Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    No discipline for Gudas- iffy play..sure he was involved with another player but Gudas did not charge him in any manor and glided into the hit. That call was a joke.
    Does Gudas need to play smarter? Absolutely.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    no reason in hell to light him up with the score and time being like they were. I dont think I have seen anything like that in 30+ years of watching hockey. Also, him high-fiving fans on the way to the lockerroom was classy.

It sounds like Hakstol isnt too happy and has hinted toward 'lineup changes'.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    fucking lost to the Devils! :anguished:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

4 point weekend coming

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

4 point weekend coming

yes this pretty much ends thoughts of playoffs. Maybe would have been closer if Ghost didn't start the year in the minors.

Gudas sucks. Can't believe he gets as much ice time as he does.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

4 point weekend coming

yes this pretty much ends thoughts of playoffs. Maybe would have been closer if Ghost didn't start the year in the minors.

Gudas sucks. Can't believe he gets as much ice time as he does.
    yeah flyers are done and as much i like just about everyone on the team Gudas is pretty much a goon, wish they would get rid of him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Scumbag tried to put another vulnerable, unsuspecting opponent in concussion protocol tonight

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Touchdown
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. He should be suspended or at least fined.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    in fairness, that does hurt like hell right in that spot. Slash to the back of the knee is awful.
  • Options
    Nice read. I like seeing 3 of the top 4 being defensemen.

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/flyers&id=369141801
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I dont thnk that list is in any particular order. If I was to guess who we will see on the big club next year,it will prob be Provorov and Konecny. Carchidi didnt even ask about the D- man Myers, who is shooting up a lot of prospect lists for the Flyers. Hextall may have found gold with him. Another huge kid, like Morin, he may even be better down the road.
    The kid that intrigues me the most besides Prov and Koneckny is Aube-Kubel. Seems like theres a chance he turns into a top 6 forward in a couple of years.
    Future seems to be bright.
  • Options
    Ghost
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    15 Games for Ghost Bear
    Giroux out with a concussion courtesy of that P.K. Subban elbow....
  • Options

Ghost

rookie of the year?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Did anything happen to Subban for that elbow?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Did anything happen to Subban for that elbow?

Not a thing. NHL said there was nothing to penalize him for.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Ghost

rookie of the year?
    He would have my vote! I haven't watched a Flyers game with him in it, but the highlites are awesome.
  • Options
    Before the OT started i texted my buddy that Ghost needs the GW goal here. What a play by Jake along the boards to set it up.

I had no idea that G has more points than anyone in hockey over the last 5 years.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    No Giroux tomorrow
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    edited February 2016
    JK_Livin said:
    saw that. still not one of those guys is as good as Carter was here (look up those goal totals) or has been for the past 5 years and we are looking at another non-playoff season so...

edit: what people overlook is that in the 2 years before the Carter and Richards trade the franchise made a Stanley Cup final and then finished 2nd in the Conference in the next regular season. they haven't achieved either of those since. the franchise took a dive since those trades.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    jeez this team is frustrating
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Sell Sell Sell
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    saw that. still not one of those guys is as good as Carter was here (look up those goal totals) or has been for the past 5 years and we are looking at another non-playoff season so...

edit: what people overlook is that in the 2 years before the Carter and Richards trade the franchise made a Stanley Cup final and then finished 2nd in the Conference in the next regular season. they haven't achieved either of those since. the franchise took a dive since those trades.
    The bottom line is that those trades were made to free up cap space for what they thought was a franchise goalie like Quick who was the real reason the Kings won cups. That blew up in their face which makes those other trades look worse when they actually were pretty good. Let's not forget that Carter sat out with an "injury" in Columbus because he was butthurt over being traded and basically forced them to deal him again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Sell Sell Sell

exactly. streit especially....move his scrub ass. don't even care about the return, just dump him!

hextall will get it right...
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

just like ryan howard...you look at carters goal totals to tell the entire story, which is great if you want to be completely incorrect.

you need to learn from your mistakes. you would think after years of being wrong about everything you would come around. smh

flyers return for carter is one of the best trades in franchise history. yet you still defend him. why?

also, the cup run was a fluke. flyers were a 7 seed. got in playoffs in a shootout (ironic) in last game of season. richards knocked out the best boston player in round 2 (because he was a beast)...then got the 8 seeded canadiens in the ECF. haha

coming out of those cup finals they were not build for success after they gave carter and richards long term deals. their returns on those trades were overwhelmingly successful. the struggles that the franchise has experienced are not related to those trades. since the cap was implemented, the flyers failed to adapt more than any other team (mainly because they used to outspend everyone for their talent). they gave awful contracts to lecavalier, macdonald, hartnell -- replaced by umbergers contract which was a great move, bryzgalov, pronger -- obviously tainted by injury, etc.

flyers are in good hands. but to say they were close to a cup with carter is just flat out stupid.

sell, sell, sell...and lose out. let's get a top 5-7 pick to add to provorov, konecny, morin, sanheim, hagg, etc
  • Options
    Taking the kid to the Saturday matinee for his birthday. If G isn't back in the line up I'll be on a mission to fuck Subban up with my elbow.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead