Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    saw that. still not one of those guys is as good as Carter was here (look up those goal totals) or has been for the past 5 years and we are looking at another non-playoff season so...

edit: what people overlook is that in the 2 years before the Carter and Richards trade the franchise made a Stanley Cup final and then finished 2nd in the Conference in the next regular season. they haven't achieved either of those since. the franchise took a dive since those trades.
    just like ryan howard...you look at carters goal totals to tell the entire story, which is great if you want to be completely incorrect.

you need to learn from your mistakes. you would think after years of being wrong about everything you would come around. smh

flyers return for carter is one of the best trades in franchise history. yet you still defend him. why?

also, the cup run was a fluke. flyers were a 7 seed. got in playoffs in a shootout (ironic) in last game of season. richards knocked out the best boston player in round 2 (because he was a beast)...then got the 8 seeded canadiens in the ECF. haha

coming out of those cup finals they were not build for success after they gave carter and richards long term deals. their returns on those trades were overwhelmingly successful. the struggles that the franchise has experienced are not related to those trades. since the cap was implemented, the flyers failed to adapt more than any other team (mainly because they used to outspend everyone for their talent). they gave awful contracts to lecavalier, macdonald, hartnell -- replaced by umbergers contract which was a great move, bryzgalov, pronger -- obviously tainted by injury, etc.

flyers are in good hands. but to say they were close to a cup with carter is just flat out stupid.

sell, sell, sell...and lose out. let's get a top 5-7 pick to add to provorov, konecny, morin, sanheim, hagg, etc
    i defend Carter because you and many others in these parts said he sucked. You also famously said that every team in the league had 5 forwards better than Carter. It was an absurd premise then and still might be. the guy averaged over 30 goals per season here and is still playing at a high level. he never did and still doesn't suck. hopefully one of the 3 guys (well actually 1 and 2 draft picks) end up with a career as good as Carters.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What a save by Neuvirth!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Awesome save.

Have said it before here, will keep saying it: Thank you for Jeff Carter.
    (BTW, the Vinny and Schenn trade is working out well too.)
    Kings are ready for another cup run and it would not be possible without them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Awesome save.

Have said it before here, will keep saying it: Thank you for Jeff Carter.

Thank Columbus
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    It's weird that we still argue over things like this but I guess that's what makes sports so much fun. No one can deny Carter's regular season scoring ability but when it came to the playoffs his scoring took a big nose dive and he missed games. I really think they made the decision and traded them to roll the dice on Bryz and we all know how that worked out.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Let me also add regarding VLC and the Kings. Vinny has fallen back to earth to how he was playing here. L. Schenn has played well for them and fits perfect into their team. The other side of that coin, B. Schenn has taken off since his brother was traded off the team.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    I dont see that happening at all. This team needs some forwards with size and Drouin would prob cost you Sanheim, a very good draft pick and a roster player.
    Stay the course, Hextall.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    JK_Livin said:
    wow, not sure if it was the best save ever, but it's def. up there. Pretty amazing that it came in the last seconds of the game.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Meh. It was very clutch but he just had his glove out and the shot went into it.
  • Options
    He had to reach out with his stick and glove- it hit his stick. Ridiculous save.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Yeah, was a stick save...glove covered. Overhead shows a glove save and looks over the line from the angle.

Hella save and save of the year worthy. I think Neuvy took the starting roll. I think I'm ok with it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Yeah, was a stick save...glove covered. Overhead shows a glove save and looks over the line from the angle.

Hella save and save of the year worthy. I think Neuvy took the starting roll. I think I'm ok with it

His only issue is that he can never stay healthy, esp when he's given the opportunity to earn one. Idk if thats the case here, I'm still a big Mason fan, but he has played better than Mason this year.
    Voracek is now out tomorrow too- lets just make some deals by Monday and wrap up the season.
  • Options
    Bad words. Bad words. Bad Words. Bad Words. Bad Words.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    luckily i was at work and missed the game.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    No leadership no heart. Pigs on ice tonight.
  • Options
    That shld just about do it.
    Great to see Schenn get his head grabbed and bounced off the ice with no team mates sticking up for him.
    Also, that Raffl contract- not a fan.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

It's weird that we still argue over things like this but I guess that's what makes sports so much fun. No one can deny Carter's regular season scoring ability but when it came to the playoffs his scoring took a big nose dive and he missed games. I really think they made the decision and traded them to roll the dice on Bryz and we all know how that worked out.

so he made the roster for Canada for the World Cup next year and so far only 16 players have been chosen. so he is one of the top 16 23+ year old players from Canada. and flyers fans still rip the guy. too funny.

Not sure how Ghost wasn't included in the preliminary roster for the North American team but I suspect he will get an invite in the next round. that under 23 North American team could be pretty good
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Tough to put him over the experienced 4 guys they picked
    D Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets
    D John Carlson, Washington Capitals
    D Ryan McDonagh, New York Rangers
    D Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild
    I think he could be on the team though, agree that is pretty badass right now.

Canada's team is filthy. Love that Carts is on the team.
  • Options

Tough to put him over the experienced 4 guys they picked
    D Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets
    D John Carlson, Washington Capitals
    D Ryan McDonagh, New York Rangers
    D Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild
    I think he could be on the team though, agree that is pretty badass right now.

Canada's team is filthy. Love that Carts is on the team.

those guys above are on regular Team USA (age 23 and over). there is an under 23 team called North America that is made up of Canada and USA players that he didn't make yet. those d-men on that team are Seth Jones, Aaron Ekblad, Ryan Murray and Morgan Reilly. Couturier made that North America team.
  • Options
    Ohhh, brain fart. Got it!
    Agree then with that team.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

so he made the roster for Canada for the World Cup next year and so far only 16 players have been chosen. so he is one of the top 16 23+ year old players from Canada. and flyers fans still rip the guy. too funny.

Not sure how Ghost wasn't included in the preliminary roster for the North American team but I suspect he will get an invite in the next round. that under 23 North American team could be pretty good
    The bigger question is how Giroux, who has the mot points in the last 5 seasons in the NHL, is once again snubbed and theres a pretty good chance he wont make the second tier selections as well. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Flyers will miss a playoff spot by 1 point

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

The bigger question is how Giroux, who has the mot points in the last 5 seasons in the NHL, is once again snubbed and theres a pretty good chance he wont make the second tier selections as well. Disgraceful.
    Not sure why he don't get respect...maybe bec they are deemed "quiet points".
  • Options

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

too many really good centers. is he really one of top 4 Canadian centers?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I'd certainly say he is as good/better than Getzlaf and Tavares for sure. The most points in the NHL over the last 5 years.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I'd certainly say he is as good/better than Getzlaf and Tavares for sure. The most points in the NHL over the last 5 years.
    Getz maybe...Tav noooooo!
  • Options
    Ghost!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
  • Options
    Yep
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead