The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    JVR looked good last night but i am getting pissed at Ilya now. 4-2 lead and he let in 2 goals. need better goaltending or we are going no where.

Timmo is also hurt so i think we are going to need to get another D-man. do we wait until the off-season to get a D-man or do we make a trade to Nashville for Suter and who would we give up for him?

I have read weber will be the one that's available, not suter.

They have to get another defenseman. And they will
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sawyer wrote:
    Fuck that team and that hideous town

Hey, it's the douchebag with a picture of a dude who's not himself.

I actually like Philadelphia..at least the parts where I was.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    Fuck that team and that hideous town

Because it's like every other city. Good parts and shitty parts.

And that douche is from the suburbs anyway.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    needless to say the pearl jam philly trip was alittle different vibe than monday :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    needless to say the pearl jam philly trip was alittle different vibe than monday :lol:

I've been to Philly for other things than pj and in my experience just had a good time.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

a yankees fan knocked off mine and my friend's gf's side mirrors to our cars during night 4 pj/game 3 a couple years ago.

there are idiot fans of literally every team, in every city, in every sport, all over the entire universe. get over it. ;)
    www.myspace.com

a yankees fan knocked off mine and my friend's gf's side mirrors to our cars during night 4 pj/game 3 a couple years ago.

there are idiot fans of literally every team, in every city, in every sport, all over the entire universe. get over it. ;)

definitely idiot fans everywhere. philly is the world capitol though.

every time an incident happens here (which is all too often)...locals get sooooo defensive. I find it more amusing every time. not sure what they are arguing about. when your city has the most incidents, you get a bad reputation
    DS1119 wrote:

Because it's like every other city. Good parts and shitty parts.

And that douche is from the suburbs anyway.

damn suburbanites.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    http://sports.barstoolsports.com/philly ... -iraq-vet/

loved this comment about cops...I concur

Are everyone involved Philly / NY scumbags? Yes. Is the guy that got beat up a cop? Yes. All of them deserve to die. I'm an Iraq vet, too. He probably deserved it. Cops usually do.
    The Fixer wrote:
    http://sports.barstoolsports.com/philly/sports-page/turns-out-that-beat-up-rangers-fan-was-a-cop-purple-heart-iraq-vet/

loved this comment about cops...I concur

Are everyone involved Philly / NY scumbags? Yes. Is the guy that got beat up a cop? Yes. All of them deserve to die. I'm an Iraq vet, too. He probably deserved it. Cops usually do.

well that kind of thinking is almost as childish as what probably led to the fight in the first place.

i love how he felt the need to add that he's an iraq vet too. like that makes him an expert on commenting on some random dumb fight at a cheese steak place. people are stupid. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Danny boy with the monster game.

Digging iyla's throw back pads...even better since he pkayed well today. Give him the start tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NICE 3RD :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    lets call a spade a spade and this team is a spade that blows. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    81 wrote:

:| i don't know, they look good at times, then again they look horrible at times. let's hope whomever is goalie come playoff time steps it up.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    81 wrote:

:| i don't know, they look good at times, then again they look horrible at times. let's hope whomever is goalie come playoff time steps it up.

gonna take more than a goalie to fix this shit. it's the same story game after game....they can't shut the other team down. the defense/goaltending blows. they need to work on that shit if they want to do anything.

i'm not sold on the richards trade yet either. the carter deal i like, the richards trade has been a bust this year.....couple of years it can swing around, but.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    who the hell puts this garbage together

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/phi/depthchart

what a joke :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The net behind Bryz must be humongous big.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The net behind Bryz must be humongous big.

his 5 hole is huge
    the defense in front of him has big holes in it.

you could put roy and hasak in net at the same time and it wouldn't matter. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    just to remind people, we are still 6 overall in the NHL. if you think of all the changes that this team has had in the past year and how many new players we are playing that is damm good. i am still hopefully that this team will get another d-man and i still think we are going to gel some more during the season.
    81 wrote:

gonna take more than a goalie to fix this shit. it's the same story game after game....they can't shut the other team down. the defense/goaltending blows. they need to work on that shit if they want to do anything.

i'm not sold on the richards trade yet either. the carter deal i like, the richards trade has been a bust this year.....couple of years it can swing around, but.....

simmonds has been pretty awesome. I like him a lot. Schenn has had a tough year (unlucky), but I'm willing to give him more time before I say the trade was a bust. I do miss richards though. Didn't he get another concussion??

the carter trade has been fantastic. coturier is going to be really, really good.

Luke Schenn to the flyers rumors floating around. They will get another defenseman. Holmgren knows that he can't play Lilja in important games. That guy is a cone with limbs
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    Luke Schenn to the flyers rumors floating around. They will get another defenseman. Holmgren knows that he can't play Lilja in important games. That guy is a cone with limbs

for who?

ultimately, i think flyers success is hinged on pronger now ... has been for a while ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

for who?

ultimately, i think flyers success is hinged on pronger now ... has been for a while ...

no names mentioned. just that the leafs and flyers could be trade partners, with Schenn and cody franson as possible defenseman the flyers could target
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

for who?

no names mentioned. just that the leafs and flyers could be trade partners, with Schenn and cody franson as possible defenseman the flyers could target

as i live in Toronto, the only thing that i can say is that if the Flyers do trade to Toronto i can see it being a center man. i don't know if we would want to trade a center to Toronto esp. for Luke Schenn who i don't think is a player who could be a shutdown d-man which is what we need.
  • Gotta say Bob was really awesome last night. Shame that we know he will be terrible when it matters. Good to see some defense, even if it was against a terrible team.

Schenn is really starting to look good - hopefully he avoids the injury curse the rest of the year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Gotta say Bob was really awesome last night. Shame that we know he will be terrible when it matters. Good to see some defense, even if it was against a terrible team.

Schenn is really starting to look good - hopefully he avoids the injury curse the rest of the year.

i know this might the wrong answer, but i don't see why you said we know he will be terrible when it matters. last year was his rookie year. he might still be a very good goalie.

Schenn is a very good player and will only get better when he starts to play alot more.
  • fife wrote:
    i know this might the wrong answer, but i don't see why you said we know he will be terrible when it matters. last year was his rookie year. he might still be a very good goalie.

I hope you're right.

Last year he was great and then lousy down the stretch and in the playoffs.

This year he was great for the 5 games in a row then terrible on national tv in the baseball park.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

simmonds has been pretty awesome. I like him a lot. Schenn has had a tough year (unlucky), but I'm willing to give him more time before I say the trade was a bust. I do miss richards though. Didn't he get another concussion??

the carter trade has been fantastic. coturier is going to be really, really good.

so far the richards deal has been a dud. Simmons is ok for a third liner...Schenn is the key...nice to see him actually playing and producing a little. this trade is way to early to pass judgement...i will conceed that.

carter deal has been fantastic. love 14. killing pp's as a 18 year old rookie. amazing..and now his offense is starting to show up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:

I hope you're right.

Last year he was great and then lousy down the stretch and in the playoffs.

This year he was great for the 5 games in a row then terrible on national tv in the baseball park.

i thought bob was jerked around in the playoffs last year.

i'll take 5 good followed by one bad all day long. he's clearly outplaying iyla right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

cone with limbs...that's about right. i expected more. he's been aweful.

nice to see they finally found a guy from the minors that can play in bourdon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

so far the richards deal has been a dud. Simmons is ok for a third liner...Schenn is the key...nice to see him actually playing and producing a little. this trade is way to early to pass judgement...i will conceed that.

carter deal has been fantastic. love 14. killing pp's as a 18 year old rookie. amazing..and now his offense is starting to show up.

simmonds is on pace for 20+ goals. he's more than just a checker.