will ferrell SUCKS!!!

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    imalive said:

rr165892 said:

I hurt by what I'm reading here.Ferrel is pure comedy royalty.His minor roles are outstanding.Austin Powers,Wedding Crashers,zoolander.His leading roles are legendary.Old School,Anchorman,Ricky Bobby,Election,land of the lost,and of course The Other Guys,Step Brothers and Elf.If you like movie lines Ferrel is your man.

You are a USC/LA apologist. The dude is a lucky no talent,
    I have to agree he is a lucky no talent.
    When I think of comedy genius I think of the Marx Brothers, Groucho could possibly be one of the funniest, wittiest humans, who ever walked this planet. You want to talk comedy? Go pull up some of the old Colgate Comedy hours, with Martin and Lewis. For 10 years those 2 put on a comedy routine that couldn't be matched at the time. Im not talking about their ridiculous movies they came out with in the 60's, I am talking about their standup. Martin and Lewis were holy fuck hysterical. There is a 4 minute Laurel and Hardy bit in a movie called "Blotto", that I have posted here a few times, that is some of the funniest 4 minutes ever on screen. Obviously I am a fan of the classics.
    Seinfeld, Pryor, Carlin and Robin Williams were also genius. At least in my eyes.

I wouldn't give Will Ferrell 5 minutes of my time.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Wait till my wife finds out we drank all her liquor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ

edited March 2015
    Here is how you tell a joke.
    Buddy Hackett was another CLASSIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdzRA2uJ5Zw
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'll agree with Carlin,Williams and the contemporary comedians of recent times.I don't see great humour in the really old stuff Marx,Laurel and Hardy.Martin and Lewis had their moments.

Speedy we are the same generation.Ferrel is an offshoot of the comedy in film we grew up with.Caddyshack,AnimalHouse,The Jerk,Fletch Etc,etc how can you not see the improv genius?The wealth of Repeatable movie lines is overwhelming.
    Your not going to tell me You don't like Vince Vaughn and the Stiller/Wilson Bros are you?
    rr165892 said:

I'll agree with Carlin,Williams and the contemporary comedians of recent times.I don't see great humour in the really old stuff Marx,Laurel and Hardy.Martin and Lewis had their moments.

Speedy we are the same generation.Ferrel is an offshoot of the comedy in film we grew up with.Caddyshack,AnimalHouse,The Jerk,Fletch Etc,etc how can you not see the improv genius?The wealth of Repeatable movie lines is overwhelming.
    Your not going to tell me You don't like Vince Vaughn and the Stiller/Wilson Bros are you?

I like Vince Vaughn. I see some real talent in Vince Vaughn. Vince Vaughn can make me laugh.
    I wouldn't give Will Ferrell the time of day. I see nothing. I don't get it at all. And I consider myself as someone with a pretty damned good sense of humor. I also have a wide range, when it comes to what is considered funny. I see nothing funny with Will Ferrell. Nothing original, and not funny at all.
    Ok,fair enough.
    What is the funniest stand up of the last 30 years?Murphy raw,Leary,Robin Williams all are up there wouldn't you say?
    I think we also have 2 different categories that while both comedic are not the same.Stand up vs Improv/Film
    rr165892 said:

Ok,fair enough.
    What is the funniest stand up of the last 30 years?Murphy raw,Leary,Robin Williams all are up there wouldn't you say?
    I think we also have 2 different categories that while both comedic are not the same.Stand up vs Improv/Film

Eddie Murphy was up there at one time. Same with Williams.
    Between those 2 I would take Williams.

I am also not a BIG fan of just pure crude humor. You don't have to swear and get raunchy to be funny. That is why I prefer the older classic comedians.
    And in my opinion, as far as comedy?
    Anyone in my age bracket was blessed to have Johnny Carson on our television screens, every night, growing up.

Johnny was one of the BEST.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Yup, in your age bracket, Speedy! I LOVED the Marx Bros, and also especially Groucho. Funny, intelligent, with class. Could say the same for Bob Hope. Great in films but also just speaking.

And Robin Williams? Adore him.
    hedonist said:

Yup, in your age bracket, Speedy! I LOVED the Marx Bros, and also especially Groucho. Funny, intelligent, with class. Could say the same for Bob Hope. Great in films but also just speaking.

And Robin Williams? Adore him.

If ya want.
    Go to youtube and look for some Colgate Comedy hour clips of Martin and Lewis. Not sure how familiar you are with their old stand up, but it is HYSTERICAL!

