Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    season on the line in a few hours. Let's do this Flyers!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    2 games
    2 points
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    No Malkin, Crosby or Letang, 3rd string goalie in net.
    Gotta win here.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

No Malkin, Crosby or Letang, 3rd string goalie in net.
    Gotta win here.

What you described is still better than Toronto, but yeah. Need these 2 today. Give Mason a day off
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    5 minute power play and they can't score? They looked aggressive but come on guys! 10 more minutes!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    In
  • Options
    nice win against a team that didn't start most of their stars, but i'll take it. They have a good chance and beating the Caps. They beat them a few weeks ago pretty handily.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WE WANT THE CUP
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Kind of limped into the playoffs, but a great achievement for a team that wasn't supposed to make playoffs. This roster is short on talent, so Hakstol getting them to playoffs is nothing short of amazing. He has proven to be a great hire. This team has a really exciting future.

Flyers will be significant underdogs vs the caps. From here on out they are playing with house money. That said, I would love nothing more than to see them win the series.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Kind of limped into the playoffs, but a great achievement for a team that wasn't supposed to make playoffs. This roster is short on talent, so Hakstol getting them to playoffs is nothing short of amazing. He has proven to be a great hire. This team has a really exciting future.

Flyers will be significant underdogs vs the caps. From here on out they are playing with house money. That said, I would love nothing more than to see them win the series.

Yep, and I wldnt be surprised at all to see them win this series. I had them at a lock for a top 10 pick this year, this is all bonus right now.
  • Options
    hope this playoff run doesn't interfere with the Pearl Jam shows
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

hope this playoff run doesn't interfere with the Pearl Jam shows

It won't, but I have texted out, Flyers over PJ, cancel your flights. :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Flyers in 6

Lose game 1
    Win 2

Then magic...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    On a down note: from what I have read, it does not sound like Ed Snider is doing well at all. He is battling skin cancer.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

On a down note: from what I have read, it does not sound like Ed Snider is doing well at all. He is battling skin cancer.

yeah, was just reading about that yesterday. sucks

also read that the wizards are home on wednesday night so the flyers series won't start until thursday or friday night (I'd guess they would start on Thursday night for TV rating purposes)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214

definitely seems like it's not good. with all the talk about him i wonder how imminent it is. can't see him making to next season.

great to make the playoffs but i don't this team beating the Caps. i figure the Caps in 5.
  • Options
    Rest In Peace Ed

http://bit.ly/1UV7Wkj

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Wow..just got that info on my phone.
    Huge blow to Philadelphia sports.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RIP
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    RIP Mr. Snider. Didn't always agree with you, especially during the Lindros era and how Eric was treated here, but you always had a passion that was almost unmatched. Franchise will never be the same.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,658
    A loss for Philly, sorry to learn of this.
    Impressive feat to make the playoffs after such a shit start. Dangerous team....Kings made the playoffs on the last day of the season as the #8 seed and won the cup a few years back. You gotta believe.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Very good owner for fans of the team and the players.

However, he created a bloc of Comcast Sports and his teams that is very bad for the fans and the free market.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

However, he created a bloc of Comcast Sports and his teams that is very bad for the fans and the free market.

Yep, I've had directv for 16 years now. I can only watch the Flyers on Wednesday Nights and a few other games sprinkled in. I get every other CSN but the one I want. It's no wonder my 2 kids are DC sports fans.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited April 2016
    MayDay10 said:

Well he was the furthest thing from a "very good owner" of the Sixers... but a legend in this town for everything else he was involved with.

RIP Ed.

God bless The Spectrum
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Ed Snider took a little Hispanic kid in when I worked down there. He met him through the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation and for some reason, Snider really took to the kid. His name was Geraldo and he was allowed to do WHATEVER he wanted in the arena. Had team made jerseys with his name and all. All of the event staff were told to basically let him go anywhere and do whatever he wanted. He was allowed on the court, always had a courtside seat even when Snider wasn't around, was allowed in locker rooms after the games, etc. Also, he was a little piece of shit. He even had a cubicle in the Sixers offices. Before one Sixers game (I witnessed this in person), the daughter of a certain former Phillies' GM who was working for the Sixers was trying to get work done while little Geraldo was blasting rap music. She kindly asked him to turn it down and his was response was "would you like me to call Mr. Snider to see if I have to turn it down?". There are many stories along these lines, but my favorite Gerlado story happened in the Lexus Club. I had my family and a couple friends in town and we were all at a Sixers game for fun. We were in the Lexus Club where Snider, his wife and Geraldo were sitting eating. My buddy was staring at them for a good 5 minutes when he realized that Snider would take a bite of a chicken wing put it down and Geraldo would pick it up and finish the rest of it off. The lasting image of Ed Snider for me will always be a little hispanic kid eating his chicken bone scraps in public and he and his wife either not noticing or acting like it was completely normal.

Found out a couple years later that Geraldo fucked it up and wasn't allowed around anymore. Big surprise.
  • Options
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Ed Snider took a little Hispanic kid in when I worked down there. He met him through the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation and for some reason, Snider really took to the kid. His name was Geraldo and he was allowed to do WHATEVER he wanted in the arena. Had team made jerseys with his name and all. All of the event staff were told to basically let him go anywhere and do whatever he wanted. He was allowed on the court, always had a courtside seat even when Snider wasn't around, was allowed in locker rooms after the games, etc. Also, he was a little piece of shit. He even had a cubicle in the Sixers offices. Before one Sixers game (I witnessed this in person), the daughter of a certain former Phillies' GM who was working for the Sixers was trying to get work done while little Geraldo was blasting rap music. She kindly asked him to turn it down and his was response was "would you like me to call Mr. Snider to see if I have to turn it down?". There are many stories along these lines, but my favorite Gerlado story happened in the Lexus Club. I had my family and a couple friends in town and we were all at a Sixers game for fun. We were in the Lexus Club where Snider, his wife and Geraldo were sitting eating. My buddy was staring at them for a good 5 minutes when he realized that Snider would take a bite of a chicken wing put it down and Geraldo would pick it up and finish the rest of it off. The lasting image of Ed Snider for me will always be a little hispanic kid eating his chicken bone scraps in public and he and his wife either not noticing or acting like it was completely normal.

Found out a couple years later that Geraldo fucked it up and wasn't allowed around anymore. Big surprise.

How old was this kid?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

How old was this kid?
    Probably between 10-12, I would guess...
  • Options

How old was this kid?
    Probably between 10-12, I would guess...
    sounds more like a sandusky story to me. you sure you're not getting them mixed up?