Options

65 dollars?

Comments

• Options
    I paid $12 to see Matt Cameron at the Showbox a couple weeks ago which was also a benefit... and $15 to see Mark Lanigan and Greg Duhli next month.... Ed's great but is he over 5 times better than Matt Cameron? I think $65 is a bit much. He must need a new surf board or 50.

and what's the deal with no seattle date!? i may try to score a ticket if there wasn't gas, hotel, transportation, etc to pay for on top of everything.

and for the record i think a $200 book of posters is rediculous as well.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    abramowp wrote:
    I paid $12 to see Matt Cameron at the Showbox a couple weeks ago which was also a benefit... and $15 to see Mark Lanigan and Greg Duhli next month.... Ed's great but is he over 5 times better than Matt Cameron? I think $65 is a bit much. He must need a new surf board or 50.

and what's the deal with no seattle date!? i may try to score a ticket if there wasn't gas, hotel, transportation, etc to pay for on top of everything.

hell yeah!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    A certain word comes to mind when I think about $65 for an EV show. What could it be?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    teskeinc wrote:
    Is there a more fitting venue than "The Pearl"?

No there is not...it would be fucking bad ass. Pearl Jam at the Pearl. Google the place to see pictures of the inside, and picture PJ playing there. It's like half the size of the Bill Graham place in SF a couple years ago, and about 20 times as nice.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    abramowp wrote:

uhhh ya. try maybe at least 10 times better.

As for tickets prices these days - thats what it is at - if i was on the west coast i would probably be trying to get tix to a few of those shows. How long as PJ fans have we been waiting for a full Ed solo show? Be honest - you know you've always wanted one.

When I saw Bruce solo it was 130. The police are charging over 200, u2 charges over 200, yeah you may see prices of 50-75, but generally those are for the shitty nosebleed seats. I will also say that Eddie and Pearl Jam's status as musicians is on the same level critically as the bands and musicians that charge over 200 per ticket. Pearl Jam and yes Eddie Vedder are iconic figures on the music scene.

65 bucks is nothing.

I was 16 when i first got the chance to see PJ live it cost me $15.
    14 years later 15 bucks can take me to a movie. for crying out loud 65 x 2 would be a dinner and a movie with my wife.

can we put somethings in perspective.

i hope to God that Eddie comes to the east coast, uber hope is that he plays either(or all) of ottawa montreal or toronto. i would pay 100 a ticket.

bunch of sucks on here man.
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    samsaidhey wrote:

bunch of sucks on here man.

for sure. i can't BELIEVE the prices you guys are quoting for tickets - $25? $30? !! - i can't remember the last time i paid that little to see any sort of musical performance, solo, international, local or otherwise.
    tickets for the upcoming pumpkins shows are NZ$120 (USD$95), kings of leon just played here for $95 ($75)...yes, maybe it costs to get to the bottom of the world, but you guys should be fucking grateful that you even have the CHANCE to see ed solo. in a small venue. it's a once in a lifetime thing. i'd pay whatever, if he was playing in my town. are you really fans, or just a bunch of moaners?

anyway, it's worth $65 just to see liam finn alone.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Even tho I'm a diehard jammer, I'd rather pay 65 bucks for Cornell and his band that Ed on a stool and some others jamming with him anyday.

I respect your opinion, but Ed on a stool >>>>>>>>>> Chris and his band.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    I respect your opinion, but Ed on a stool >>>>>>>>>> Chris and his band.
    fuck ya,this is vedder in a smaller theatre for christ sake, he could sing nursery rhymes and it would still slayCornell anyday
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....because he's generous....consider yourself lucky.

great answer. lol
  • Options
    I'd pay $65. in a second to see Ed play. Too bad I'm on the wrong coast.
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    Maybe he's got to bring home more bacon for his baby mama....
  • Options
    $65 is one thing...but having to buy two and all the service charges etc. it's gonna come to around $150. Booooo. Yet I'm still going (if I can get tix). I'm usually not one to bitch but I'm just fucking broke after buying bonaroo tix. I wish we would get a little more notice so I could have planned better.
  • Options
    That is a pitance to pay
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    mnicole22 wrote:
    I'd pay $65. in a second to see Ed play. Too bad I'm on the wrong coast.

Yep me too, to bad I'm in the wrong country :(

I bet these shows will turn out to be really special, with guests showing up, maybe even cameos from other PJ members......it won't just be 'Ed on a stool'.......even though I think that would be great :)

If Ed decides to bring it to Europe, i'd probably pay double that, cos I think an Ed solo show would be really brilliant
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    With the current strength of the dollar, I think $65 is about 23.3 UK Pence. I think its a great price...

