To The Slow Walkers of the World...

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I've got two words for you:

STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Look into it!

That is all
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999 wrote:

STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Look into it!

That is all

Might I request that we make another lane for the FeetDraggers/ShoeShufflers?

:)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    mookie9999 wrote:

STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Look into it!

That is all

Good call. And if you are slow walker, walking with OTHER slow walkers, you cant walk 5 people side by side so nobody can pass......

get to the right side.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    jamainiac wrote:
    Might I request that we make another lane for the FeetDraggers/ShoeShufflers?

:)
    Only if the lane is surrounded by an electric fence that if they sway at all they would receive an electric shock similar to what a police officer uses to detain a criminal. This would not include children, because after all what do kids do other than drag thier feet?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Good call. And if you are slow walker, walking with OTHER slow walkers, you cant walk 5 people side by side so nobody can pass......

get to the right side.

Ten minutes ago that happened and prompted me to start this thread.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    speaking of walkers who can't keep to a straightline, today a friend of mine fell foul of a guy not looking where he was going, he tripped her up, she really hurt her knees, ripped her trousers, he spilt his coffee over her. He was completely apologetic and helped her up but I felt like punching him. she was really shaken up.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • hahahaha so true! nothing worse than trying to pass someone and they keep vering off from side to side.

I take it you just got back from some christmas shopping!
    hahahaha so true! nothing worse than trying to pass someone and they keep vering off from side to side.

I take it you just got back from some christmas shopping!

Just another day on the streets of New York. No shopping involved.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• I concur about the slow walkers.

And by the way, if we ever bump into each other in the street, me and my wheelchair are probably going to go to the LEFT of you. No need to keep doing the left, right, where is he going to go, basketball fakey thing. It confuses the hell out of me. If we meet each other in the street, walk to the left of me.

Thanks. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Can we include the "stopping in the middle of the walkway for no apparent reason" people as well. I'd like them to have their own little fenced pen to mill around aimlessly in.
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10/21/06 & 10/22/06 (Bridge Shows)
  • Vedd Hedd wrote:

get to the right side.

I went to the christkindlmarket in Chicago with my husband and baby on Saturday, and we spent the whole walk from the el to the market trapped behind these three doofuses walking slowly with their arms linked. :rolleyes:
  • Seattle has the same exact problem, only with the drivers. I got stuck behind someone going 35 on the I-5 yesterday with NO ONE in front of him and the lanes to my left were too crowded to get over for a while. I was so pissed! I've noticed that here no one knows that the left lane is the fast lane. I go crazy everyday with this! I walk really fast too.... no titilywinking around for me. :)

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Dublin only has that problem in summer when the spanish students come over.

Big groups of them walking very very slowly and stopping randomly and shouting at each other...

... EVERY effin' summer!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Can we include the "stopping in the middle of the walkway for no apparent reason" people as well. I'd like them to have their own little fenced pen to mill around aimlessly in.

we should also include the 'stopping at the end of an escalator' people. there should be catapults. if the weight stays the same for more than 1 sec, the person on there gets a free flight.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I live in Edmonton.
    Home to the current Worlds largest mall.
    West Edmonton mall.

I hate.
    hate,
    HATE.

When I cant get around the slow walking groups of people.
    I feel like yelling Red Rover, Red Rover! And having a go.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Just another day on the streets of New York. No shopping involved.

Ha! I knew your were from NY from the first post! Its annoying in upstate too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • gggrrrrrrrrrrrr...:mad:
    drive me mad!
    the slow-walkers and those who stop in entrances/exits....wtf?!
    just today, packed movie theatre exiting, and this senior woman stops dead in the exit, for no apparent reason./...continues to stand there, in everyone's way....had to scootch around her. wtf i say?! sheesh. i am a fast walker, and talker...and no, i do not pause at entrances, exits, escalators, etc...keep it movin' people. stop and smell the roses when no one is itchin' to get by you. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• slow walkers drive me mad....just wanna shove 'em with my shoulder one good time. i used to have a coworker that walked as if he had concrete in his shoes....freaking snail ass!
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    this happens to me all the time at work! i just need to get to the back room or where ever it is so that i can do my job....and people just walk soooo slowly in front of me?!? though maybe i'm just a fast walker...hmmm. but i've got shit to do...outta my way!! i promise i'll be nice to you later :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    That's why i love this place. I thought I was the only one.

MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PEOPLE!!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Wow, so there really is an advantage to my boring suburban lifestyle...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    gggrrrrrrrrrrrr...:mad:
    drive me mad!
    the slow-walkers and those who stop in entrances/exits....wtf?!
    just today, packed movie theatre exiting, and this senior woman stops dead in the exit, for no apparent reason./...continues to stand there, in everyone's way....had to scootch around her. wtf i say?! sheesh. i am a fast walker, and talker...and no, i do not pause at entrances, exits, escalators, etc...keep it movin' people. stop and smell the roses when no one is itchin' to get by you. :p
    Love this thread. We are both fast walkers and totally agree on all counts, although I have to say while on vacation I have been guilty (on occasion) of said offense. Not any more! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=3OHD6OI5Ubs

Wait for the esclator bit. Its the same on ski hills, you can never time it when they're going back and fourth.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • mookie9999 wrote:

STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Look into it!

That is all

100% agree.

I've always been a fast walker. I can't stand to get stuck behind the slo-mos and while I have never physically pushed someone out of the way....with the exception of the PJ/U2 concert when the people in front of me were moving s l o w as I heard the PJ intro begin....I had to squeeze my way a bit forcefully down the aisle to my seat...but I digress.....

stay to the side slow pokes and get out of my way!
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    I'm relieved to know it's an international phenomenon.

I am dismayed, however, to learn that NYC has become a slow walker town. :mad:

I wonder if they still have that fast walker lane in London.
  • tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    i am one of those slow walkers (health reasons n super short legs) but even i get annoyed by the blue hairs n emos just hangin out. c'mon people...if a disabled almost old lady is walking faster than you...MOVE! DRINK SOME AMP! DO A LINE! do something but get out of my freaking way! n don't give me a dirty look when i push past you k?
    JaneNY wrote:
    Ha! I knew your were from NY from the first post! Its annoying in upstate too.

The worst part is I'm not talking about tourists (although they do suck) or old people (they can't help being slow). I can spot tourists easily by their deer in the headlights look or their xtra large map that they're using to locate the WTC site because the signs all over the street pointing them there just aren't obvious enough and plan accordingly to manuever around them. I'm talking about this young punk kids (mind you I'm only in my 20's) that are in their late teens-early twenties that walk in packs and are this close to getting a size 12 up their ass if they don't start moving faster. To the fast walkers on here who agree Happy Holidays! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• i fucking HATE slow walkers!!

so i graduated last week...

my family tells me i was fastest collecting my degree, yeeeeeh go me :o
    wah
  • qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Great thread!

I agree with all above comments.

And on Escelators, PLEASE stand on the right, and walk on the left!!!!
    They do this well in Britain, N. America not so much.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
    i fucking HATE slow walkers!!

so i graduated last week...

my family tells me i was fastest collecting my degree, yeeeeeh go me :o

Keep up the good work!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    i'm definately a slow walker... although i know to keep to the right so people can pass me (esp in fast paced places like london... its crazy there!!)