The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276

you guys make it seem like you won 3 cups in the last 5 years :lol:

you guys have won cock in 35 years ....35 years!!!!

sigh

nobody here, at least not me, thinks the Flyers have won anything in a long time.

but they are competitive year in and year out, going to Finals, going to eastern finals, playing in big games. that's all we can ask for....that and a little luck will win a cup.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I saw BURE on that list the only non-flyer Jersey I own. Loved that dude growing up.

Am I a fraud ? :lol: :oops:

he was awesome in EA's NHL game on Sega.

OMG my team !

Courtnall-Ronning-Bure

No Line Changes

:P

did not matter....but we always played with line changes...and everybody was a beast on the flyers when i was at the controls.

line up the lefties on the right side, and the righties on the left....breakaways with a quick little juke just before the net resulted in goals 80% of the time.

i'm gonna have to go buy a sega. i wanna play again. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

did not matter....but we always played with line changes...and everybody was a beast on the flyers when i was at the controls.

line up the lefties on the right side, and the righties on the left....breakaways with a quick little juke just before the net resulted in goals 80% of the time.

i'm gonna have to go buy a sega. i wanna play again. :lol:

You can download the ROM on your PC and get a cheap 3 button paddle

I just looked Bure had 437 goals..if he had hit 500 he's a no brainer
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    I saw BURE on that list the only non-flyer Jersey I own. Loved that dude growing up.

Am I a fraud ? :lol: :oops:

he was awesome in EA's NHL game on Sega.

OMG my team !

Courtnall-Ronning-Bure

No Line Changes

wow ..that was my same exact squad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    you guys make it seem like you won 3 cups in the last 5 years :lol:

you guys have won cock in 35 years ....35 years!!!!

More success in the reg season and playoffs over the last 15 yrs then you chumps

No Cups obviously

:x

which makes it even more frustrating ...so many chances to win but management refused to get a goalie ...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    clearly, we need an old school hockey tournemet at the next alpine event.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • wow ..that was my same exact squad

You wouldn't believe how hard it was getting a white Bure jersey

I ended up getting one from some dude selling in Canada similar to E-bay

wow ..that was my same exact squad

You wouldn't believe how hard it was getting a white Bure jersey

I ended up getting one from some dude selling in Canada similar to E-bay

i pulled an autographed bure out of a pack of cards when those first became popular....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:

i would guess that 50% here can't skate ... 8-)
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

sega tournement

but i can skate....i used to have pretty good speed....it's all gone now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

Can't even roller skate.

Big E is clearly a Hall of Famer - how is this even a debate?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Big E is a founding member of the over rated HOF. :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    sega tournement

but i can skate....i used to have pretty good speed....it's all gone now. :lol:

:lol::lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    They just had Hall of Fame weekend..interesting article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... hl-wp17468

3. Eric Lindros

There are 17 players with a higher points per game average than Lindros (1.138); 11 of them are in the Hall of Fame, three of them will be in the Hall of Fame (Sakic, Jagr, Forsberg) and two of them are Crosby and Ovechkin. (And then there's Kent Nilsson.) In fact, of the top 30 players in points-per-game average, 21 are already in the Hall.

The debates over Lindros had been fought since he was forced into retirement. Know this: He's been on a year-long PR campaign that includes his participation in the Winter Classic for the Philadelphia Flyers. The time might be right for Lindros next season.

Big E in or out ?

Love the guy more than anyone, but I'd say out. Just didn't play enough games

They should bring him back for one more regular season game. Just so he could take a run a crosby

then pjhawaks would go all rick reilly on us and tell us how sports are too violent :roll:
    i say he's in ... if mark howe is in ... i say lindros is in ...
  • So, are we ever gonna retire #2 for Mark Howe??? LONG OVERDUE.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • So, are we ever gonna retire #2 for Mark Howe??? LONG OVERDUE.
    I think so

I agree it's overdue

• Anyone see Duchene's goal last night ?

Sick
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... HQb4NjOk5M

hmm...who starts in goal tonight....hmmm

this game could really get iyla going. right now he is having the worst season of his career
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    hmm...who starts in goal tonight....hmmm

this game could really get iyla going. right now he is having the worst season of his career

Since he sucks I would only play bob in back to back situations
    Is claude stash for real :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The yotes color guy is brutal. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jagr out for the rest of the game. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Hope it's nothing serious. Figured they'd be lucky if he gave them 60-65 games this year.

