Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Im still trying to figure out how many on this thread are...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Congrats.
    Good luck!

same to you. How are you feeling? My wife lately couldn't get comfortable anywhere, and her back hurts from the inevitable weight gain. I introduced her to my recliner, and told her she should sleep in it, see if it helps. (I bought it specifically to sleep in post neck surgery, and slept in it exclusively for 4-5 months) I think I'll have our bed to myself for a while now. Going by due dates, she's about 6 weeks ahead of you, so if you have any questions, let us know
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    Awwww....all these Pearl Jam babies I love it!! My girlfirend is also expecting..I bought her a pearl jam onesie...I can't wait!!

Where did you get a PJ onesie?
  • Options
    Yeah I want one too. I can find other bands...

Im doing well. Getting bigger but not huge. Im carrying very compactly.
    My back and hips get very sore though so since Im a dog groomer and
    have to stand all day I only go in to work one day a week now.

I had a very easy go of things so far. No morning sickness at all.
    People keep asking me how I am in a manner that suggests they want
    gory details, but alas... I have nothing to offer them.

You guys must be getting excited though!
    Everything ready?
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

Yeah, everyone wants to tell you horror stories about morning sickness, and it's as though they want to hear your horror stories as well...but I always disappoint people when I tell them I barely had it. I was mostly just a little tired in the second and third month...that's all. I sometimes think people don't even believe me!
  • Options
    Definately getting excited. Ready? I don't know if we'll ever be ready. But her shower was this past saturday, so we have a ton of stuff now. The nursery is all set up, we just have to put the sheets on the crib, and the bumpers and all that jazz. you sound very similar to my wife. When people realize she's pregnant, they think she's 4-5 months along, but she's about 8 1/2. She also had absolutely no morning sickness. My theory is that's how it has to be with first, or else there won't be a second. Funny story, not PJ related, but I still hang out with a softball team I used to play for. as of season end, last November, of the 12 regulars 7 were either expecting, or had babies within the last 2 months
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

Yeah, everyone wants to tell you horror stories about morning sickness, and it's as though they want to hear your horror stories as well...but I always disappoint people when I tell them I barely had it. I was mostly just a little tired in the second and third month...that's all. I sometimes think people don't even believe me!

Yeah, they look at sideways.
    I am loving the fact that my sister went through hell and it really bothers her that Im doing fine. Shes quite nasty.
    She weighs about 100lbs and is tiny.
    Im 5'9" and weigh 160lbs.
    She told me I probably wasnt showing cause Im "heavier" and "heavier" people some times dont show at all.
    Like Im some 500lb behemoth.
    Almost punched her.
  • Options
    Definately getting excited. Ready? I don't know if we'll ever be ready. But her shower was this past saturday, so we have a ton of stuff now. The nursery is all set up, we just have to put the sheets on the crib, and the bumpers and all that jazz. you sound very similar to my wife. When people realize she's pregnant, they think she's 4-5 months along, but she's about 8 1/2. She also had absolutely no morning sickness. My theory is that's how it has to be with first, or else there won't be a second. Funny story, not PJ related, but I still hang out with a softball team I used to play for. as of season end, last November, of the 12 regulars 7 were either expecting, or had babies within the last 2 months

Yeah I know tons of people too. I thought maybe it was cause its that age group but I also know a teenager that had a baby this year.

We have the room painted but are waiting to buy our furniture till we rip up tha carpeting and install the laminate we bought.
    Of course the year we plan to do house renos we find out we're prego! Go figure.
  • Options
    And, of course, this is the year that pearl jam will do a full tour.
  • Options
    And, of course, this is the year that pearl jam will do a full tour.

See I got to see them twice in the fall.
    Plus got to meet Mike and he said my thanked me onstage.
  • Options
    Lucky you. Last I saw them was the 2 nights in Boston. I really need a 10 shows in 2 months binge, and I know that will be impossible this year
  • Options
    Lucky you. Last I saw them was the 2 nights in Boston. I really need a 10 shows in 2 months binge, and I know that will be impossible this year

We will live.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    nope, not yet but i hope to be shortly after i settle down.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Hey I went on the Foo Fighters website and in thier Goods section they have bibs and one-pieces, sooo much more than here. I think Ill email 10c and see if they have any plans in the future for the same sort of thing.

bibs and onesies seem a little un-rock...

good for you though, I have no idea why anyone would put themselves through that, so you must be a better woman than I. I actually have trouble looking at pregnant women (which is tough whenever there's one you have to work with or one in your family or whatever). It just looks like the most uncomfortable, painful, gross thing ever. Thank god for adoption.
  • Options
    I only want one.
    Im not planning on going through this again.
    Even though it has gone very well so far.
    I would love to adopt. After this one. Maybe in 5 yrs.

Im not loving the belly. Or the attention. Im not a girly girl, so this hasw been quite a change for me.
  • Options
    bibs and onesies seem a little un-rock...

good for you though, I have no idea why anyone would put themselves through that, so you must be a better woman than I. I actually have trouble looking at pregnant women (which is tough whenever there's one you have to work with or one in your family or whatever). It just looks like the most uncomfortable, painful, gross thing ever. Thank god for adoption.

That's a sad way to think of it. It's not as bad as some people (and bad tv shows) make it out to be. Yes there can be complications but that's life. I've felt wonderful the whole time and it's one of the most exciting things I've ever experienced.
  • Options
    me me!! i'm about 15 wks along & doing great! haven't been sick at all! i little queasy for a few weeks, but thats passed too!

i am planning on finding out b/c this was a huge suprise & i want to know what the sex is so i can settle on the name & have some stuff ready for baby. We are moving into our new house this weekend & next...baby will have a big spacious room all to itself....my next ultra-sound is in 5wks! Cant wait to see baby again!!! :D

and congrats to the PJs mamas here!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    me me!! i'm about 15 wks along & doing great! haven't been sick at all! i little queasy for a few weeks, but thats passed too!

i am planning on finding out b/c this was a huge suprise & i want to know what the sex is so i can settle on the name & have some stuff ready for baby. We are moving into our new house this weekend & next...baby will have a big spacious room all to itself....my next ultra-sound is in 5wks! Cant wait to see baby again!!! :D

awww congratulations!!!!! glad to hear your feeing good....that makes all the difference.....enjoy your pregnancy

this is a truly wonderous time in your life

:D
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:

Congrats to you EG :D:)!!!!
    Wish you the best >>>>

>
    and to all the other PJ mamas
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    *bumpity Bump Bump*
    Thoughts arrive like butterflies.....
  • Options
    dude i am not prego but soo many of my friends are or have just had babies.... theres a lot fo that going around lol... i was saying its something in the fla water, butwho knows.... anywya i was wondering for u guys who are pregnant, like, were u on the pill or use condoms? or no? just curious, but all thes epeople i know are getting pregant and they say they used stuff and im like omg thats crazy!... i am on the pill and like omg omg i dont wnana get pregnant...lol... i guess sometimes its just meant to be!... ya i am a godmother now... whihc is cool... good luck to everyone and hope everyhting turns out well!
    Dee Dee aka Beavis =)

"He's Alive but feels absolutely nothing, so is he?? I'm still Alive."

"Oh, I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.
    Yeah, I won't change direction and I won't change my mind... How much difference does it make? ...
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,928
    my wife and I had our twins 4 months ago, and it has been the craziest/best/most hectic/most wonderful time of our lives.

To all you pregnant people (and I'm speaking for my wife here) embrace it and enjoy it. It won't last forever. And when the day finally comes, and you get to meet your little one, you'll appreciate those 9 months even more.

It has totally changed me life, for the better. You seriously cannot imagine loving something so much in your life.

Now, we just have to wait for them to grow into their PJ onesies
  • Options
    PJChic9 wrote:
    dude i am not prego but soo many of my friends are or have just had babies.... theres a lot fo that going around lol... i was saying its something in the fla water, butwho knows.... anywya i was wondering for u guys who are pregnant, like, were u on the pill or use condoms? or no? just curious, but all thes epeople i know are getting pregant and they say they used stuff and im like omg thats crazy!... i am on the pill and like omg omg i dont wnana get pregnant...lol... i guess sometimes its just meant to be!... ya i am a godmother now... whihc is cool... good luck to everyone and hope everyhting turns out well!

I was using condoms because the pill makes my migraines worse. So, moral of the story: if you don't want to have babies, use more than condoms. ;):D
  • Options
    Just checking to see how everyone is.
    It took me over a year to get pregnant
    after going off the pill. So everyone is different.
  • Options
    Bumping...
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    Yay!!!
    Congrats.
    Add another to the list.

Excited or just in shock?
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    a bit of both :)
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    a bit of both :)

I've definitely been there! The shock wears off pretty quickly though. :)