don't hear it.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Wow. Not sure where this thread was dug up from! lol! All I can say is that I still face this issue daily, but love NYC so much that it bothers me less and less. Well either it's my love of the city or the copious amount of pot I've smoked since I originally started this thread!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"