Carson was fantastic.And I also don't like some crude sophomoric humor.Never a fan of practical joke/hidden camera shows or Jack ass type shows.
    Really love the humor of Ramis,Apatow,David and Hughes in Shows and movies.

Have you ever seen Billy Connely stand up routine? Dennis Leary? Both were hysterical.
    rr165892 said:

Carson was fantastic.And I also don't like some crude sophomoric humor.Never a fan of practical joke/hidden camera shows or Jack ass type shows.
    Really love the humor of Ramis,Apatow,David and Hughes in Shows and movies.

Have you ever seen Billy Connely stand up routine? Dennis Leary? Both were hysterical.

How did I forget Eddie Izzard? I find that guy to be funny as hell.

CAKE OR DEATH!!!!

Yes both Connely and Leary are funny.
    Oh I dig Leary big time - standup, Rescue Me, and of course, the Asshole song.

Speedy, will do that search. My parents - mom in particular - were fans of Martin & Lewis, as a team and separately.

"Hey lady!"

I remember when Jerry's telethons were actually watched, and Dean was right there with and for him.
    hedonist said:

Speedy, will do that search. My parents - mom in particular - were fans of Martin & Lewis, as a team and separately.

"Hey lady!"

I remember when Jerry's telethons were actually watched, and Dean was right there with and for him.

5 minutes of ad lib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyP7vUTsP7U
    hedonist said:

"Hey lady!"

I used to look forward to Labor Day weekend to watch the telethon.not anymore unfortunately.
    Gah! You two are making me smile.

Did you tune in Sunday nights, 8pm on CBS, to watch All in the Family? So weird how the specific channel and time slot sticks. Loved Archie and his pip, Edith.
    hedonist said:

Gah! You two are making me smile.

Did you tune in Sunday nights, 8pm on CBS, to watch All in the Family? So weird how the specific channel and time slot sticks. Loved Archie and his pip, Edith.

Right after Disney which was on at 7.
    It's like LoveBoat/Fantasy Island Sat nights at 8 and 9
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668

rr165892 said:

Ok,fair enough.

Eddie Murphy was up there at one time. Same with Williams.
    Between those 2 I would take Williams.

I am also not a BIG fan of just pure crude humor. You don't have to swear and get raunchy to be funny. That is why I prefer the older classic comedians.
    That's a big part. Nowadays it is way too straight forward.

Back when things were funny... it was a lot smarter and suttle. Just the extras on the sets of things like the blues brothers and funny farm are endless laughs. Or even something odd like "got my cheez whiz boy?" The Jerk is the best comedy ever made.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    check this out speedy, yesterday i was talking to this kid, maybe 24-25, and he had no idea who sid caesar was...it made me sad...as with anything, one should know their history

as for will, since this thread is older than jesus, i'm just gonna go with whatever cutback said
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    rr165892 said:

please tell me you're not talking OWEN Wilson......

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm said:

check this out speedy, yesterday i was talking to this kid, maybe 24-25, and he had no idea who sid caesar was...it made me sad...as with anything, one should know their history

as for will, since this thread is older than jesus, i'm just gonna go with whatever cutback said

1.Sid Ceaser
    2.Your Show Of Shows(which reminded me of)
    3.Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Those 3 should NEVER be mentioned in a thread discussing Will Ferrell.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Sounds like you guys are telling Will to get off your lawns. He's freaking hysterical. Not all his stuff is great but when he's on, he's on. Very comparable to Bill Murray for me with that great run of comdey classics.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    imalive said:

rr165892 said:

I find his roles (not sure about him personally, just his characters) to be ultra bland and boring in comedies.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    will is damn hysterical. good times
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    JK_Livin said:

Sounds like you guys are telling Will to get off your lawns. He's freaking hysterical. Not all his stuff is great but when he's on, he's on. Very comparable to Bill Murray for me with that great run of comdey classics.

Thank you a voice of reason!!!!!

imalive said:

rr165892 said:

I find his roles (not sure about him personally, just his characters) to be ultra bland and boring in comedies.

Zoolander,Wedding Crashers,Meet the Fockers.Behind enemy lines.All quality roles
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    I have to throw in a little Peter Sellers here. There was a guy who, without saying a word, could make you bust a gut laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWvWRqrAig
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Just watched Off Camera with Sam Jones with Will Ferrell. Very little clowning and a solid interview. If you haven't seen the show it's pretty good. The episode with Jeff Bridges was great.
    brianlux said:

I have to throw in a little Peter Sellers here. There was a guy who, without saying a word, could make you bust a gut laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWvWRqrAig

You know how I feel about Pierre!