Options

Cottage Cheese

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
is prolly the worse thing to give some one if they don't have an appetite.

I mean seriously - do you NOT see what it looks like?

anyway - I had some cottage cheese and they asked me if I wanted SALT on it. or SUGAR on it.

and I was like puzzled. I always ate it with jam (if I was forced to eat it at all)
apparently this is quite batshit...so I was wondering how do you eat cottage cheese?
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I hate it...it's so unappetizing looking...I know what it looks like, but I can't say it on here.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I love cottage cheese...with salt and pepper...along with a side of sliced tomatoes. YUM!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    I eat it every night before I go to bed w/ Equal. If you sweeten it up enough, it tastes like ice cream. Funny enough, I also have ice cream in addition to cc every night :P
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    salt and pepper for me. the tomatoes with it sounds good too.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    okay salt and pepper - and then tomatoes...does it make the cottage cheese less bland and kinda sourish?

the jam or pineapple jam stuff made the cottage cheese just taste kind of like dull yogurt...

I think I am going to try it with salt and pepper when they bring it back during the next break.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    I just eat it as is, or on bread/toast.

my friend used to eat it with apple sauce in the college dining hall...like in the same bowl...???

my mom used to eat it with canned peaches over lettuce???

these seem like things that don't go together.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    right out of the carton :o
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    The type I buy has pineapple with it, and I can't get enough of it! it's low fat, and an excellent source of protein (which can be difficult to find if like me you are a vegetarian).
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i love it, i have it for breakfast with honey drizzled over it
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,529

anyway - I had some cottage cheese and they asked me if I wanted SALT on it. or SUGAR on it.

and I was like puzzled. I always ate it with jam (if I was forced to eat it at all)
    apparently this is quite batshit...so I was wondering how do you eat cottage cheese?

With pepper.
  • Options
    I have a confession to make. I've never tried cottage cheese!
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I eat mine with shredded chicken.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,529
    I have a confession to make. I've never tried cottage cheese!

Cuz it looks grose, right? Just like yogurt. I wouldn't touch that goo with a 10 foot pole, until I was sat on and it was forced in my mouth. Now, I can't get enough when spiced right.
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    When im training i eat 3 tubs a day straight from the tub with a spoon and nothing else. Delicious
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    this thread is intriguing. i've never had cottage cheese in a savory respect, always sweet! either honey or fresh fruit. salt/pepper and tomatoes? i'll have to give it a shot sometime
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I like cottage cheese on Doritos Tortilla Chips, yum, yum.
    I don't eat Doritos all that often tho. (junk food = bad) :) right?
    Cottage cheese in lasagna rules.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I eat it straight.

Or on tomato slices.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    no one else puts it on toast?
  • Options
    this is really cool!

thanks, people! I have to eat cottage cheese (apparently) because of it's protein and calcium. so I have been eating it at 2 "meals" and as a snack.

some of the suggestions sound like it would cut the bad vooo jooo from this stuff.

if only i can eat it blindfolded.
  • Options
    if only i can eat it blindfolded.

why not?
  • Options
    no one here to spoon it in...and i am like the village idiot when blindfolded.

I will end up getting it in my ear...and hair...and well with what it looks like...it may become a seriously embarrassing situation (the kind that doesn't even have the good memories to think back fondly upon...)

the nurse woman was like "WTHF!" when I made the request for a blindfold as it is...(:p) J/k
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    with blueberries. mmmmmm....
  • Options
    all this mixing it with fruit/sweets is freaking me out!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    CityMouse wrote:
    all this mixing it with fruit/sweets is freaking me out!
    i didn't know it could be eaten any other way!
  • Options
    mnicole22mnicole22 Posts: 417
    disgusting....*shiver*
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i didn't know it could be eaten any other way!

but it's...cheese...it's like mixing milk and orange juice!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141

not with tuna? :confused::p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    not with tuna? :confused::p
    BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

oh my god...I just thought of what my pantry is going to look like when i get home...

it's like wolf-boy has been squatting in my kitchen I bet.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

oh my god...I just thought of what my pantry is going to look like when i get home...

it's like wolf-boy has been squatting in my kitchen I bet.

suprises instore! ......good to see you back!!! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    suprises instore! ......good to see you back!!! :)
    thanks!

I was gone for one weekend and my bf is normally very OCD but it's only about his appearance...because in one weekend he had managed to somehow get a carton of onion dip wedged under the couch and instead of moving the couch to get it...he put balled up newspapers and paper towels in it to "soak it all up"

it wasn't spilled.

I still don't think he is anything more than a functional after that one.:p