Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    fife wrote:
    I hope u didn't wake a sleeping giant with that newspaper cover :fp:

I think we woke up a sleeping giant with our play yesterday. we will recover I still believe.

I think as Flyers fan we keep waiting for something to go wrong sometimes. Game 5 will be different and hope that the Flyers see that the refs are going to call it tight now and we have to play smart
    It would certainly be far from the first time that a team comes back from a 3-0 series. Same with Vancouver (they're done it before). There is always reason to think it's gonna happen; definitely not a time to give up and lose hope!

I agree 100% with you. we just need to make sure we play a better defensive game and we get decent goaltending. The Flyers know first hand how a team can come back from 3-0
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Injury Updates...

Bryz injured hip...game time decision

JVR...cleared to play

Grossmann...likely out

BOB and Leighton ?

:fp:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I believe Holmgren has denied that Eskin report about Bryz having a hip injury.
    The Grossmann injury is huge, Looks like Gustavson will fill his spot.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Hip injury has been denied....but truth is a funny thing in nhl playoofs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Lavi has said that Ilya is playing today. JVR looks like he is going to play. should be an interesting game. I still think the Flyers will win tonight but who knows I still might be drunk from yesterday.

we just have to make sure that we play a full 60 minutes. we all know the Pens are going to come out strong and we need to make sure we take the crowd out.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    Lavi has said that Ilya is playing today. JVR looks like he is going to play. should be an interesting game. I still think the Flyers will win tonight but who knows I still might be drunk from yesterday.

we just have to make sure that we play a full 60 minutes. we all know the Pens are going to come out strong and we need to make sure we take the crowd out.

playing a little defense woudl help
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

playing a little defense woudl help

thats true which is going to be hard now that Grossmann is out but all year the Flyers have come up with players to play games so I hope that this continues.
  • Options
    i was thinking, they should dress shelly, line him up agaist malkin, and tell him to just let the fists fly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i was thinking, they should dress shelly, line him up agaist malkin, and tell him to just let the fists fly

I would like to see that but I just want to win and if we do that it takes a person off our roster who would be better. Sean is doing a good job against Malkin except for that last game.
  • Options
    fine...

we'll save that option for the first match up next season. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fine...

we'll save that option for the first match up next season. :lol:

oh damm right we will!

only 9 more hours til game time
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Sounds like Bryz starts and JVR replaces Rinaldo
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    I hope u didn't wake a sleeping giant with that newspaper cover :fp:

I think as Flyers fan we keep waiting for something to go wrong sometimes. Game 5 will be different and hope that the Flyers see that the refs are going to call it tight now and we have to play smart

I agree 100% with everything you posted. Though I'm nervous about the goaltending (what else is new?) and the fact that no grossman means more ice time for the ineptitude of lilja and kubina, I do have faith that laviolette will have them ready to play tonight.

Bottom line is that their goalies are going to have to help them win a game at some point in this series. Can they??
  • Options
    Injury Updates...

JVR...cleared to play

Grossmann...likely out

BOB and Leighton ?

man, the AIDS is spreading

I think I'd rather have leighton than Bob
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Injury Updates...

JVR...cleared to play

Grossmann...likely out

BOB and Leighton ?

Bob looked AWEFUL the other night....not that Iyla looked much better. I think Iyla was fed up with the defense in front of him...seems like he lost his heart.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I would love to see it, but they have to get back to being disciplined tonight.

I don't want to see shelly near the ice unless he's driving a zambonie
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Injury Updates...

JVR...cleared to play

Grossmann...likely out

BOB and Leighton ?

Bob looked AWEFUL the other night....not that Iyla looked much better. I think Iyla was fed up with the defense in front of him...seems like he lost his heart.

I've been saying it for a while, Bobrovsky just isn't good. They should trade him this offseason
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I would love to see it, but they have to get back to being disciplined tonight.

I don't want to see shelly near the ice unless he's driving a zambonie

some of those calls wed night were aweful.

assuming the games are reffed more like the first three, and iyla can stop the puck...it could be a good night.

plus....we do have road ice advantage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I've been saying it for a while, Bobrovsky just isn't good. They should trade him this offseason

i think he has the size and speed to play goal in the nhl, but he needs to change up his style a little. stop flopping down into the butterfly so quick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

remember all the NYR fans saying how important home ice is? :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i think he has the size and speed to play goal in the nhl, but he needs to change up his style a little. stop flopping down into the butterfly so quick.

he goes down too early, too often. like a homeless guy trying to pick up change on the street

they gave bryz the monster contract, so he's their guy. might as well get something for bob before the rest of the league realizes that he blows (if they haven't already)
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

remember all the NYR fans saying how important home ice is? :lol:

no

:lol:

i still would have preferred a higher seed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    goaltending has been weak for sure but really ... the defense is the main culprit ... forwards aren't picking up guys in the defensive zone ... too many shots from the slot ... it's easy to always blame the goalie there but really ... it's the collective defensive effort ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    goaltending has been weak for sure but really ... the defense is the main culprit ... forwards aren't picking up guys in the defensive zone ... too many shots from the slot ... it's easy to always blame the goalie there but really ... it's the collective defensive effort ...

you mean allowing an opponent to take the puck from his goal line to between the offensive circles without being obstructed isn't good defense???

Wednesday was a complete team abortion
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

agreed it's a team effort.

but on Iyla's 5th goal the other night, it look like he had mentally quit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    you mean allowing an opponent to take the puck from his goal line to between the offensive circles without being obstructed isn't good defense???

Wednesday was a complete team abortion

exactly ... pronger anchored that d ... it's why guys like chara play almost half the game ... team is trying to compensate for that by outscoring opponents ... well ... it's playing with fire ... might work ... just don't think you can always blame just the goalie ...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

ya ... maybe ... but if guys aren't picking up their men or blocking shots ... they aren't really helping ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

ya ... maybe ... but if guys aren't picking up their men or blocking shots ... they aren't really helping ...

laviolette is solid with game to game adjustments.

I'm just worried about having lilja, kubina, and gustaffson all dress tonight.

Not to mention the Bryzaster
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    81 wrote:
    i still would have preferred a higher seed

Whatever - Flyers are still the only East team with 3 wins.

I think we know deep down that this team can actually play defense. They didn't give up 5.5 goals a game all year. Lot tougher without Grossman though. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Apr 17 Meszaros (back) skated some laps prior to the team's practice Tuesday, Dan Rosen of NHL.com reports.
    Recommendation: Meszaros had surgery in March to remove a small disc fragment in his back. He's still out with the injury, but appears to be progressing. Rosen later described Meszaros' skate as "light", so it doesn't look like he'll be available in the next series, if the Flyers advance over the Penguins.

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg