The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    StevieG wrote:
    Hi Boys,

It's been a while since I invaded your thread so I thought I would drop in. I'm kind of hoping that Philly hangs on to the 8th spot(however I think they'll miss the playoffs) so the Caps can take them out behind the woodshed for a serious beatdown. That's all for now.

Let's walk down memory lane in Craps History

The last game 7

lupul-joffrey-ap-080422.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    StevieG wrote:
    Hi Boys,

It's been a while since I invaded your thread so I thought I would drop in. I'm kind of hoping that Philly hangs on to the 8th spot(however I think they'll miss the playoffs) so the Caps can take them out behind the woodshed for a serious beatdown. That's all for now.

The last game 7

Second last game 7 ;)

Btw, I wouldn't go out behind the woodshed if I were you. It's uuuugly back there.
    Rygar wrote:
    StevieG wrote:
    Hi Boys,

The last game 7

Second last game 7 ;)

Btw, I wouldn't go out behind the woodshed if I were you. It's uuuugly back there.

HaHa!!!

Congrats !

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I was just trying to read up on what is happening with Gagne. first they said out for season but i have heard 3 weeks. has anyone heard anything yet. if its 3 weeks he might comeback for this series but later on. this could help as he was playing well on the PK.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    I was just trying to read up on what is happening with Gagne. first they said out for season but i have heard 3 weeks. has anyone heard anything yet. if its 3 weeks he might comeback for this series but later on. this could help as he was playing well on the PK.

last i read, it was 3 weeks. Carter was indefiantly and Ian was done for the season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

last i read, it was 3 weeks. Carter was indefiantly and Ian was done for the season
    TSN reported yesterday all 3 were out for the playoffs. Take it for what it's worth I guess.
    I did not see any of the game I was at my nephew's Communion and then party

I was tracking the score on my phone

I figured they would start slow after the long layoff..heard they got dominated in OT though

Gotta take one at least in Bahston

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big one tonight kiddies

gotta steal home ice
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Pretty Pathetic effort in a MUST win

No emotion from this team

Haven't lead in the series

B's get a split in Philly...its over

that wasn't a must win game. old saying goes, a series doesn't start until the home team loses.

i thought they played with a purpose and with emotion, they just made too many mistakes which caused them to get caught playing defense way to long. plus the offense is headed back to a level of suckieness again. the power play was just aweful.

wed is a must win game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    that wasn't a must win game. old saying goes, a series doesn't start until the home team loses.

i thought they played with a purpose and with emotion, they just made too many mistakes which caused them to get caught playing defense way to long. plus the offense is headed back to a level of suckieness again. the power play was just aweful.

wed is a must win game

It's just odd they only play with effort when they are down a goal

Boston scores to make it 3-2 then we get pressure after not getting any sustained forecheck for half the period

Parent is terrible...way too many turnovers

yikes :o:lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    yikes :o:lol:

Grrrrrr

Kate Smith God Bless America being cued as we speak

8-)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    can't have Krajicek and Parent on the ice with 3 minutes left in a tie fn game - awful decision by Laviolette (and I am a big fan of Laviolette's) . Bruins suck offensively and we've given up 8 goals in 2 games. Still not out of it, no reason can't win 4 out of 5 against this team. the Bruins aren't exactly the 76 Canadians or 87 Oilers.
    i agree the 3rd line D is aweful. everytime i see them on teh ice, i cringe. that not to say 25 and 5 haven't made their fair share of mistakes. and carcillo is a missed clear waiting to happen. it seems the Flyers are only rolling 2.5 lines. every time richards is out there, he has a different set of wingers. Boston is going to wear the flyers out with the 2 forechecker checking
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    81 wrote:
    i agree the 3rd line D is aweful. everytime i see them on teh ice, i cringe. that not to say 25 and 5 haven't made their fair share of mistakes. and carcillo is a missed clear waiting to happen. it seems the Flyers are only rolling 2.5 lines. every time richards is out there, he has a different set of wingers. Boston is going to wear the flyers out with the 2 forechecker checking

losing 3 forwards is a killer especially two who are goal scorers. i think with Gagne and Carter in the lineup the Flyers would definitely win this series. got to get an early lead in game 3 and 4 at home and hopefully get it back to boston 2-2. still don't think they are out of it as i said before, don't think the Bruins are much better if at all.
    IT comes down to the fact that they have gotten the big goals in both games .Seies is far from over but the flyers need both in philly .
    Having Nodl,Ross and Leino in the lineup isn't exactly depth

Leino isn't so bad but we have to have Hartnell and Giroux to pick up some slack

JVR I've given a pass some what based off of him being a rookie

Having Nodl,Ross and Leino in the lineup isn't exactly depth

Leino isn't so bad but we have to have Hartnell and Giroux to pick up some slack

JVR I've given a pass some what based off of him being a rookie

Hartnell blows. he had a couple of nice hits yesterday to go with a bounce of chara. beyond that, he has sucked the big one.

Giroux is such a tease. him and ol'Danny boy. both have pretty good hands, decent speed, but they are little bugs out there. even Richards isn't that big.

The Flyers went from being deep at forward a couple of years back to having one or two real top 6 forwards after the trades, non resigns and injuries.

i think down the line JVR is going to be a pretty good player, but it's still his rookie season. i'd like to see him be more aggressive and more physical. i think it will come with anouther year or two of playing.

but on the bright side, they didn't go out in first round like the Capitals. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    "the broad street bullies" on HBO was pretty darn good last night

hate them but it was put together well

hell yeah !

I was there for the early screening in April at the Wachovia

I took my Dad that was his era of Hockey..he was stoked

My my how the game has changed

The funniest part was when they won their 2nd Cup and Campbell was standing there with that look of disgust on his face :lol:

hell yeah !

The funniest part was when they won their 2nd Cup and Campbell was standing there with that look of disgust on his face :lol:

oh how he hated them :lol:

until the russians came to town

hell yeah !

oh how he hated them :lol:

until the russians came to town

Oh of course then its "You have to do this for the NHL"

Only needed the Flyers when it was convenient for him

great clear video also

real good stuff ..especially when they wore the black armbands for the bar burning down :lol:
    monster game tonight. it's not by definition an eliminatin game, but it might as well be. Flyers MUST sweep the two home games if they want to advance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    monster game tonight. it's not by definition an eliminatin game, but it might as well be. Flyers MUST sweep the two home games if they want to advance.

going out on a limb there eh? :mrgreen:
    81 wrote:

going out on a limb there eh? :mrgreen:

i've got an interview next week on espn to be a talking head, so i wanted to practice my cliches and show my ability to point out the obvious
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    hopefully the flyers practiced their line changes yesterday. the too many men penalties are bad enough...but it seems like most of the goals boston has scored, including the 2 game winners, have come with flyers players caught on the ice at the end of the shift (boucher should have covered the puck in game 1 during that 3:00 minute shooting gallery).

should be interesting tonight. I would love to see the flyers come back and take this series, but we all know what team looms in the ECF. I don't think I could take losing to those queers again in the playoffs. pretty much a lose-lose scenario if you ask me.
    cmon boys lets go

LET'S G RANGERS! :mrgreen:
    stick a fork in them.

they look tired

the offense just looks putrid...and so does the goaltending
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg