Options

Mall Shooting

Comments

• Options
    Impossible ? I doubt it

If someone wants to do something like this nothing will stop them

Guns are everywhere
    :confused: You really believe that? I wouldn't even know where to START if I wanted to get my hands on a gun... you'd have to deal with some pretty evil criminals. I do know quite a few former IRA members but I doubt they'd tell me where the guns are buried. Sure, people who are already IN with some dodgy characters would know... but your average school kid or psycho wouldn't be able to get their hands on one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Impossible ? I doubt it

If someone wants to do something like this nothing will stop them

Guns are everywhere

i'm 33 years old... i have no fucking idea at all where i could get a gun from... and i know some dodgy folk.. but if i started asking them for a gun they'd show me to the police.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    :confused: You really believe that? I wouldn't even know where to START if I wanted to get my hands on a gun... you'd have to deal with some pretty evil criminals. I do know quite a few former IRA members but I doubt they'd tell me where the guns are buried. Sure, people who are already IN with some dodgy characters would know... but your average school kid or psycho wouldn't be able to get their hands on one.

Yeah I do

If someone has their mind made up they'll find some way some how to get a gun

Just like drugs or anything illegal
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I was thinking when does the Marilyn Manson blame start ?

I blame reality tv
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm 33 years old... i have no fucking idea at all where i could get a gun from... and i know some dodgy folk.. but if i started asking them for a gun they'd show me to the police.

I guess they're not dodgy enough ;)

The people I hang out with are the same way, no guns or drugs

There are crappy neighborhoods where you can get hooked up with gun laws or not

• Options
    Yeah I do

If someone has their mind made up they'll find some way some how to get a gun

Just like drugs or anything illegal
    nope, you are absolutely 100% wrong about that. Most people here my age smoke hash so therefore have some kinda access to drug dealers to get drugs... sure these dealers probably have access to guns but they won't sell THEM to the general public. They want to keep UNDER the radar... last thing they want is some psycho customer killing his wife or a load of shoppers or school kids... absolutely no way! I'm going to have to presume your american for thinking that everyone in the world can get their hand on a gun cos it simply ain't true.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nope, you are absolutely 100% wrong about that. Most people here my age smoke hash so therefore have some kinda access to drug dealers to get drugs... sure these dealers probably have access to guns but they won't sell THEM to the general public. They want to keep UNDER the radar... last thing they want is some psycho customer killing his wife or a load of shoppers or school kids... absolutely no way! I'm going to have to presume your american for thinking that everyone in the world can get their hand on a gun cos it simply ain't true.

So there isn't any random violence over there with guns ?

Where someone who seems to be semi normal one day and go's nuts and gets his hands on a gun ?

• Options
    So there isn't any random violence over there with guns ?

Where someone who seems to be semi normal one day and go's nuts and gets his hands on a gun ?
    Honestly I can't think of any one case. Sure there are gangland killings and there have been some shootings where innocents got caught up in that... I'm not condoning that at ALL but I can't remember any one case where a generally crimeless person got their hands on a gun and went nuts... not one... oh there was ONE farmer a few years back who finally lost the plot when some gypsies had kept harrassing him. He shot one in the back with his shotgun. That's the only one I can think of but the dead guy was far from innocent though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    They always kill themselves

Why not just kill yourself from the beginning ?

Going to have metal detectors at Malls soon

becos they're isolated and they're angry. nobody has listened to them their whole lives and they're pissed about it. suicide just means people will still ignore them and call them sad or depressed or cowards. and they want to make sure everyone know that's not the case, that they're pissed off. it's the only form of social attention they can get.
  • Options
    becos they're isolated and they're angry. nobody has listened to them their whole lives and they're pissed about it. suicide just means people will still ignore them and call them sad or depressed or cowards. and they want to make sure everyone know that's not the case, that they're pissed off. it's the only form of social attention they can get.

I heard on the radio this morning he left a suicide note

Stating this would make him famous one day

They said he just lost his job and his g/f

• Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    dunkman wrote:
    'ere ya go ol chap.

Start>Scotland

Click to find gundealers in Aberdeenshire/Grampian | Angus/Tayside | Ayrshire/Strathclyde | Berwickshire/Borders | Caithness/Highlands | Dumfriesshire | Fife | Inverness-shire/Highlands | Lanarkshire/Strathclyde | Midlothian | Morayshire/Grampian | Perthshire/Tayside | Ross-shire/Highlands | Roxburghshire/Borders | Stirlingshire/Central | Sutherland/Highlands | Wigtownshire/Dumfries&Galloway
    http://www.ukgundealer.com/scotland/index.htm

Shotguns in stock on 25th October 2007

Our shotgun stock is listed below, showing the manufacturer's recommended retail prices.

Good discounts are available on most guns, call the gunroom on (01592) 882600 for details. (Stockholding is updated weekly, but stock can change on a daily basis.
    http://www.clunyclays.com/individuals/retail-guns.asp

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    What I can't understand is. If people have to go through psycological tests to get a gun permit, why do we here of so many shootings?
  • Options

There is no reason.
    This guy didn't know that.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    gue_barium wrote:
    'ere ya go ol chap.

Start>Scotland

Click to find gundealers in Aberdeenshire/Grampian | Angus/Tayside | Ayrshire/Strathclyde | Berwickshire/Borders | Caithness/Highlands | Dumfriesshire | Fife | Inverness-shire/Highlands | Lanarkshire/Strathclyde | Midlothian | Morayshire/Grampian | Perthshire/Tayside | Ross-shire/Highlands | Roxburghshire/Borders | Stirlingshire/Central | Sutherland/Highlands | Wigtownshire/Dumfries&Galloway
    http://www.ukgundealer.com/scotland/index.htm

Shotguns in stock on 25th October 2007

Our shotgun stock is listed below, showing the manufacturer's recommended retail prices.

Good discounts are available on most guns, call the gunroom on (01592) 882600 for details. (Stockholding is updated weekly, but stock can change on a daily basis.
    http://www.clunyclays.com/individuals/retail-guns.asp

thanks... the conversation was about how to acquire guns illegaly but thanks for the tips ;)

here are the reasons why i could never own one legally then:-

To buy a shotgun in Britain you need to hold a Shotgun Certificate, and to buy a rifle you need to hold a Fire Arm Certificate. You can ask for forms for these from your local police station.

Ask also to speak to your local police firearms liaison officer, who will tell you what you need to fill those forms out to his or her satisfaction. They may also want to see a 'good reason' for you wanting a gun, such as membership of a clay shooting club or pest control. They usually want to see that you will keep your gun or guns in a secure place, such as a steel gun cabinet bolted to a wall. You have to store ammunition separately.

A shotgun is described as a smooth-bore gun (not being an air-weapon) which has a barrel not less than 24 inches with a bore diameter not exceeding 2 inches. A firearm usually describes a cartridge-loading, rifled-barrel longarm (rifle) with a barrel not shorter than 300mm. Overall length of the firearm must not be less than 600mm unless it is a muzzle loader. Firearms include: muzzle-loading rifles or pistols; shotguns with a magazine capacity greater than three; airguns with power ratings exceeding 12 ft/lbs for rifles and 6ft/lbs for pistols; and historic pistols kept at home as part of a collection or kept at a designated historic site and used for non-competitive target practice.

People who apply for a Firearm Certificate for a rifle or muzzle-loading pistol from 1 October 1997 need to be a member of a rifle or muzzle-loading pistol club approved by the Home Office or Scottish Office under the Firearms Acts if they intend to use the gun for target shooting only. Muzzle loaders are now the only legal useable handguns available to UK shooters (apart from the historic cartridge firing handguns kept at designated sites). However, in order to conduct your shooting you will need a supply of blackpowder which as a classified explosive, has its own restrictions requiring the acquisition of a blackpowder certificate from your police force.

