Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    no love for the rookie goal scoring leader or perhaps the best two way forward? :fp:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628813
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    plus....we do have road ice advantage

remember all the NYR fans saying how important home ice is? :lol:

In our situation I'd rather have 2 home games as opposed to 2 road games.....

Of course it can go either way....just rather take our chances at MSG
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    i still would have preferred a higher seed

Whatever - Flyers are still the only East team with 3 wins.

I think we know deep down that this team can actually play defense. They didn't give up 5.5 goals a game all year. Lot tougher without Grossman though. :evil:

it funny but on the TSN website they are saying that Grossmann could miss the game. cause i am in toronto i don't get all the updated news on Flyers hockey. has it been confirmed that Grossmann doesnt play tonight?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    it funny but on the TSN website they are saying that Grossmann could miss the game. cause i am in toronto i don't get all the updated news on Flyers hockey. has it been confirmed that Grossmann doesnt play tonight?

i'd be suprised if he plays.

pretty sure he didn't practice yesterday.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No JVR on the ice today and Grossman may be out the rest of the series which hopefully be around 10:30pm tonight.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    No JVR on the ice today and Grossman may be out the rest of the series which hopefully be around 10:30pm tonight.

Oh christ.

Over/under tonight should be double digits. hopefully the flyers are ready to put up another 8 spot (and that's enough)

EDIT: O/U tonight is 7. That is insane. 99% of all NHL O/Us are 5.5. 7 is the equivalent of 80 points in college football
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    EDIT: O/U tonight is 7. That is insane. 99% of all NHL O/Us are 5.5. 7 is the equivalent of 80 points in college football

have you watched this series :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

have you watched this series :lol:

It's the highest NHL O/U I have ever seen. And I said it should be double digits.

I don't know how someone could bet the under

I'm getting no work done today. I can't wait for this game
  • Options
    Laviolette-FargleBargle.gif
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Gustafsson in for Grossmann
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

has a team ever gone with a three defenseman rotation for a full game? timonen, carle, coburn...only one of you allowed off the ice at a time
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

has a team ever gone with a three defenseman rotation for a full game? timonen, carle, coburn...only one of you allowed off the ice at a time

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Its getting a bit ridiculous with the injuries back there

I wish we had more than one timeout a game..Lavy could use it

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The rumors of a hip/ankle injury to Bryz arent too much of a stretch. He has been very slow going post to post in goal as of late. Something to look at closely in tonights game.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The rumors of a hip/ankle injury to Bryz arent too much of a stretch. He has been very slow going post to post in goal as of late. Something to look at closely in tonights game.

is it bad that all of this bryzaster/defense talk has forced me to think about what kind of beer I'm going with tonight?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

is it bad that all of this bryzaster/defense talk has forced me to think about what kind of beer I'm going with tonight?
    2 bottles of 75 minute ipa for me!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Where did you get them?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

You ever have the 120 ?

Tasty

• Options
    is it bad that all of this bryzaster/defense talk has forced me to think about what kind of beer I'm going with tonight?[/quote]
    2 bottles of 75 minute ipa for me!!!!![/quote]
    Where did you get them?[/quote]
    OC Md/ Del i saw about 50 bottles last weekend. I found a place in del that sold 120's for 8.46 a bottle.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    is it bad that all of this bryzaster/defense talk has forced me to think about what kind of beer I'm going with tonight?[/quote]
    2 bottles of 75 minute ipa for me!!!!![/quote]

You ever have the 120 ?

Tasty[/quote]
    I have 5 in my closet as we speak!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    We took the Dogfish head tour and had the samples afterwards

We were buzzed

• Options

We were buzzed

my in-laws shorehouse isn't far from there. personally I think the dogfish beers are just OK (the PJ beer was disgusting).

I have a bunch of stuff in the basement. I think I'm going with maui brewing company coconut porter. I've been saving it for a special occasion...like celebrating a playoff series win :D
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    I have a work dinner - hoping to be home for 2nd period. Flemings Prime Steakhouse - life could be worse.

Let's finish off the Pens - LETS GO FLYERS!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    I have a work dinner - hoping to be home for 2nd period. Flemings Prime Steakhouse - life could be worse.

There are restaurants in Philly without the game on??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

will dad be buying?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    The Fixer wrote:

We were buzzed

my in-laws shorehouse isn't far from there. personally I think the dogfish beers are just OK (the PJ beer was disgusting).

I have a bunch of stuff in the basement. I think I'm going with maui brewing company coconut porter. I've been saving it for a special occasion...like celebrating a playoff series win :D

I like a lot of their stuff. 90 and 120 are great. Bitches Brew is great. Love Noble Rot. Worldwide Stout is great. I like India Brown. Olde School is really good. I like Punkin. The woman loves Chicory Stout

Obviously not a fan of Faithfull. Other people like Immort, but I don't. I'd rather drink scotch if I wanted something that tastes like it. 60 is 60. There are a few that I really want to get my hands on.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/media ... 01_mnu.pdf

when they can't afford the ink to put the price on the menu, it's doubtful that they can afford tv's :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/media ... 01_mnu.pdf

when they can't afford the ink to put the price on the menu, it's doubtful that they can afford tv's :lol:
    :lol: ... no, but seriously. Even the most expensive, 5 star place in Vancouver would lose business if they didn't put the game on. TVs are even set up at some street corners downtown so pedestrians can stop and watch!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ahhh... I miss Vancouver. PjSoul give her a hug for me. :)
    Yeah, The Dogfishhead brewery tour is nice. Check out some brewing and then sample the goods. They could'nt be nicer either. Their beers for the most part kick ass. Consiering how many different beers they brew, they're bound to have a few stinkers but overall...great beer. I love there willingness to try different stuff. My girl and I have been on a Nut Brown kick lately and I just tryed the World Wide Stout....good, but Mama is it strong. For those not in the know, make sure after you do the tour you go down to the Brew Pub at the beach. Great food and great beer! C'mon Flyers... Let's take care of business tonight!!
  • Options
    "2 bottles of 75 minute ipa for me!!!!![/quote]
    Where did you get them?[/quote]
    OC Md/ Del i saw about 50 bottles last weekend. I found a place in del that sold 120's for 8.46 a bottle."

And No sales tax either.. :D Which place in DE are you talking about.. Total? I've wanted to try the 75, how is it?
    Let's Go Flyers!