More seriously. If you don't think it's worth $65 then don't go. That's how the whole price and object for sale thing works. There's a shelf, there's a thing, there's a price. If the customer thinks its a good price, he buys it. If the shop owner makes the price too high, he doesn't sell any. I'm sure that will be what happens here... Ed will be playing to two stupid rich people and a dog.

I know it hurts if you have to miss out on the gig cos the price is too high.. I'm doing just that tonight. Neil Young is playing... it's 140 Euros(About 3 meeeeelion $ given the current strength of the dollar) for a ticket, and I can't afford to pay that for my girlfriend and I at the moment. If I was a bigger Neil Young fan and I hadn't already spent about 1000 Euros on concerts already this year, then maybe I'd cut back on some other things and pay it, but in this case I made my consumer decision to sit this one out. I advise you to do the same.... you'll have 23.3 UK Pence extra to spend if you make it to the UK.
  • Options
    When Pearl Jam played Copenhagen last year I had to pay 148$ for a 10c ticket. Single ticket!
    I wanna rock n' roll all night and part of every day
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Even a slight hesitation that this is too expensive? Don't go. One less person for my friends to contest for tickets with.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    AcidgrooveAcidgroove Posts: 1,228
    Hinny wrote:
    Even a slight hesitation that this is too expensive? Don't go. One less person for my friends to contest for tickets with.

Hi Hinn!

Do you mind if I copy your signature???

By the way 65 is a good number....
    Viva PERON Carajo!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    If anyone has a problem with 65 bucks dont pay it....

He can come to England and for the 35 quid that would not even be questioned.

Hell we just paid the equivalent of $130 for Springsteens shows this summer..

Vedder would be awesome solo, 65 bucks is a very small price to pay for genius.

I so wish i could be at one.
  • Options
    wow $65 for a chance to watch Eddie playing a solo show????

People who are moaning don't know how lucky they are! I would love the chance to "have to pay" $65 to see him play!

that is all......
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    is a bargain for 2 hours of live music.

you can't put a price on a memory such as this.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Punk77Punk77 Posts: 48
    $65 ..is like... 10 euros! Great deal!

Don't forget he plays smaller venues then PJ does. So costs are high and will have to be payed by a smaller crowd.

Whatever. Just don't go if yur having problems with it!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    $65 is one thing...but having to buy two and all the service charges etc. it's gonna come to around $150. Booooo. Yet I'm still going (if I can get tix). I'm usually not one to bitch but I'm just fucking broke after buying bonaroo tix. I wish we would get a little more notice so I could have planned better.

So wait for the public sale and buy just one...Simple, yet effectively solves your issue..:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    that is way too much info
    considering ed makes 36percent of all pj profit and the rest of the band makes 16 who knows how that goes now that boom's in there, but he cuts way higher than the other members that's more than modest profit not to mention this whole tour profit goes to him alone, but hey that's what he does for a lving rock on ed rock on
  • Options
    :D
    Maybe he's got to bring home more bacon for his baby mama....
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    So wait for the public sale and buy just one...Simple, yet effectively solves your issue..:)

Plus by buying only one you should get a closer seat anyways, no?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Wow, some of you are just waiting for anything to be asked so you can spew out all the frustrations of your life.

I asked why the price only becuase Eddie is always talking about something that is wrong and at times is a bit holier than though. That in no way means I don't love every inch of PJ it was just surprising. Especially that the songs are pretty much about achieving happiness through empty pockets :)

Soo yea I already requested days off and will enjoy the show, woohoo!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Eddie Vedder isn't an international act....Pearl Jam is. $65 is too much for Ed solo.

Isn't this a fundraiser for WM3?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Isn't this a fundraiser for WM3?
    i am pretty sure just the packages that are being auctioned off are going to help pay for the legal fees of those convicted murderers.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    considering ed makes 36percent of all pj profit and the rest of the band makes 16 who knows how that goes now that boom's in there, but he cuts way higher than the other members that's more than modest profit not to mention this whole tour profit goes to him alone, but hey that's what he does for a lving rock on ed rock on

Where did you get the information on how much % each PJ gets?
    I does not make any difference for me, but I´m curious
    Daniella Duarte
    **Que Porra estávamos pensando?** EV São Paulo 03/12/05