I'm guessing groin. He used to always have issues with that
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hope it's nothing serious. Figured they'd be lucky if he gave them 60-65 games this year.

I'm guessing groin. He used to always have issues with that
    Yotes said he got cruched between a couple of players and called the injury a lower body injury
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Oh well...

Thank you for your support of the Phillies as a season ticket holder. This email is to advise you that you were not selected for the chance to purchase tickets to the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® as part of the Phillies Ticket Opportunity drawing.

Although you were not randomly selected in the ticket opportunity drawing for the NHL Winter Classic®, you can still experience outdoor hockey at Citizens Bank Park when the Phantoms take on the Hershey Bears on Friday, January 6 at 7 p.m. Tickets to the Phantoms/Hershey Bears game can be purchased by visiting philadelphiaflyers.com.

Once again, thank you for your support of the Phillies. We hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Love this!! Remember when some around here defended this loser after the trade? Also said the flyers would struggle to score goals without him. The team leading the NHL in goals scored?? The Flyers. :lol::lol:

He has been there for just 8 games.

But does Jeff Carter want out of Columbus?

The hot rumor circulating throughout the NHL is that Carter has asked the Blue Jackets, who are in the midst of the worst start in team history, for a trade.

Renaud Lavoie, a respected French Canadian journalist from RDS, said he spoke to Carter’s agent, Philadelphia-based Rick Curran, who denied the report.

Here is a rough translation Lavoie’s report:

“By the American Thanksgiving (a week), several general managers will try to trade to improve their team. A name that is currently circulating is that of Jeff Carter.
    Not that the Blue Jackets want to trade him, but because he is asking a trade.
    Many GMs are aware of this fact.
    But when I contacted the agent for Jeff Carter, Rick Curran, the latter told me that his client did not request a trade, contrary to rumors.”

How bad are things in Columbus?

Carter is still looking for his first goal in a Blue Jackets uniform. He missed 10 games - including a rematch here in Philly on Nov. 5 in which the Flyers whacked Columbus, 9-2 - but has collected just 3 assists in 8 games played. He returned to the lineup on Nov. 12 after missing nearly a full month.

There are only 5 teams in the NHL who have not won at least 3 times on the road this season. Columbus has just 3 wins total. They are 0-7-1 on the road after Thursday’s 2-1 shootout loss in Boston.

With that, they have all but eliminated themselves from the super tight playoff race in the Western Conference, though it is only the middle of November. Columbus is already 13 points back of 8th place.

The Blue Jackets have not made any big moves to try and shake things up. There have been no major trades, other than acquiring Mark Letestu from Pittsburgh. Coach Scott Arniel and GM Scott Howson still have their jobs.

In fact, former coach Ken Hitchcock - who was still under contract with the Blue Jackets this season - was hired in St. Louis on Nov. 6. Under Hitchcock, the Blues (4-0-1) have amassed as more points in 12 nights (9) than the Blue Jackets have all season (8).

Still, we have a hard time believing that the Blue Jackets have any interest in dealing Carter, even if he did request a deal.

Carter was one of their marquee offseason acquisitions, brought in to be the centerpiece on a line with Rick Nash. They haven’t yet had enough time to create any chemistry.

Besides, there were reports in the Columbus Dispatch that Carter and Nash - who are just a year apart - have become close friends and attended Ohio State football games together.

Then again, it’s not hard to imagine that it has been a miserable ride in Columbus for Carter, who was clearly not expecting to get dealt last summer. Not after signing an 11-year deal with the Flyers a few months earlier. Not after reportedly being told by general manager Paul Holmgren that he would not be traded in a face-to-face meeting.

After being sent from a perennial contender to a franchise in the middle of Ohio with a tepid fan-base that has seen the playoffs just once in 11 seasons, it is more or less a culture shock.

If you recall, it took Columbus sending Arniel and Howson to Carter’s shore house in Sea Isle City, N.J., a full 4 days after the trade before he would publicly address the trade. Carter said that he felt “betrayed” and “angered.”
  • Only one person here defended that douchebag. :lol:

Who wouldn't request a trade out of columbus?

They blow year after year.

Does the carter deal ever look good for the flyers. Who would have ever thought the number one penalty killing forward would be an 18 year old rookie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • From Twitter

Sources tell me MaRK Howe's No. 2 will be retired March 6