You have to be aged 17 or over to have a Firearms Certificate. If you are aged less than 17 you can have a Shotgun Certificate as long as you have your parent's signed permission. You must be aged 17 or over to purchase an airgun and ammunition. If you are aged between 14 and 17 years, you may borrow a gun or have one bought for you by someone aged 17 or over, and you may use it without supervision on private property where you have a right to be. If you are under 14 you may use an airgun on private property but you must be supervised by someone over the age of 21 at all times. It is unlawful for an under-14-year-old to possess a gun and ammunition without supervision.

It is an offence to fire a gun within 50 feet of a roadway, public footpath or bridleway if by doing so any member of the public is endangered. It is an offence to carry a loaded gun in a public place without good reason. An gun may be considered loaded even if the bullets (or pellets in thecase of air rifles) are in a detached magazine.

These were just the rules we had got used to. From 1997, firearm and shotgun certification became more stringent. Among the extra hurdles, people who now apply for Firearms Certificates have to provide two referees, and the police are able to revoke a Firearms Certificate in cases where the holder no longer has a good reason to possess firearms or ammunition.

Certain types of firearm are hard to obtain in Britain without a stringent Home Office licence. These include automatic weapons and most handguns.

The 1997 handgun ban also made buying any gun more difficult. These transactions have to take place face to face rather than by mail-order, as before. The 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Act made it illegal to send to any individual who is not a Registered Firearms Dealer a gun that requires a certificate or any metallic ammunition of .22 calibre and above. This also applies to transfers of ammunition which requires a Firearms Certificate. It does not apply to shotgun cartridges.

Guns can, however, be sent by a Registered Firearms Dealer (i.e. any gun shop) to another RFD. If you buy your guns mail order you will either have to set up a relationship with a friendly local RFD or be prepared to travel. This site will help you find an RFD in every area of the UK.

Not all RFD holders will be happy to accept guns that have been retailed by other dealers and all are perfectly entitled to levy a charge for this service
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I heard on the radio this morning he left a suicide note

Stating this would make him famous one day

They said he just lost his job and his g/f

he also was a ward of the state, been in foster care and his family had kicked him out recently. Was on meds. that's what our news said.

Sad all around.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    thanks... the conversation was about how to acquire guns illegaly but thanks for the tips ;)

To buy a shotgun in Britain you need to hold a Shotgun Certificate, and to buy a rifle you need to hold a Fire Arm Certificate. You can ask for forms for these from your local police station.

Ask also to speak to your local police firearms liaison officer, who will tell you what you need to fill those forms out to his or her satisfaction. They may also want to see a 'good reason' for you wanting a gun, such as membership of a clay shooting club or pest control. They usually want to see that you will keep your gun or guns in a secure place, such as a steel gun cabinet bolted to a wall. You have to store ammunition separately.

A shotgun is described as a smooth-bore gun (not being an air-weapon) which has a barrel not less than 24 inches with a bore diameter not exceeding 2 inches. A firearm usually describes a cartridge-loading, rifled-barrel longarm (rifle) with a barrel not shorter than 300mm. Overall length of the firearm must not be less than 600mm unless it is a muzzle loader. Firearms include: muzzle-loading rifles or pistols; shotguns with a magazine capacity greater than three; airguns with power ratings exceeding 12 ft/lbs for rifles and 6ft/lbs for pistols; and historic pistols kept at home as part of a collection or kept at a designated historic site and used for non-competitive target practice.

People who apply for a Firearm Certificate for a rifle or muzzle-loading pistol from 1 October 1997 need to be a member of a rifle or muzzle-loading pistol club approved by the Home Office or Scottish Office under the Firearms Acts if they intend to use the gun for target shooting only. Muzzle loaders are now the only legal useable handguns available to UK shooters (apart from the historic cartridge firing handguns kept at designated sites). However, in order to conduct your shooting you will need a supply of blackpowder which as a classified explosive, has its own restrictions requiring the acquisition of a blackpowder certificate from your police force.

You have to be aged 17 or over to have a Firearms Certificate. If you are aged less than 17 you can have a Shotgun Certificate as long as you have your parent's signed permission. You must be aged 17 or over to purchase an airgun and ammunition. If you are aged between 14 and 17 years, you may borrow a gun or have one bought for you by someone aged 17 or over, and you may use it without supervision on private property where you have a right to be. If you are under 14 you may use an airgun on private property but you must be supervised by someone over the age of 21 at all times. It is unlawful for an under-14-year-old to possess a gun and ammunition without supervision.

It is an offence to fire a gun within 50 feet of a roadway, public footpath or bridleway if by doing so any member of the public is endangered. It is an offence to carry a loaded gun in a public place without good reason. An gun may be considered loaded even if the bullets (or pellets in thecase of air rifles) are in a detached magazine.

These were just the rules we had got used to. From 1997, firearm and shotgun certification became more stringent. Among the extra hurdles, people who now apply for Firearms Certificates have to provide two referees, and the police are able to revoke a Firearms Certificate in cases where the holder no longer has a good reason to possess firearms or ammunition.

Certain types of firearm are hard to obtain in Britain without a stringent Home Office licence. These include automatic weapons and most handguns.

The 1997 handgun ban also made buying any gun more difficult. These transactions have to take place face to face rather than by mail-order, as before. The 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Act made it illegal to send to any individual who is not a Registered Firearms Dealer a gun that requires a certificate or any metallic ammunition of .22 calibre and above. This also applies to transfers of ammunition which requires a Firearms Certificate. It does not apply to shotgun cartridges.

Guns can, however, be sent by a Registered Firearms Dealer (i.e. any gun shop) to another RFD. If you buy your guns mail order you will either have to set up a relationship with a friendly local RFD or be prepared to travel. This site will help you find an RFD in every area of the UK.

Not all RFD holders will be happy to accept guns that have been retailed by other dealers and all are perfectly entitled to levy a charge for this service

And I'll guarantee you that there are thousands upon thousands of firearms in Scotland homes that were there before 1997 laws were passed.

• Options
    What I can't understand is. If people have to go through psycological tests to get a gun permit, why do we here of so many shootings?

who has to go through a psych test to get a gun?
  • Options
    Nobody, but some background checks include checks into a history of mental illness, or substance abuse....

• Options

Not in the U.S? I always thought you did! And if not, it's prolly a good idea. This is another reason why!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6662213.stm
  • Options
    Not in the U.S? I always thought you did! And if not, it's prolly a good idea. This is another reason why!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6662213.stm

nope. no psych tests. sometimes you have to have a criminal background check.
  • Options
    I'll have to ask my partner about gun laws over here because he has a gun. heheh (Sorry dunk).
  • Options

You can't say 100% wrong just because it hasn't happened yet

It can happen anywhere no matter where you live

I think it's NAIVE to think it cannot happen

• Options

Most people that do these types of things are normal for the most and snap at some point

Or they get the guns illegally, we're not talking about applying for a permit the LEGAL way

If someone goes nuts they get their hands on a gun some way some how

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    PP is more or less right.
    If someone wants to get a gun, someone can.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

These people that do the killings are not thinking straight

You're not going to worry about any of that if you want to kill random people for no reason

You will find the means regardless

• Options
    Rygar wrote:

So why do so many people want guns in the States?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Exactly

It doesn't matter what the laws are

These people who want to kill will find a way

Regardless of your Country

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Cause it's their right? Makes 'em feel tough?
    Makes them and their family feel protected?
    You'd have to ask an American on that one.
  • Options

It dates back to the Constitution 'Right to Bear Arms'

It's a huge business first off

The NRA (National Rifle Association) over here is very powerful politically hence the reason gun laws wont change anytime soon

Most times its for recreation (ie. gun ranges, target practice,gun collector) or protection sadly

• Options
    It dates back to the Constitution 'Right to Bear Arms'

It's a huge business first off

The NRA (National Rifle Association) over here is very powerful politically hence the reason gun laws wont change anytime soon

Most times its for recreation (ie. gun ranges, target practice,gun collector) or protection sadly

I know that. It just doesn't make sense to me.